Top 5 Dead Or Alive??... These Guys HAVE To Be...

NO Order
Notorious+BIG+King+of+NY.jpg
rakim_01.jpg

nas%5B1%5D.jpg
2pac_large.jpg

Stedman_Graham.jpg

Spoiler [+]
IN Order

NaS
BIG
Jay Z
Rakim
2Pac

Discuss...

This what N's do when theres no new music huh?
*gets off the stoop & goes back inside*

This what N's do when theres no new music huh?
*gets off the stoop & goes back inside*

I would agree in terms of relevance, originality, impact, ability, message that's a pretty standard top 5...Those definitely aren't neccesarily my top 5 favorite MC's are mot listened too, but in terms of greatness i would agree with that list.  The order is just semantics, I personally would put:

1. Big
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. 2pac
5. Jay

But to play Devil's advocate here are some others I think an argument could be made for:
qtip.jpg

ice-cube.jpg

rapper-scarface.jpg

chuck_d.jpg

04_ghostface_lgl.jpg

andre3000pinkshirt.jpg

CeeLo.gif

common-5.jpg

eminem.jpg

big-daddy-kane-ringtones.jpg

Old-school-LL.jpg

I would agree in terms of relevance, originality, impact, ability, message that's a pretty standard top 5...Those definitely aren't neccesarily my top 5 favorite MC's are mot listened too, but in terms of greatness i would agree with that list.  The order is just semantics, I personally would put:

1. Big
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. 2pac
5. Jay

But to play Devil's advocate here are some others I think an argument could be made for:
qtip.jpg

ice-cube.jpg

rapper-scarface.jpg

chuck_d.jpg

04_ghostface_lgl.jpg

andre3000pinkshirt.jpg

CeeLo.gif

common-5.jpg

eminem.jpg

big-daddy-kane-ringtones.jpg

Old-school-LL.jpg

You can make a argument for Nas,Rakim,.Big, & Pac for a top 5(even through mine may be different)

But for Stedman nah, replace with....

41SX85BJZGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can make a argument for Nas,Rakim,.Big, & Pac for a top 5(even through mine may be different)

But for Stedman nah, replace with....

41SX85BJZGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BIG
Pac
Rakim
Jay
Nas
Em
Ghostface
Ice Cube
Scarface
Redman
Dre 3000

All eligible candidates.

BIG
Pac
Rakim
Jay
Nas
Em
Ghostface
Ice Cube
Scarface
Redman
Dre 3000

All eligible candidates.

From Criminal Minded up until his 1995 self titled album thats a 7 album run with no wack material. KRS-one just needs some producton, lyrically he never fell off,he need to upgrade his flow a little

i can't say the same for Stedman

The blueprint was the last album i liked by duke

From Criminal Minded up until his 1995 self titled album thats a 7 album run with no wack material. KRS-one just needs some producton, lyrically he never fell off,he need to upgrade his flow a little

i can't say the same for Stedman

The blueprint was the last album i liked by duke

My List:
1. Jay
2. Pac
3. Big (he is more of a what if, We can tell he is one of the best to do it off of what we got.. But the sample size is the problem...where as Pac had so much more Material to judge.. BIG would probably be #1 or easily #2 if he had been able to have a few more albums)
4. Nas
5. Rakim

On some of the Devil's Advocate choices:
KRS-One basically went from arguable top 5 and he fell pretty far back the new millennium has not been kind to that man... Common is a great rapper but not good enough for top 5 or close for that matter... LL Cool J is a person who I think gets downgraded (deservedly so) because of everything after G.O.A.T. (DEFinition had some real LL stuff tho) if LL called it a career with G.O.A.T. (would have been a fitting way to go out) he would be much higher than what people put him at now.

My List:
1. Jay
2. Pac
3. Big (he is more of a what if, We can tell he is one of the best to do it off of what we got.. But the sample size is the problem...where as Pac had so much more Material to judge.. BIG would probably be #1 or easily #2 if he had been able to have a few more albums)
4. Nas
5. Rakim

On some of the Devil's Advocate choices:
KRS-One basically went from arguable top 5 and he fell pretty far back the new millennium has not been kind to that man... Common is a great rapper but not good enough for top 5 or close for that matter... LL Cool J is a person who I think gets downgraded (deservedly so) because of everything after G.O.A.T. (DEFinition had some real LL stuff tho) if LL called it a career with G.O.A.T. (would have been a fitting way to go out) he would be much higher than what people put him at now.

If I have to pick a top 5 in order...

1. Pac- The complete package(songs, content, catalog, etc.)
2. Nas- Pac beats him by a hair because of the hit-making ability
3. BIG- Probably be higher if the catalog was deeper
4. Jay- Lacks a consistent amount of depth in lyrics, BP3 basically cemented that
5. Eminem- Off of pure ability, he could have been a lot better than he was though

Back
Top Bottom