Tomlinson will not be back with San Diego

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

When all is said and done, LT put up what may be the best overall season ever by a RB in 2006.  With that in mind, and him 8th all time in rushing yards, 2nd in rushing TDs and 3rd in total TDs how could anyone say he is a bum?
This is 100% true.

I hope none of you took my "Tim Biakabatuka > LT" comment seriously
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
....when dude said "Natrone Means" I couldn't resist
laugh.gif

LaDainian Tomlinson needs to be recognized by everyone for what he did in this decade. We've seen a lot of different RBs pop up and be labeled "the leagues best" from '00-'09, but it seems that Tomlinson was one of the few if not the only one to stay at the very top for almost all of his career. Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes, Ricky Williams, etc. all were at the top of the world during parts of their career(s) and then fell off suddnely, but Tomlinson is the only one that didn't have a sudden drop off. The huge, 300-carry workloads year-after-year finally got to him. Some of you are being wayyyy to hard on the guy.

ladainian-tomlinson-after-record.jpg

3e1264a1a48b05eaedc4b6bff7d533a5a2ddeb06.gif

Originally Posted by Phat

Hmm, Washington a possiblity next season?
nerd.gif
I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
laugh.gif

As long as he doesn't go to New England.   Damn, time flies so fast...
ohwell.gif
   I remember after his rookie season, i thought he'd be another Marion Butts or Natrone Means.  Typical Charger running back who'd have 1 to 2 good years, then become a journeyman soon after.  Glad i was wrong with LT

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

good riddance ... bum
Bums =/= future hall of famers.
indifferent.gif

LT21 is the best player in the history of san diego chargers.
He's always been one of my favorite players and his career is much appreciated.
pimp.gif

T1_0310_LTgross.jpg

Unitas
pimp.gif

LT is very much appreciated, even though I'm not a chargers fan I have always respected the guy. It's disappointing to see him in this situation.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

good riddance ... bum
Bums =/= future hall of famers.
indifferent.gif

LT21 is the best player in the history of san diego chargers.
He's always been one of my favorite players and his career is much appreciated.
pimp.gif

T1_0310_LTgross.jpg

Unitas
pimp.gif

unitas played  only 1 year (4 games) for SD and was 1-3 in his final season

i realize this story is national news now, but if yall were hearing whats going on locally here in SD you would understand that LT being released is inevitable, even if he didnt tell it like it is

SD Franchise is on that huge downward spiral.

weird thing about it is that it still looks like SD will win the AFC west next season

LT's legs are just done, hes took such a beating carrying this team for so long before the rivers era that like dudes have been saying it just took its toll. But I still got love for my dude, wishing him the best with whatever happens. Will always be my favorite player even in retirement. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He can come to Pitt and share duties with Rashard, get that ring.....

Well if he takes a pay cut

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

Oh, man!!
Just because LT didn't rush 1,000 yards doesn't mean SD must release him?
He is still one of the most consistent running backs in the league, if  healthy..
Before Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson, there was LaDanian Tomlinson!!
I mean he was "THE" running back of the NFL.
8 consecutive years of 1,000 rush yds. NFL record 28 rush TD over 100 rush TD in his career, oh and he's only 30 yrs. old
Walter Payton never won a Super Bowl till 31, Michael Jordan won his 1st title at 28, Peyton Manning won his 1st Super Bowl at 31.....
Just because he sturggled last 2 years this doesn't mean it is the end for LT in SD?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Calm down.  Intelligent football fans realize how great he is.  But he IS done in San Diego.  Bottom line.
exactly ... like i said ... i'm just a hater ... a big hater of LT .... but i know my football .... so w/ that being said ... 
He's a bum, he's washed ... dude has no heart ... now he can go make some more glide videos 
laugh.gif

i speak objectively about everyone in the NFL ... except for the PATS - brady sometimes ... and i don't care for Big Ben or LT ... LT and Marvin Harrison are both bums though 

and yall getting bent outta shape over the word bum ... dude was nice ... but it gets kinda old watching the commentators say you can see he's running better after each 2 yard run ... you can tell he's gonna break one soon ... 

maybe he has something in the tank ... i just don't c it

Back
Top Bottom