Tonal

Was wondering if any ofyou guys have it and if so, how good is it?

Can you make gains with it?
tone you?
Etc?
akrales_190523_3437_0113__2_.jpg

Tonal is pretty much the peloton of weightlifting, follows the same marketing, aesthetic and way of of programming training, the machine itself is pretty incredible as you literally can do just about anything with it and saves you time switching weights, resistance taps out at 200lbs but being that is a magnetic resistance mechanism the weight you lift is always fighting you to go back exactly through the same plane of motion making you feel the weight all the way through and not allowing you to use momentum at all like most people do with free weights so in theory those 200lbs will feel more like 250lbs ...new programs are added every month and they even have a huge Facebook community....the price tag at 5k total with a mandatory 2 years sub is a bit steep, but IMO worth it if you want a literal gym and trainer in your house

8C5FD5EC-33EC-4662-86B6-2ADEA4DE6CDE.jpeg

I got to try it out once. It’s cool but I’d rather do things the old school way. Neat to see the progress screen but their music sucks, some techno :lol:

What's the point of having a "home" gym if you have to pay for a subscription for this?

Might as well just get a gym membership and use real free weights.

But aside from that, I can see this catering to a certain demographic.

i guess the point is that you literally don’t have to leave your house at all, depending on how close you are to a gym, that can be anywhere from 20-60 minutes just to get out and go, that can discourage some folks from even getting started, also not my case but people with kids can’t always just up and leave the crib to go work out and other people simply don’t have much spare time period.....you are paying for the convenience and a digital trainer, idk bout you, but I would waste a lot of time in the gym wondering off....I had a hard time focusing unless I have an instructor giving me tasks

Tonal is pretty much the peloton of weightlifting, follows the same marketing, aesthetic and way of of programming training, the machine itself is pretty incredible as you literally can do just about anything with it and saves you time switching weights, resistance taps out at 200lbs but being that is a magnetic resistance mechanism the weight you lift is always fighting you to go back exactly through the same plane of motion making you feel the weight all the way through and not allowing you to use momentum at all like most people do with free weights so in theory those 200lbs will feel more like 250lbs ...new programs are added every month and they even have a huge Facebook community....the price tag at 5k total with a mandatory 2 years sub is a bit steep, but IMO worth it if you want a literal gym and trainer in your house

8C5FD5EC-33EC-4662-86B6-2ADEA4DE6CDE.jpeg
Have you seen any gains? Or have you gotten tone?

rather have a squat rack/bench
it looks cool though

i guess it depends on what type of training you are doing. you can't really bodybuild or powerlift with this.
more for casuals

i guess the point is that you literally don’t have to leave your house at all, depending on how close you are to a gym, that can be anywhere from 20-60 minutes just to get out and go, that can discourage some folks from even getting started, also not my case but people with kids can’t always just up and leave the crib to go work out and other people simply don’t have much spare time period.....you are paying for the convenience and a digital trainer, idk bout you, but I would waste a lot of time in the gym wondering off....I had a hard time focusing unless I have an instructor giving me tasks
I'm the complete opposite. In the gym I could focus like hell since seeing everyone go hard motivates me and there's really nothing to do but work out. But man, there's way too many distractions in my house to just get up a work out with no delay.

This device looks pretty promising for the people would rather stay home, not to mention that it's pretty space saving. It's the subscription b/s that turns me off, especially since the device is already ****ing expensive.

Glad there’s a thread, Im most likely buying one sometime next month. From what I understand its about a two month wait after that but will definitely be checking in with progress. In serious need of strength training again but have no desire to go back to the gym so Im going all in on this.

Update..Just put the order in for mine two weeks ago, have an expected ship date middle of August. Hows the shipping experience for those that have one?

Most people I know that buy gimmicks for the house end up not using them after a while.

If you are very disciplined, go for it but things end up collecting dust for many.

I was just joking about ripping the house down but yeah it isn’t for me.

not gonna knock anyone trying to stay or get in shape though. Whatever works but that’s a lot of bread. My gym was half that and my gym membership isn’t expensive.

Most people I know that buy gimmicks for the house end up not using them after a while.

If you are very disciplined, go for it but things end up collecting dust for many.
We built a home gym
During the whole shutdown. But I agree… it’s too convenient. I never use it. I need to actually get up and go to the gym … not just walk downstairs

I have a home gym that I made during the lockdown.

Not some rinky dink one either. I'm talking great equipment that's better than my gym.

Haven't used it in a while though because I enjoy going to the gym being surrounded by other people.

In no way do I regret buying a home gym though. It's an investment that I'll have for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom