--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

The last part of segment 6 was hilarious. Had me :rofl: when Jeremy found out that James used part of his door for front bumper lol.

^ Yeah, practically no problem.

All the Jezza jokes :lol:

that amount of traffic was just :wow: :x :smh: :stoneface: >: Insane amount of road humps, too!

Last edited:
The last part of segment 6 was hilarious. Had me :rofl: when Jeremy found out that James used part of his door for front bumper lol.

he didnt even notice til way later too :rofl:

:x dudes getting stuck in that traffic til morning :rofl:

:lol: when hammond got set up in the mud wrx was beastinnn though :smokin

Last edited:
850R 
smokin.gif
  I've always liked that car.

I can't imagine how tough it was filming those specials.  
eek.gif

best eps so far. MAD funny. makes me damn proud to own a WRX, car was chillin on them ugandan roads. i can't believe the modifications tho. hammond turned his X into a hotel lol.

can't wait for part 2.

I would have gone for the subaru forester for that extra bit of clearance, or the first gen Audi allroad quattro for the task in hand.

Last edited:
Finally was able to watch it, and I feel it was the best top gear episode in the last few years. I liked how they admitted that the India special wasn't that great and I feel they learned from it when making this special.

Browsing some old Top Gear videos, and I came across this one: Bond's 50th Anniversary Special. Didn't know they actually acknowledged Ben Collins as their former Stig quite openly. Even had an "I am the Stig" shirt on. :lol:

^the task was supposed to be done with estate cars, though.

Forester Estate/Allroad estate they are fundamentally the same car - station wagons on stilts even the volvo Cross Country XC... they are just as big as the Impreza "estate" in some markets the Porsche Cayenne is considered an "estate" lets not get hung up the the "definition" estate cus the FACT is the Forester or Allroad can be got for the same money, carry's just as much in the back and would be better for the job with more ground clearance - the Forester even has the same engine as the Impreza.

It prob wouldnt make for good television if the 3 of them got cheap 4X4s and went through Africa without a hitch, (even with the right tyres these cars could have dealt with the conditions much better) the fact that they kill hammonds 4wd impretza proves that the show is more about entertainment than a factual car show these days.

^ Well, yes. The car choice is forced more for entertainment than anything. One wouldn't think estate cars are a logical choice when you go around in the remote places of Africa. It really doesn't make sense. Even that "presidential convoy" in Uganda (?) was using Land Cruisers. :lol: They all might as well get old used Range Rovers or Defenders (if you can get that for £1,500).

Always thought the cars you mentioned were considered as Crossover vehicles -road cars with increased ground clearance, but have the same general platform. :nerd:

Finally was able to watch it, and I feel it was the best top gear episode in the last few years. I liked how they admitted that the India special wasn't that great and I feel they learned from it when making this special.

That India special was God awful.

It seems like everytime Top Gear does an episode in Africa it's sensational! Is anyone able to recall the Botswana special (horse's head, James's tent, night time, hippos, ended up being Richard's tent :rofl: :rofl:)?! I doubt this Nile River episode will top that one but it's shaping up to be a Top Gear special to remember!

It prob wouldnt make for good television if the 3 of them got cheap 4X4s and went through Africa without a hitch, (even with the right tyres these cars could have dealt with the conditions much better) the fact that they kill hammonds 4wd impretza proves that the show is more about entertainment than a factual car show these days.

Definitely - and you know something's going to happen this week that will make Hammond's choice wrong - they'll have to carry a piano or something.

The Impreza is called a 'sport hatch' or something rather than a proper estate - although it sort of meets the criteria.

Last edited:

That India special was God awful.

It seems like everytime Top Gear does an episode in Africa it's sensational! Is anyone able to recall the Botswana special (horse's head, James's tent, night time, hippos, ended up being Richard's tent :rofl: :rofl:)?! I doubt this Nile River episode will top that one but it's shaping up to be a Top Gear special to remember!

"Wait a minute......this is MY TENT!!!"

:rofl:

^the task was supposed to be done with estate cars, though.

Forester Estate/Allroad estate they are fundamentally the same car - station wagons on stilts even the volvo Cross Country XC... they are just as big as the Impreza "estate" in some markets the Porsche Cayenne is considered an "estate" lets not get hung up the the "definition" estate cus the FACT is the Forester or Allroad can be got for the same money, carry's just as much in the back and would be better for the job with more ground clearance - the Forester even has the same engine as the Impreza.

they went through south america with cheap 4x4 and that was a good episode..

Back
Top Bottom