"Too Asian?" LOL @ Canada

here's my main pet peeve. white people are complaining but not forcing their kids hard enough.
and asians are taking away enrollment spots? this is reality, the cream of the crop succeed, not an everyone-wins situation.

Originally Posted by third

they are  mad Asians are styling on them lols
people have the nerve to  speak of everyone having equal opportunity lmao 
i hope asains voice themselves otherwise they are getting their toes stepped on

when have asians ever spoken up
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
im asian and i sometimes i hate it.  other minorities always complain to me about racism they experience or whatever, but whenever i bring something up its just like "nah son thats not true, youre asian."  
30t6p3b.gif
 i know cupertino, cali faced a lot of issues with "white flight" (white families moving out of the city) because their kids couldnt compete with the asian kids academically... but really, i busted my +$$ to get where i am, i dont see why any other race/ethinicity cant do the same.  but to be more on track with the article, i think the fact that some people will choose a college based on where the best party life is really shows where priorities are... its no wonder why asians are dominating certain colleges.  i understand college is an "experience," but cmon. 

Originally Posted by third

they are  mad Asians are styling on them lols
people have the nerve to  speak of everyone having equal opportunity lmao 
i hope asains voice themselves otherwise they are getting their toes stepped on

when have asians ever spoken up
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
im asian and i sometimes i hate it.  other minorities always complain to me about racism they experience or whatever, but whenever i bring something up its just like "nah son thats not true, youre asian."  
30t6p3b.gif
 i know cupertino, cali faced a lot of issues with "white flight" (white families moving out of the city) because their kids couldnt compete with the asian kids academically... but really, i busted my +$$ to get where i am, i dont see why any other race/ethinicity cant do the same.  but to be more on track with the article, i think the fact that some people will choose a college based on where the best party life is really shows where priorities are... its no wonder why asians are dominating certain colleges.  i understand college is an "experience," but cmon. 

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Limit Asian enrollment because of an over population within top universities? Yeah...

It says a lot about Asians that they only make up ~5% of the US population but constitute more than 20% in a lot of the top universities.
pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

class room of smart asian chicks
pimp.gif
For me the problem lies in the fact that many of the Asian students get their education in North America, then go back to China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. to work. Therefore take advantage of the educational system here and then not bring anything to the economy and country where they got their education from. They take their new knowledge to help the advancement of their mother country.
So you have students that live and want to work in North America not being able to get the education they want. While the Asian students get the education and take their knowledge back from work back in Asia. Thats the problem 

brah... i don't know any asian american that does this. it's the asian americans that squeeze out the other kids outta college. you might be talking about international asians, but american students for sure get a priority over those kids. they're studying abroad and who doesn't do that? asian americans are not leaving the usa. I would agree with you if what you said actually happens to a significant degree.

Limit Asian enrollment because of an over population within top universities? Yeah...

It says a lot about Asians that they only make up ~5% of the US population but constitute more than 20% in a lot of the top universities.
pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
For me the problem lies in the fact that many of the Asian students get their education in North America, then go back to China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. to work. Therefore take advantage of the educational system here and then not bring anything to the economy and country where they got their education from. They take their new knowledge to help the advancement of their mother country.
So you have students that live and want to work in North America not being able to get the education they want. While the Asian students get the education and take their knowledge back from work back in Asia. Thats the problem 

brah... i don't know any asian american that does this. it's the asian americans that squeeze out the other kids outta college. you might be talking about international asians, but american students for sure get a priority over those kids. they're studying abroad and who doesn't do that? asian americans are not leaving the usa. I would agree with you if what you said actually happens to a significant degree.

Originally Posted by megachamploo

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

It happens in Canada, so much so that certain programs like medicine no longer allow international students.

Nevertheless, I know of many Asians with Canadian citizenship who have attended university, thus paying subsidized tuition fees, with no intention of staying in Canada...

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

It happens in Canada, so much so that certain programs like medicine no longer allow international students.

Nevertheless, I know of many Asians with Canadian citizenship who have attended university, thus paying subsidized tuition fees, with no intention of staying in Canada...

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Will here in Vancouver its a different story. We have a massive Asian population, especially Chinese. In universities, its not just International Students, but a lot of Chinese students who hold dual citizenship go back. So the number are higher here because its not only the international students doing this, but students that are dual citizens, they too go back and work in Asia.
In Vancouver, the biggest university in western Canada: UBC. Here is their the demo

STUDENTS 
Asians 81% (80% from China, 1% from other East Asian countries) 
White 8% 
Arab 5% (mostly from Saudi Arabia, and some from Iraq and a couple hundred from Concordia) 
Paki 4% (those who were able to escape from the McGill massacre) 
Afghan 1.5% (they came from Afghanistan when UBC signed the Afghan-UBC mutual brothership contract honoring the 467th birthday of the Afghan hero Abdul Hassan Cabbar.)

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now add this to the stament I made above, and you see the trouble. [/font]

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Will here in Vancouver its a different story. We have a massive Asian population, especially Chinese. In universities, its not just International Students, but a lot of Chinese students who hold dual citizenship go back. So the number are higher here because its not only the international students doing this, but students that are dual citizens, they too go back and work in Asia.
In Vancouver, the biggest university in western Canada: UBC. Here is their the demo

STUDENTS 
White 8% 
Arab 5% (mostly from Saudi Arabia, and some from Iraq and a couple hundred from Concordia) 
Afghan 1.5% (they came from Afghanistan when UBC signed the Afghan-UBC mutual brothership contract honoring the 467th birthday of the Afghan hero Abdul Hassan Cabbar.)

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now add this to the stament I made above, and you see the trouble. [/font]

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

STUDENTS 
White 8% 

[/font]

just curious, what % of the chinese population is canadian born?

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

STUDENTS 
White 8% 

[/font]

just curious, what % of the chinese population is canadian born?

Seems like a poor reason to not go to a certain school or why a person was not accepted. The hardest working student gets in.

On another note, Asian international students seem to be more anti-social than other international students like Arabs, Hispanics, Africans, Indians etc. I'm not sure if it is a cultural thing but as far as their work ethic I applaud it.

Seems like a poor reason to not go to a certain school or why a person was not accepted. The hardest working student gets in.

On another note, Asian international students seem to be more anti-social than other international students like Arabs, Hispanics, Africans, Indians etc. I'm not sure if it is a cultural thing but as far as their work ethic I applaud it.

Back
Top Bottom