TOP TEN SNEAKERS OF ALL TIME IN THE AREA

I need help with the top ten sneakers(most popular)of all time in the area.
I got the foamposite,flighposite, goadome, nb992 but thats about it.
Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Not ure if this shoe is timeless for the area but the Nike Air Max 95' is my favorite shoe of all time. In the 757 I recall the NB 574's being thatshoe also along with the 6" Wheat Timbs 10061's (if you are on your Timbo game).

What time period jo?

IN D.C...

If you looking at mid 80s, "Ellesse," Reebok Classics, and K-Swiss couldn't be stopped every summer.

Now? Old heads and those still wanting to "keep D.C." still in Foams/Flights/Js/Nike Boots, while others do the skateboard and parasuco jean thingout of nowhere.

Either way, give me an era, and I have pictures to back up my claims.

Word to the C-Class Benz spray painted backdrop pictures on Benning Road and Columbia Road for $5 each.
laugh.gif

Timeframe would help honestly...

BUT...Here goes:

Asic Tiger.

New Balance 996.

Reebok Classics.

K-Swiss Classic (All White).

Avia (All White).

Jordans (Signature)

flash back...

white/ electric orange Etonic's

Reebok pump w/compressed air container

Adidas Shelltoe's and hi-top Pro model's

Most of yall had a head start on me.

I guess the timeframe would be from the early nineties to now. Which Jordans would you guys say has been the most popular?

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Dioboras??

do you mean diadora(s)? those were pretty popular, but they weren't that popular. they were big during the fila/bjorn borg era, when racquet& jog was around, but that was about it.

my votes are as follows (in no particular order, except for the gucci's
wink.gif
):

1. gucci (hi's and lows)

2. ellesse (all white lows w/the half tennis ball on the back)

3. new balance (1300's, 996's and 574's)

4. reebok classic running (all white and black)

5. adidas stan smth (EVERYONE had a pair in the summer)

6. fila tennis classics (the cream joints that were made in italy)

7. k-swiss (all white & the all white w/colored stripes) (remember when the all white hi's came out?! everyone went to that spot downtown to cop. forgot the name of it. the one that had all the shoes wrapped in plastic.)

8. jordan's. - i don't remember dudes being all hyped on the jordan 1's when they came out in '85, however, when the jordan 2's dropped(made in italy), there was a frenzy!

9. air force 1's

10. ok, hear me out on this one. i'm going to need everyone 30 and over to back me up on this, because it's the honest to GOD truth. i'm nottrying to lead anyone on the board astray, but does ANYONE remember when every dude in DC wore la gear high tops with multi-color shoe strings and slouchsocks??? i'm serious. yes, DC dudes wore la gear sneakers of various colors.

this was widely popular for at least a year. EVERYONE at the go-go had a pair. blue & white, red & white, and they all came with two sets of laces(nike sb did not pioneer this movement!). most people put BOTH in. top it off with a pair of slouch socks and a champion sweatshirt and you were doing it! there were even a select few dudes that managed to get their hands on the black leather ones w/gold buckles. those were the michael jackson signature lagears. yes, THAT michael jackson.
roll.gif

i know only a select few are going to co-sign on that last one, but it's true....

StereoFaith...you talking my language man! you left two pairs out...yellow tigers & off white prince's...good job though...I always look at those oldGucci's in Prince & Princess and only daydream about the good old days!

Originally Posted by 202sFINEST

StereoFaith...you talking my language man! you left two pairs out...yellow tigers & off white prince's...good job though...I always look at those old Gucci's in Prince & Princess and only daydream about the good old days!

you're right. the tiger epirus is what you're referring to. i had two pairs of those. copped both at moss brown (r.i.p.) on wisconsin avenue. those prince's were hot too. one thing's for sure, you couldn't keep 'em clean for more than a week. that nubuck was ridiculous. i couldnever figure out exactly what color they were. they had some sort of light green hue. am i right? they were sick, nonetheless.

as for the dude that posted those avia's! that's what's up. i cut the grass in those all the way up until at least two years ago. it's funnyhow a shoe like that was so popular. remember the reebok exo-fits for men (black)? why in the world were we sporting aerobic workout shoes. don't evenget me started on when landover dropped the red ones....jeezus....

what's popping eyes of hazel?

Avias. Wow. I remember in elementary school the guys would draw pictures of people wearing Avia outfits. lol

Who remembers the adidas response boot, with the seperate sock.......

Of course J's, but Jordans didn't really sell like that. I can remember buying My Laneys and all White V's with the 23 for like $70.

New balance 996's, 574's, 1300's.

All the Griffey's. Griffey II's were my fav.

Filas, Grant Hills, those were big in NOVA

Super Timb's, The Polo Boots with the strap...... I can go on and on

Stereofaith KILLED it ... and I cosign on the Gucci's being the bomb but what about these joints!!

MCM's before Adidas went and put their hands on them

cf0251d48b72c78806f965fa7634b5bb0fdb942_t.gif

a5a15c417d7c0d99b5f2d7b236458cd26e3d074_t.gif

And who here remembers when Four Dude's (many of you youngin's won't know about them) use to carry Bold!'s ????
They looked like Reebok Revenge's in better colors!

the first ewing adidas attitude hi with the 3 different color strings hit pretty hard here when they first dropped....and them joints were SUPER hi topstoo...lol

but thos avias were definitely on a lot of feet.....

EOH, thanks for the info I am going to make that move fast.
Who remember the canvas Polo boots with the buckled strap and thick rubber sole. They had the highs and lo and they came in black and brown.
Cmoneymontana are those the polo boots you are reffering to?

here go afew: foams, air bakins, 991's, 992's, 2000's, nike boots, lebrons....

air force one's and air max 95's are not big in the DC area.

Anybody but Stereofaith and Toweh can stop posting now. Game over. Post shutdown.

Faith, I remember 91 when bammas up Potomac and Ballou were wearing the Michael Jackson LA Gears. W/ the Slouch socks. And Umbro soccor shorts.
laugh.gif

Man, even the Saucony's got love. 1500's, 1600's, hell any New Balance. Creme Reebok Phase I's. Le Coq Sportiff Yannick Noah's w/ thematching "Referree" Sportiff sweatsuit. Sergio Tachini sweats are back in Shoe City.

I remember having my man's Gucci's when he got a small scuff on'em, he'd hand right down to lil O Diddy to wear to the Go-Go's. Hell, Iused to skate Gucci Hi's in Bishop McNamara before I started skating in Air Assaults.(Moms wouldn't buy me Vision Streetwear form Melwood skate shop,go figure......).

Gotdamn, This post got me to post as I'm supposed to be studying.

I digress..........

Back to the shadows

Ya'll are going waaayyyy back. ima go ahead from my era:

Bakins
Foams
terra ACG's(humara, sertig, etc)
flights
Pennys
Griffs 1,2
Pippens
Air Raids
New Balance