Took a Random Trip to TORONTO Recently for the First Time (My Pics, a Few Thoughts)

Long story short, I got a call a few weeks back saying I won a contest to go to the Much Music Video Awards (kind of equivalent to the MTV Music Video Awards in Canada). I had entered my name and e-mail randomly just for the heck of it...sure enough they hooked me up with a decent hotel and a flight. 
Never been to Toronto (or any part of Canada), but I've always wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, I had no car and only a few days...so I didn't have too much time to explore outside of the central downtown area. A few general thoughts (Coming from someone who lives in NYC and grew up around Philly):
~CONSTRUCTION...everywhere! Not 100% on the population or the diff demographics, but I was surprised at how much construction there was for residential apartments. Seems like a very up and coming city

~liquor was noticeably more expensive and the abundance of stores was non-existent (at least, where I was)

~females were lovely for the most part 

~I didn't partake, but it seems like the immediate access to Lake Ontario would be cool during the summer..saw a lot of people boating, laying out, etc

~people, in general, were very pretty pleasant and approachable...the city moved a little slower than here in NY

~an abundance of what NYCers would classify as hipsters roaming the areas we were in

~street art/graffiti/the arts seemed to be prevalent around the city

~poutine & gravy seemed to be on every menu

~the area on Queen Street where we were reminded me of South Street in Philly 

~native Canadians didn't seem to be too fond of the Subway system / streetcar/trolly things were everywhere for public transport

~this pizza pizza chain seemed to be the go-to late night food for many...they were all over

~Katy Perry (including her chest) 10 feet away was lovely

~I was too old to be at the Much Music Video Awards

Can't quite put my finger on which city it reminded me of here in the U.S., but I definitely want to go back and I recommend checking it out for anyone interested.

A few pics:

ajkkuv.jpg

35m2xpg.jpg

b7amf9.jpg

2coq1w6.jpg

21kjk8g.jpg

e9ysli.jpg

2vimqzl.jpg

5p9fp.jpg

2u43jv8.jpg

34ep8jl.jpg

23svnk1.jpg

344qbt5.jpg

dhacdx.jpg

dvj1g4.jpg

28mh4ip.jpg

16giyc2.jpg

20fuxyo.jpg

6quqsj.jpg

wbdqgx.jpg

znrn2f.jpg

2ym7nrq.jpg

2194705.jpg

Feel free to look at additional pics from the MMVA's via my photo site

Originally Posted by JD161616

Long story short, I got a call a few weeks back saying I won a contest to go to the Much Music Video Awards (kind of equivalent to the MTV Music Video Awards in Canada). I had entered my name and e-mail randomly just for the heck of it...sure enough they hooked me up with a decent hotel and a flight. 
Never been to Toronto (or any part of Canada), but I've always wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, I had no car and only a few days...so I didn't have too much time to explore outside of the central downtown area. A few general thoughts (Coming from someone who lives in NYC and grew up around Philly):
~CONSTRUCTION...everywhere! Not 100% on the population or the diff demographics, but I was surprised at how much construction there was for residential apartments. Seems like a very up and coming city

~liquor was noticeably more expensive and the abundance of stores was non-existent (at least, where I was)

~females were lovely for the most part 

~I didn't partake, but it seems like the immediate access to Lake Ontario would be cool during the summer..saw a lot of people boating, laying out, etc

~people, in general, were very pretty pleasant and approachable...the city moved a little slower than here in NY

~an abundance of what NYCers would classify as hipsters roaming the areas we were in

~street art/graffiti/the arts seemed to be prevalent around the city

~poutine & gravy seemed to be on every menu

~the area on Queen Street where we were reminded me of South Street in Philly 

~native Canadians didn't seem to be too fond of the Subway system / streetcar/trolly things were everywhere for public transport

~this pizza pizza chain seemed to be the go-to late night food for many...they were all over

~Katy Perry (including her chest) 10 feet away was lovely

~I was too old to be at the Much Music Video Awards
- Not quite sure the exact #s.. but Toronto has the one of the highest number "tall buildings" in North America.  Both under construction and constructed i think.
-Liq is definitely more expensive here than the states... its the TAX
mad.gif

-If you're not a 16yr old highschool girl.. you're too old for the MMVAs
laugh.gif

But glad you had a good time in my city!

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

howd u see katy perry?

she has bad skin complexion, but still a better one.

She performed/appeared a bunch of times at the music event I was at.
@ChaosTheory - Yea, I realized once I was surrounded by a million little girls that my friend and I didn't exactly fit in at the MMVA's. 
laugh.gif
 Can't complain, considering it was free. Got a peek at Perry, Gomez, Shenae Grimes, and others right next to me. A welcome experience considering I'm mostly at hip hop events/shows around NYC...and the demographic isn't favorable when it comes to the ladies with those events.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I feel like I need to move out of the south now. Didn't expect TO to look like that.

Had zero insight to the city before going there. Was pleasantly surprised by just about everything. Was really digging the vibe - from the laid back aura to the people. I love living here in NYC, but if I was starting with a blank slate I would definitely consider spending time there.

I was in Montreal last week, I loved it over there. Toronto is next. I can almost guarantee Montreal women are hotter though.

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

I was in Montreal last week, I loved it over there. Toronto is next. I can almost guarantee Montreal women are hotter though.

I have to co-sign this statement. The girls up in Montreal are on point.

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

After going to both places this year I have to agree.
Pizza Pizza at 2am 
pimp.gif

Liquor in Toronto is still cheaper than Vancouver BC and Montreal 
sick.gif

I've always wanted to try poutine 
frown.gif
.  I'll definitely buy some next time i'm up there.

Glad you enjoyed your trip here bro. 
And please, Montreal women aint seeing Toronto women. We got that ethnic diversity
pimp.gif

glad to see you had a good time. how early did you have to be to get so close to katy?

Just came here to post a
pimp.gif

but seriously apartment building construction here is just too much

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Glad you enjoyed your trip here bro. 
And please, Montreal women aint seeing Toronto women. We got that ethnic diversity
pimp.gif

I need to make my way up there soon....preferably during Caribana.

just post katy and the girl stars. SMH @ beiber pics. also, smh at all the other stuff. nah. jkk
more perry NOW

Great pics
pimp.gif
.  Toronto is definitely a nice city.  Seems like there's always construction, I was there about 4-5 years ago and it looks like nothing changed
laugh.gif
.  Next time I go to Canada, I'll probably visit Montreal.  Haven't been since the Expos were there
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom