--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

Decent episode....the only part that had me ROFLing was Jeremy's handbrake log. That wraps up a pretty good 19th season.

What'll they have in store for us in season 20 (next season starts in the summer). I wonder which hypercar they'll review next. I have my fingers crossed for the Koenigsegg Agera R.

log breaking the window
chair falling and some dude jacking it
and the damb car sinking

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the subaru performed the best though

Good entertaining episode. That "source" was rather astonishing. :lol: I thought it would be larger than that hole in the ground.

That final stretch of road until the end, though. :x

The credits and the toilet seat hood scoop (and subsequent queue for the morning dump thereafter) :lol:

Last edited:
^ you don't actually think that James May actually found the source of the Nile do you? The source which had evaded the worlds greatest explorers - and that Jeremy Clarkson found on a map in a few minutes?

^ you don't actually think that James May actually found the source of the Nile do you? The source which had evaded the worlds greatest explorers - and that Jeremy Clarkson found on a map in a few minutes?

Of course, not. But they could've found something that at least resembles some sort of small pond... not a small puddle in between a couple of rocks. :lol:

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS  

The credits and the toilet seat hood scoop (and subsequent queue for the morning dump thereafter)
laugh.gif
Heh.

Always good for a juvenile chuckle. 

But really, Hammond really knew how to do those repairs? I wonder what kind of a team they bring along. They'd have to plan for everything.

they went through south america with cheap 4x4 and that was a good episode..

The Bolivia special involved driving through rain forests, deserts and volcanoes - most of the roads in this Africa special were built by the Chinese - they would have drove through the "offroad" bits in cheap jeeps with no pobs. They seemed to create a lot of the "problems" in this one.

Top gear US episode with the the cheap 4X4s was a better attempt at killing old trucks going across Alaska.

this africa special had me in tears. been watching all of s19 so far, so i decided to hop on the top gear wagon and watch older eps on netflix. show is amazing im so late. the specials are funny as ****.

easily one of the best shows ive ever seen. even the 60min special on top gear was interesting :pimp:

Heh.
Always good for a juvenile chuckle. 

But really, Hammond really knew how to do those repairs? I wonder what kind of a team they bring along. They'd have to plan for everything.

That's what I was thinking. Their crew must have everything from spare tires/rims to a welding kit and spare parts. Jeremy went through 2 or 3 tires alone.

this africa special had me in tears. been watching all of s19 so far, so i decided to hop on the top gear wagon and watch older eps on netflix. show is amazing im so late. the specials are funny as ****.

easily one of the best shows ive ever seen. even the 60min special on top gear was interesting :pimp:

If you haven't already, watch the US special from season 9 and Botswana special from season 10. I'm sure you'll be dying on the floor from laughter. :lol:

Waited 2 wks so I could watch both ep's together. Loved it! 

James May FTW! 

Last edited:

easily one of the best shows ive ever seen. even the 60min special on top gear was interesting
pimp.gif
If you haven't already, watch the US special from season 9 and Botswana special from season 10. I'm sure you'll be dying on the floor from laughter.
laugh.gif
The US one was absolutely hilarious.  Also check out the polar-special... I enjoyed that one too...

Waited 2 wks so I could watch both ep's together. Loved it! 

Same here. Awesome special as always

That raft they used to cross the river was amazing. I really thought James' Volvo was going to end up in the water because of Jeremy.

That BMW surprised me at the end..cant believe it survived those roads.

My favorite top gear roadtrips

1. Vietnam
2. Iraq
3. Nile river
4. Botswana
5. Bolivia

ive watched all the specials except the US one. this is easily one of my all time fav shows. and i have a ton of eps to watch still.

everytime i see a wild adventure, and i look at clarkson im like how does this dude do it. he doesn't look physically capable.

all their engine knowledge and fix it skills :x

if you haven't seen it...

SOme spoilers from next season.

Everything You Need To Know About Top Gear Season 20
Jalopnik got a hold of some juicy details on Top Gear's next season and lemme just tell ya: it's gonna be awesome. There will be yacht races, taxi races, a new reasonably priced car, and tons of supercars all premiering on June 30th. P

RELATED

Top Gear Filming Its 'Most Ambitious Shoot Yet'
The new season of Top Gear (UK) begins its 20th series (or season, as we Yanks call it) next week, but that hasn't stopped plenty of leaks about … Read…
Here are some highlights of next season, courtesy of our secret source... Topgear.com. Warning, spoilers ahead.P

In typical Top Gear fashion, the three geniuses decide to show off Britain's economic superiority over another nation. Britain ain't doin' so hot financially, but Spain's way worse off. To make themselves feel better, the guys take a couple of expensive supercars to visit their Iberian friends.
SEXPAND
P
Richard Hammond hoons the crap out of a bunch of taxis to see which is best.
SEXPAND
P
Jeremy drives a BAC Mono. Yea, that's the 280 horsepower Formula 3-inspired rocket we showed you a while back. I'm curious to see if his face will blow off his head.
SEXPAND
P
Top Gear knows what its viewers want. They know we dig races between cars and other modes of transportation. Not to disappoint, the Brits are headed to New Zealand to give us a race between a rally car and an America's Cup Yacht. This should be entertaining. Word on the street is they're already pissing off the locals.
SEXPAND
P
The Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series is an incredible car. With a 622 horsepower V8 under the expansive hood, the thing is both fast and beautiful. The Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive is just as beautiful and, with 740 horsepower, even more powerful. But how will the heavier electric SLS handle when pitted against its gasoline-powered brother? We'll find out when Jeremy hoons them in a comparison test.
SEXPAND
P
Jeremy and James decide to figure out what the hell a "crossover" is. They hook up trailers to some of the world's most popular crossovers and quality informative television ensues (read: mayhem).
SEXPAND
P
The boys try to engineer a vehicle capable of taking on the world's worst floods. Using hovercraft technology, they hope to finally build something that isn't complete garbage. Based on their past engineering feats, this oughta be good.
SEXPAND
P
Our American brother Richard Hammond conducts a hot-hatch comparison between three of the quickest hatchbacks on the market. P
Jeremy, Richard, and James are proud of the British car industry. Sure, there's not much left of it, but what is left is pretty awesome. To prove this point, Jeremy tests the beautiful new Jaguar F-Type, Richard drives the new Range Rover Sport, and James drives the new Bus For London. James definitely drew the short straw, but I'm sure his review will be highly entertaining. Either that, or overly technical and boring. We'll see.
SEXPAND
P
Mr. Clarkson takes us to Scottland in a brand new 730 horsepower Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
SEXPAND
P
Top Gear will present us with the new reasonably priced car. We'll see if any of you were able to guess right. To celebrate the new reasonably priced car, the guys at Top Gear decide to host a barbecue. - via Jalopnik.com

I thought they were gonna air it in the UK and US concurrently?  Oh well, I can't wait another week anyway...

Back
Top Bottom