Today Aaliyah died 8 years ago 1/16/79 - 8/25/01 RIP

8 years later, and still can't believe she's gone. The pilot that flew Aaliyah and her crew after the "Rock the Boat" video shoot justfalsified information to get a pilot's license, and he also had traces of cocaine and alcohol in his system after an autopsy was performed. I rememberreading the newspaper article about her death.

RIP to a talented woman.

I miss you still gets plays
pimp.gif
rip

crazy how fast time goes by. definitely an angel, RIP.

i still play all her old songs, "back and forth" and "throw your hands up" always get me in that good vibe
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Doesn't seem like 8 years already.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Now I just need to remember whose birthday is today.[/color]

Originally Posted by AirThompson

If she was with us today no doubt she'll almost be at icon status.
I don't agree. Dying so young was the best thing to happen in terms of her legacy. It's just like any other artist who dies young. Ifshe'd lived and managed to release a couple more albums that would have been destined to be over-produced mainstream R&B garbage today, we wouldn'thold her in the same light. No doubt she would have ended up in the hands of the wrong trends in R&B.

dmbrhs wrote:
AirThompson wrote:
If she was with us today no doubt she'll almost be at icon status.

I don't agree. Dying so young was the best thing to happen in terms of her legacy. It's just like any other artist who dies young. If she'd lived and managed to release a couple more albums that would have been destined to be over-produced mainstream R&B garbage today, we wouldn't hold her in the same light. No doubt she would have ended up in the hands of the wrong trends in R&B.

i want to disagree with you but i believe you are right. look at some of the artists she worked with. timbo, missy, etc. they are all mainstream garbage. imsure she would have still teamed up with them till this day since they were so closely knit.

rip, i was freshman in college when she died. I heard about it at a party for incoming freshman from some girl randomly and then again 2 mins later, me and myfriends couldnt believe it. we left and went back to the dorms to look on online and it was the first thing that popped up on yahoo.

<------ I was 16 turning 17 at the time when she died

had a crush on her since her "The one I gave my heart to" music video

she was looking very nice in that video (as well as in the "one in a million" video)

R.I.P

I remember waking up on Sunday morning to hear the news. Very sad, probably one of the only celebs other than MJ that I truly felt sad for when they died. Shewas on the verge of becoming a megastar too, remember she was supposed to have Jada Pinkett's role in the Matrix 2-3.

I guarantee there wouldn't be no Ciara or a bunch of those female R&B singers if Aaliyah was still around.

One In A Million
pimp.gif

4 Page Letter
pimp.gif

We Need A Resolution
pimp.gif

Age Ain't Nothin But A Number
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

So beautiful.

She was my favorite singer when I was in elemntary school. I remember trying to emulate her dance moves on "Are You That Somebody" and wanting to dress just like her, with the whole tank top and baggy jeans.

what girl didn't want to be her??

i wish her style would come back in style...was so hot
pimp.gif
agreed.

Originally Posted by ck1301

rip, i was freshman in college when she died. I heard about it at a party for incoming freshman from some girl randomly and then again 2 mins later, me and my friends couldnt believe it. we left and went back to the dorms to look on online and it was the first thing that popped up on yahoo.
Same for me. I was a junior and out for a party that night. Right before I get in the spot this girl who had already been on my nerves comes outthe spot and says laughing "that biatch Aaliyah just died. The biatch is dead, her plane crashed." No lie, that's the closest I came to swingingon a female in my adult life. It really irked me. I turned right around and went home, the night was ruined.

I was never even all that attracted to Aaliyah, though she is definitely beautiful. Moreso, it just bothered me that such a sweet and sincere person died likethat. Kinda felt like losing a friend. RIP
frown.gif

I was beginning my Sophomore Year of college when she died. If she was still with us, she would had been a beautiful singer, and actress.

Her and Dame Dash would had been that couple (before Beyonce and Jay-Z)

Back
Top Bottom