TORONTO, Canada

Originally Posted by kings castle

I moved from NYC to toronto last year. Lived there for about a year with my dad, and theres not really much difference between the two cities if that helps any. It is pretty damn expensive. Im in school right now and on average the gov. takes about 43-53% of dat paycheck. soo ur really not even gonna be making much guap, not even enough to get by and not nearly enough to make u wanna buy a pair of kicks. Im just speaking from hear-say and what Ive learned in economics. Ive only had one job for a couple months and since im in school they only took about 100 off my paychecks.

Since you don't know anybody it might not be the wisest thing to just ship yourself out here expecting great things. Not a bad place to live tho I liked it, but I moved to Ottawa just a few months ago.

This is the most wrong thing I've read today.....gov't usually hits you for around 25-30% of your check which goes to health insurance and other things that help the city/country run.  I've lived in a few US cities and there wasn't a HUGE difference in the amount of tax and benefits being taken out

To live in Toronto, you have to connect with the right people and you can move up that ladder rather quickly. Like anywhere, it depends on how much you want it. Great city, we have some of the best nightlife I've ever seen and our women are top 5 in North America

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

I moved from NYC to toronto last year. Lived there for about a year with my dad, and theres not really much difference between the two cities if that helps any. It is pretty damn expensive. Im in school right now and on average the gov. takes about 43-53% of dat paycheck. soo ur really not even gonna be making much guap, not even enough to get by and not nearly enough to make u wanna buy a pair of kicks. Im just speaking from hear-say and what Ive learned in economics. Ive only had one job for a couple months and since im in school they only took about 100 off my paychecks.

Since you don't know anybody it might not be the wisest thing to just ship yourself out here expecting great things. Not a bad place to live tho I liked it, but I moved to Ottawa just a few months ago.

This is the most wrong thing I've read today.....gov't usually hits you for around 25-30% of your check which goes to health insurance and other things that help the city/country run.  I've lived in a few US cities and there wasn't a HUGE difference in the amount of tax and benefits being taken out

To live in Toronto, you have to connect with the right people and you can move up that ladder rather quickly. Like anywhere, it depends on how much you want it. Great city, we have some of the best nightlife I've ever seen and our women are top 5 in North America
+1

I visit Toronto quite often, and it's a great city.  I take the mega bus up from NYC.....$12 bus ride with wifi FTW!!
laugh.gif

+1

I visit Toronto quite often, and it's a great city.  I take the mega bus up from NYC.....$12 bus ride with wifi FTW!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by killabee

Are you looking for a law enforcement job? I graduate with my degree in CJ this spring and the job market definitely sucks in that field.

yea, i wanted to do the FBI , CIA, things of that nature...even applied to be a cop even though thats a last resort. but in this job market, i would pretty much take what i could get as long as it gave me some sort  of stability.
thanks for info guys, i guess i will stay put her in brooklyn, seems as if toronto and nyc is the same from you guess say.
that universal health care is
smokin.gif
, such that i pay for mind out of pocket and then a f-ing co-pay
tired.gif

i will still looking into visiting, when ever the carnival thing is they have

Are you looking for a law enforcement job? I graduate with my degree in CJ this spring and the job market definitely sucks in that field.

yea, i wanted to do the FBI , CIA, things of that nature...even applied to be a cop even though thats a last resort. but in this job market, i would pretty much take what i could get as long as it gave me some sort  of stability.
thanks for info guys, i guess i will stay put her in brooklyn, seems as if toronto and nyc is the same from you guess say.
smokin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

+1

laugh.gif

info on this megabus? $12 i will go there for a weekend over this winterbreak

+1

laugh.gif

info on this megabus? $12 i will go there for a weekend over this winterbreak

i live in toronto now. i love this city and im having tons of fun so far. come here for a few days a try it out

i live in toronto now. i love this city and im having tons of fun so far. come here for a few days a try it out

My cousin moved to Charlotte from Toronto last year because the job market for engineers was better in America. He said if you have the right education, a job is easier to find in America vs Canada because America has a much larger population and job market.

My cousin moved to Charlotte from Toronto last year because the job market for engineers was better in America. He said if you have the right education, a job is easier to find in America vs Canada because America has a much larger population and job market.

laugh.gif
say whaaaaaa
they have electrical plugs too? 
laugh.gif

that sounds too good to be true

laugh.gif
say whaaaaaa
they have electrical plugs too? 
laugh.gif

that sounds too good to be true

my friend has a criminal justice degree from the university of toronto and hes a youth worker right now. hes going back to school for social work.

my friend has a criminal justice degree from the university of toronto and hes a youth worker right now. hes going back to school for social work.

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

smokin.gif
tired.gif

Well, the Canadian version of the FBI is "CSIS" (Canadian Security Intelligence Service). If you think getting into the FBI is tough then you're in for a rude awakening. A non-Canadian citizen like yourself has 0% chance of being hired by CSIS. It's pretty much the same with other law enforcement jobs.

BTW, getting landed immigrant status for Americans in Canada is almost impossible unless you already have a job lined up or if your parents/spouse has citizenship. You cant just move here and expect to be offered the same social services that citizens, and landed immigrants enjoy.

smokin.gif
tired.gif

Well, the Canadian version of the FBI is "CSIS" (Canadian Security Intelligence Service). If you think getting into the FBI is tough then you're in for a rude awakening. A non-Canadian citizen like yourself has 0% chance of being hired by CSIS. It's pretty much the same with other law enforcement jobs.

BTW, getting landed immigrant status for Americans in Canada is almost impossible unless you already have a job lined up or if your parents/spouse has citizenship. You cant just move here and expect to be offered the same social services that citizens, and landed immigrants enjoy.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

smokin.gif
tired.gif

also consider that working for a foreign federal government is considered to be an act of treason against the united states government and they view it as a movement to renounce your citizenship

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

smokin.gif
tired.gif

also consider that working for a foreign federal government is considered to be an act of treason against the united states government and they view it as a movement to renounce your citizenship

its $77 roundtrip on the megabus, how did you get it $12?
I believe you have to book it at a certain time and date. 
Something like 2 months ahead of time or something like that.

its $77 roundtrip on the megabus, how did you get it $12?
I believe you have to book it at a certain time and date. 
Something like 2 months ahead of time or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom