Top 5 Violent Cities of 2012 vol. Home, Sweet Home

Originally Posted by penalize

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn Detroit got 344 Murders ....

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll never go there.

700k population.

Boston got 600k population and got only 62 Murders in 2011.

RIP to Detroit NT'ers.

i f'n knew it
30t6p3b.gif
always had a feeling boston wasn't hard like that. i go up there every few weeks and always felt like it is calm. hardly ever see police activity. all they do up there is construction detail. bum #$! cops.

"hard like that"....$%+ is that supposed to mean....dumb killings doesnt make a city "hard like that"....yall need to wake up and grow up...

QFT
murders are nothing to glorify

Welp, I'm never going to Detroit... but then again, I'm from Oakland.

I didn't think Oakland was that bad anymore. I've lived here all my life (Except my time in college, but I was only in Berkeley) -> http://travel.nytimes.com...2012.html?pagewanted=all

5. Oakland, Calif.
New restaurants and bars beckon amid the grit.

Tensions have cooled since violence erupted at the recent Occupy Oakland protests, but the city’s revitalized night-life scene has continued to smolder.

The historic Fox Theater reopened in 2009 and quickly cemented its status as one of the Bay Area’s top music venues, drawing acts like Wilco and the Decemberists. Meanwhile, the city’s ever more sophisticated restaurants are now being joined by upscale cocktail bars, turning once-gritty Oakland into an increasingly appealing place to be after dark. James Syhabout, the chef who earned Oakland its first (and only) Michelin star two years ago at Commis, followed up in May with the instant-hit Hawker Fare, a casual spot serving Asian street food. Big-name San Francisco chefs are now joining him. Daniel Patterson (of two-Michelin-star Coi) opened the restaurant Plum in late 2010 and an adjacent cocktail bar later, and another restaurant, called Haven, in the recently renovated Jack London Square last month. INGRID K. WILLIAMS

It is wild out here in Memphis but it's stupid wild in St.louis my kinfolk be on some hot #$%! out there.

4. Oakland, Calif.
Violent crimes per 1,000 16.8
Population 395,317
2011 murders 104
Median income $49,190
Unemployment rate 15.6%

Oakland historically has been among the most crime-ridden cities in California, with a violent crime rate this year of 16.8 per 1,000 people. There were 14 more murders in 2011 than in 2010, causing Oakland to maintain the ninth-highest murder rate in the country two years in a row. Oakland is the number one city for both robbery and motor vehicle theft rates in the country. Oakland city councilmember Desley Brooks, who wants to allocate $11 million in revenue to the police force, acknowledges the increased violent crime, saying, “we cannot ignore that we have had an increase in violent crime, and so we cannot continue to do the same thing the same way and expect that it’s going to be a different result.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn Detroit got 344 Murders ....

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll never go there.

700k population.

Boston got 600k population and got only 62 Murders in 2011.

RIP to Detroit NT'ers.
Man, i honestly think most murders are from illegal activities, all the people i know (i live in Detroit) who've died were all involved in something illegal, theres an occasional innocent life taken but not any more than any other place i dont think

lmao at people saying "I'm never going to Detroit", what city other than Chicago in the midwest have any of you guys thought about visiting? let alone MI? 

like i said tho, Detroit has a very bad rap but in all seriousness its not that bad (frequent traveller)

Originally Posted by Mister916

I'm surprised Stockton, CA isn't on there.
Stockton is number 10.

Whenever I see these list, it just makes me think that some of the thought of cesspools around the country simply can't be that bad.

Just Oakland without the thousands of positives.

Probably going to move to Oakland in a year or 2. Im about 25min from there now.  Doesnt seem that dangerous to me. Too me North Richmond seems way more grimey.

Oakland isn't really as bad as people make it out to be. Of course if you hang out in East Oakland you'll be putting yourself at risk, but if you're in the Oakland Hills it's one of the nicest areas in California.

Originally Posted by SFC415

Oakland isn't really as bad as people make it out to be. Of course if you hang out in East Oakland you'll be putting yourself at risk, but if you're in the Oakland Hills it's one of the nicest areas in California.
Ain't nothin' but houses in the hills tho.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

It's a typical nice suburban area with nice houses and plazas. Perfect place to live even though it might be a little boring. 

Originally Posted by wcghost

4. Oakland, Calif.
Violent crimes per 1,000 16.8
Population 395,317
2011 murders 104
Median income $49,190
Unemployment rate 15.6%

Oakland historically has been among the most crime-ridden cities in California, with a violent crime rate this year of 16.8 per 1,000 people. There were 14 more murders in 2011 than in 2010, causing Oakland to maintain the ninth-highest murder rate in the country two years in a row. Oakland is the number one city for both robbery and motor vehicle theft rates in the country. Oakland city councilmember Desley Brooks, who wants to allocate $11 million in revenue to the police force, acknowledges the increased violent crime, saying, “we cannot ignore that we have had an increase in violent crime, and so we cannot continue to do the same thing the same way and expect that it’s going to be a different result.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

SFC415's statement should read, if you're hanging out in East or West Oakland in the wee hours of the morning, you'll be putting yourself at risk.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I never even knew AR got down like that until I went to college up there, coooot damn
30t6p3b.gif
You never seen "Bangin in Litte Rock"?
I saw that while I was up there in 06. Before then i that AR was purely a country state, but that's definitely only certain areas

Little Rock used to be hardcore in the early 90's. Still got some really rough neighborhoods that's for sure. 

Back
Top Bottom