Tomlinson will not be back with San Diego

LT will go down as one of the greats. In his prime you knew you were watching one of those special players. The folks who think otherwise are lying to themselves. Its sad to see him end his career in SD like this but the show must go on. I wish him well wherever he goes. Thanks for all the memories LT
frown.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/PhNhehBHurQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1

ladainian has feasted in the regular season yes, but let's look at his playoff numbers
05: 26 att, 80 yards, 3.1 per, 0 td
07: 23 att, 123 yards, 5.3 per, 2 td
08: 21 att, 42 yards, 2.0 per, 1 td
7 att, 28 yards, 4.0 per, 0 td
2 att, 5 yards, 2.5 per, 0 td
09: 5 att, 25 yards, 2.5 per, 1 td
10: 12 att, 24 yards, 2 per, 0 td

outside of the loss in 07 (turner went 8 yards per carry that game, albeit with very few touches) he might as well be in the mcfarlane packaging. i barely even respect the single season rushing td record, i remember the niners and afc west helping him a lot, and we all know what a good line can do (see: alexander, shaun)

ladainian was a regular season virtuoso, but that's it. when the games were great, he wasn't

great player, put him behind barry, marshall, emmitt as far as who i watched in my lifetime.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

ladainian has feasted in the regular season yes, but let's look at his playoff numbers

outside of the loss in 07 (turner went 8 yards per carry that game, albeit with very few touches) he might as well be in the mcfarlane packaging. i barely even respect the single season rushing td record, i remember the niners and afc west helping him a lot, and we all know what a good line can do (see: alexander, shaun)

ladainian was a regular season virtuoso, but that's it. when the games were great, he wasn't
So you are going to let a few games, most of which he was injured, decide a players worth huh?  Bottom line, there are few running backs that you have seen play that are better than LaDanian Tomlinson was in his prime....if any.

--Saw this one comin from a while back.
--But after the loss to the Jets, it was inevitable.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

In the NFL, to put everything on dude when it is such a team game never makes sense.

Its a damn shame when the NFL and of course the following media outlets
show their true colors.
LT was and is a great player.
Guy really showed sportsmanship in everything he's ever done, and at one
time ESPN couldn't help but make that noticeable every chance they were given.
Now all of a sudden he's supposedly a sour, self-centered senior citizen.
And of course as always most people are perceiving it the way it's reported
not looking at the real situation.

That comment about LT having a short stench at the top was one of the dumbest
things I've heard this year.

And people still wonder why Barry left?
smh.gif

yeh i'm an LT hater ... yeh he is a bum ( meaning not just in between the tackles ) - i.e. wave to you wife / mama ... sitting on the bench w/ the vader mask, rivers playing w/ the acl, crying to the patriots, falling down after 2 yds this season ... BUM

5 season above avg. 4 yds a carry ...
laugh.gif

he had his moments ... [112] but it's over now [/112]

whats up with all this hate for LT. Just a few seasons ago, everyone here was proclaiming him to be one of the greatest backs to play the game.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Ever since this game, it's been downhill for him.

ladainian_tomlinson_crybaby.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i've hated him ever since this @#!% ........dude soft....and the sideline stuff made me dislike him ever more 

It will be a very sad day indeed when LT laces em up for another NFL franchise. 
tired.gif

Much respect for his days in SD. 

Originally Posted by dland24

smh.gif
at anyone using any adjective other than great to describe Tomlinson. For most of you young NTers, he is the best running back you have seen in your lifetime.
this....some these kids dont know that LT was THE running back of the 2000s

now im a big fan of LT i really wish him the best

LT made that franchise relevant in the 2000's. He is the best RB of the last decade, say what you want about his last two years but you can't erase his gaudy numbers. Sad he's going out this way but what has he done in the last two years to warrant the Chargers paying him a ton of money to stay? It's a business decision.

Patchwork offensive line + uninspired run play calling + transition to Air Turner/Rivers - Lorenzo Neal = LT's demise in San Diego.

What he did when he had NOBODY on his team but a bunch of scrubs in the early 2000's in much appreciated, he carried the San Diego Chargers on his back for 3-4 years by himself.

The passing game was inefficient here in SD while Brees initially struggled (in fact Brees was BENCHED)  The only constant was LT.

I do not think I will continue my season ticket patronage.

San Diego sports is a !*&(@(*& joke. 

Originally Posted by DaeWing

whats up with all this hate for LT. Just a few seasons ago, everyone here was proclaiming him to be one of the greatest backs to play the game.

you know how NT do. He prolly a better RB then most of these dudes favorite backs on their squad. I know i would take him over my teams back
laugh.gif
smh.gif

My all time favorite Horned Frog and one of my favorite players to ever play the game.

Originally Posted by GTEK

And people still wonder why Barry left?
smh.gif
To clear this up, the reason Barry left is he didn't get along with the Fords.  He wanted to be traded to be put on a winning team, and they weren't willing to do this for him.  He hung it up because he stuck to his values and didn't want to play for the Lions. 

All you dudes saying LT was the best most have seen in their lifetime, give me a break.  He had that one season where he set the record for rushing td's, beyond that I am not sure what was so special about him.  I guess I am different though, because in my lifetime I have witnessed Barry, Marshall and Emmit, LT doesn't compare to any of them imo.  This dude has fallen off hard, he needs to realize his time is up, go to some more Vizio commercials to make some money and leave the feild for good.  The defining moment was a few years ago in the playoffs when he could have stepped up and played and done something, but he sat on the bench like a little girl and hid behind that mask.  I don't think his teammates want this dude back even, he is a bum and has been for the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

All you dudes saying LT was the best most have seen in their lifetime, give me a break.  He had that one season where he set the record for rushing td's, beyond that I am not sure what was so special about him.  I guess I am different though, because in my lifetime I have witnessed Barry, Marshall and Emmit, LT doesn't compare to any of them imo.  This dude has fallen off hard, he needs to realize his time is up, go to some more Vizio commercials to make some money and leave the feild for good.  The defining moment was a few years ago in the playoffs when he could have stepped up and played and done something, but he sat on the bench like a little girl and hid behind that mask.  I don't think his teammates want this dude back even, he is a bum and has been for the last 2 years.

His "defining moment" was when he was hoisted above his teammates after he scored the record breaking touchdown.

What LT haters keep focusing on is that playoff game with the Patriots.

It is pretty typical of NT though as any star gets labeled however the posters on here want to, regardless of merit.

When all is said and done, LT put up what may be the best overall season ever by a RB in 2006.  With that in mind, and him 8th all time in rushing yards, 2nd in rushing TDs and 3rd in total TDs how could anyone say he is a bum?

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by airblaster503

His "defining moment" was when he was hoisted above his teammates after he scored the record breaking touchdown.

What LT haters keep focusing on is that playoff game with the Patriots.

It is pretty typical of NT though as any star gets labeled however the posters on here want to, regardless of merit.

When all is said and done, LT put up what may be the best overall season ever by a RB in 2006.  With that in mind, and him 8th all time in rushing yards, 2nd in rushing TDs and 3rd in total TDs how could anyone say he is a bum?

That %@$% wasn't a defining moment my dude, that was just a record that was broken.  How are you going to say that was more important than his team winning in the playoffs and going for a title????  He was good, but he folded when it counted, and in a league where it matters not what you did back then but what have you done for me lately, he hasn't done anything the past 2 years = bum.

Back
Top Bottom