Top 50 Soccer players in the world Vol. Donovan over Ronaldihno?

im sorry but wayne rooney is 24 years old
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i seriously thought dude was at the very least in his 30's WOW

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

im sorry but wayne rooney is 24 years old
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i seriously thought dude was at the very least in his 30's WOW
I thought the exact same thing.

How is Tevez doing with his new club? Haven't been able to follow anything
tired.gif

How is De Rossi going to be #46 behind Pique and Mascherano? He is one of the most vital parts of that Italy squad and he's definitely top 30 at least. Second best defensive mid in the world behind Essien.

ha wayne seems so old cause of his hair/the fact that he has been a first teamer since he was 16 at everton. he is so raw right now, best player in the world at the moment imo.

I totally agree with the rest of y'all that Roon is ranked too high on that list for that fact that he's English (english players/team are the most hyped up players on the planet!) and plays for United. Rooney is balling but he shouldn't be that high up on the list. Top 10 for sure if he can keep up his form till June, we all know he disappears or get injured (touch wood, never like to watch a player get hurt but his track record isn't looking good) for the big game. Despite all that, with his current form he'll probably be englands single most important player.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

ha wayne seems so old cause of his hair/the fact that he has been a first teamer since he was 16 at everton. he is so raw right now, best player in the world at the moment imo.

He looks old because even at 16, he looked damn near 30.
laugh.gif

LOLOLOL anyone noticed that they used:
-Lahm's picture for Yaya Toure
- De Rossi's picture as Lahm?!
- A. Cole's pic for Gourcuff
- Gourcuff as De Rossi
- no picture found for Toure LOLOLOL

Originally Posted by wttm

LOLOLOL anyone noticed that they used:

-Lahm's picture for Yaya Toure

- De Rossi's picture as Lahm?!

- A. Cole's pic for Gourcuff

- Gourcuff as De Rossi

- no picture found for Toure LOLOLOL

Whatchu cheefin on?

Change the title of the thread. Those aren't the top 50 players in the world, but the top 50 in the World Cup. I'm guessing they left out Ronaldinho because he didn't play for the Brazilian national team for a while, so it's not certain whether he'll be in the WC. Also, did I not see Pato on the list or are my eyes kidding me?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Change the title of the thread. Those aren't the top 50 players in the world, but the top 50 in the World Cup. I'm guessing they left out Ronaldinho because he didn't play for the Brazilian national team for a while, so it's not certain whether he'll be in the WC. Also, did I not see Pato on the list or are my eyes kidding me?

Pato is not there for the same reason Dinho isnt there. He isnt at all guaranteed to make it, and these latest injuries definitely don't help. I don't really understand Pato's form with the selecao, cause he is so raw for Milan. 

laugh.gif

Aged 17
1748670-thumb.jpg

Aged 24

Wayne-Rooney--001.jpg

But anyway, I don't watch enough LaLiga or Serie A to comment on some of the other players, but despite being a Rooney fan, I was a bit surprised at him being #3... but I guess thats just due to his current form.  

ESPN just had to stick Donovan in the top 50. 
eyes.gif

Yep, no guarantees that Ronaldinho will even be in South Africa this summer... 

Rooney is a little too high but he's definitely top 10 and I personally hate him
laugh.gif

100 days till the World Cup
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont understand why people are saying rooney is too high? he is unstoppable right now. i know the english media ALWAYS overrates the team/its players but dude is ballin out of control right now. he is scoring at a ridiculous rate and if he plays for the national team like he has been for united...well, watch out.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Pato is not there for the same reason Dinho isnt there. He isnt at all guaranteed to make it, and these latest injuries definitely don't help. I don't really understand Pato's form with the selecao, cause he is so raw for Milan. 

Wasn't Pato the model for the 2010 World Cup jerseys? I think he's on the roster.

Seeing this list, regardless of where those players were placed, reminded me how absolutely filthy Spain is.

Rooney.....
pimp.gif

I have been watching soccer for awhile now but I need to be infomed on "transfers".  Reading through that list it says Player X was sold to Team Y for $70 million.  That isnt the player's salary, correct?  Rather Team Y is simply purchasing that player for that amount?

^ My understanding is that they're merely paying that amount of money for the rights to sign that player. So Man U got that $130 million from Real Madrid, but Real still had to pay Ronaldo whatever was due on his contract

And if this is as of RIGHT NOW, I'll say Rooney is as good or better than Ronaldo or Messi.

Originally Posted by parada45

Yo how do Ronaldinho fall of so hard?

Can someone fill me in?
It seemed that at some point he stopped taking care of his body and gained a lot of weight, leading to a decrease in form and fitness. Sometimes last year he looked like he was just standing in the same 10-yard circle on the field the whole game. He played a great game last week in the Champions League, though. 

Ronaldinho will never be what he was again, but it's nice to see that he bounced back from the slump he had about 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Can someone fill me in?
It seemed that at some point he stopped taking care of his body and gained a lot of weight, leading to a decrease in form and fitness. Sometimes last year he looked like he was just standing in the same 10-yard circle on the field the whole game. He played a great game last week in the Champions League, though. 
Thanks dude

Man he was a beast in the 98 and 02 World Cups

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Can someone fill me in?
Thanks dude

Man he was a beast in the 98 and 02 World Cups

He didn't play in the 98 world cup but he did play really good in 2002 along with Rivaldo and Ronaldo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom