To the rappers/writers on NT..

yeeupp

Banned
When you guys write a song, do you just focus on that one song only until you're done.

Do you mess around with a bunch of songs at a time ? 2-3 at most ?

I realized its tough handling 25+ at a time

it depends... if im writing a story ill usually focus on that til its done. if its a standard verse hook verse hook, I can dabble with multiple tracks at a time... maybe write 8 bars come back to it, finish up another joint , and come back to it later... it depends on your workload as well... Sometimes Ill finish a whole song in 90 minutes or so.. thats 2-3 verses and the hook... i gotta be in that zone though which only occurs after long droughts of not writing..

After how long or after how many days of writing are you back in your zone ?

I've always got a handful of verses in my head, but when I decide on a concept and a beat then I focus on that one track till it's done.

I held an unfinished track in my head for about a year once. But then the perfect transition came to me and I banged it out.

Writers block FTL.

I've found that if I try to focus on one song and the ideas aren't flowing then there's no need to "force" it

That's normally why I start working on something else.

After how long or after how many days of writing are you back in your zone ?
sometimes weeks , sometimes months.... sometimes a few days.. I dont write EVERYDAY but i usually write a few songs a month when I not in music mode... If im in the mood i could knock out so much in such a short period of time its scary.

Back
Top Bottom