Toronto Raptors @ Utah Jazz

JO stay hurt
smh.gif

my heat beat the jazz... i thought it would have been easier for the rapts to beat them

*Flame suit on*

I think this is the beginning of the end for Bosh as a Raptor. Dude seems so disinterested in whats going on.

Does anybody else feel the same way/see something similar, or am I just the only one?

Still, flame suit on.

Its just one game man. I really haven't followed the Raptors this season, so I wouldn't know.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

*Flame suit on*

I think this is the beginning of the end for Bosh as a Raptor. Dude seems so disinterested in whats going on.

Does anybody else feel the same way/see something similar, or am I just the only one?

Still, flame suit on.

He got spoiled playing for Team USA

OK, the Raptors are never on TV, so this is the first time I've watched them play in years...
Who the hell is Ukic?
And more importantly, what's the big deal about Calderon? Why do people keep touting this guy for all star status and talking about him like he's an upand coming star? I don't really see anything in him other than an average NBA guard.

Originally Posted by Big Pimpin

And more importantly, what's the big deal about Calderon? Why do people keep touting this guy for all star status and talking about him like he's an up and coming star? I don't really see anything in him other than an average NBA guard.
This is an off game for the entire team. Calderon is nice with it. Catch more games, you'll be thinking differently.

i think this team needs to hit the absolute rock bottom before things can turn around. a new coach will have its positive effects but those changes take time.takes time for players to adjust to the ways of a new coach, a new system and philosophies. the attitude and chemistry of this team has just fallen to piecesafter such a strong couple game start to the season... it was so promising to watch them. but it was only a matter of time before we got exposed. the perimeterD is by far the absolute worst ive seen any raps team play in this decade.

fundamentally theres too many bad habits with this team. we just dont play like we want to win, whens the last time we consistently crashed the boards. teamsget soooooooooo many second chance points, points in the paint, we consistently get out-rebounded every time. the bench is totally suspect, no depthwhatsoever. we can't stop slashing guards/SFs one on one, we just cant. some guys on the team are good individual defenders but that does not make themgood team defenders. team defense is the kind you see boston and LA play, you dont have to be great on ur own but you need to do whats asked of you as part ofthe team.

too trigger happy on taking the jumpers. if we dont have our inside-outside game established early with the big men we're almost never gonna win and thatsa very one dimensional mindset. Triano needs to get back to fundamentals and have this team work on good habits over n over n over in practice. I havent seen alot of the raptors practice videos but those that ive seen ... we're NO where close to as intense as some of the practices of the more elite teams.intensity and right bodylanguage in practice will transfer to on-court.

man i dont even wanna rant anymore, im totally disheartened with this team but they'll still be my fave. always.

Originally Posted by Big Pimpin

OK, the Raptors are never on TV, so this is the first time I've watched them play in years...
Who the hell is Ukic?
And more importantly, what's the big deal about Calderon? Why do people keep touting this guy for all star status and talking about him like he's an up and coming star? I don't really see anything in him other than an average NBA guard.
Ukic was our prospect over the past two years; we had draft rights for him. With the TJ trade, we called him over from Europe. This is his firstseason in the NBA.
Calderon hasn't been himself this year so far. He started the season out good, but a hamstring injury in the 6th game of the year has set him back. Hestill doesnt have the quick step he had last year. I honestly believe that he could be alot better, but for right now he is trying to fight through it. Itsdifficult to watch, no question about it.

Seriously, what are you guys surprised about? Other than Bosh (offensively) and Calderon (offensively), this is team is not very good. The Raps have been crapsince the Nets series in 07. Winning 40 games is easy in the NBA, come talk to me when the Raps are a 50+ win team.

Anyways, Colangelo is an impatient GM so I can see him making moves within the next few months. He has already show signs that he is not afraid to admit amistake and move on...i.e. signing Fred Jones and trading him a few months later...resigning Mitchell and then firing him with 2 years to go on his contract.

Kapono and Parker are probably the most tradeable guys we have. Package them up and maybe we can get a decent SG/SF from a rebuilding team.

Missing the playoffs is a very realistic possibility with the bunch we have.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Why does AP have a black eye?
Candace knocked him out.

edit: to add if NJ, Pacers, and heck even the Bobcats get %$%% together no playoffs for Raps.
laugh.gif

It's really painful to be a Raptors fan right now. Being down here in the States, I'm forced to listen to games on Fan590. Now that I get to catch themon TV, they gave me nothing but frustration. Ok...so our defense is bad, particularly with our wings but can they at least show some heart and try? Bosh andO'Neal are unhappy with our guards getting blown by consistently. Bosh is starting to look disinterested because even when he bails the other guys who getbeat, no one comes in to help. How many times did our big guys get blocks only for Utah to get the offensive rebound and score?

It's really up to Bosh and Triano now to get our guys fired up. Winning usually motivates players to play hard and compete, but because that's notexactly happening right now, the motivation has to come from within the team. Otherwise, we'll continue in a downward spiral which will lead to Boshbolting the team.

I really hope we turn it around in the next couple of weeks. I'd hate to visit Toronto (like I do every Christmas break) and watch nothing but Raptorsloses.

laugh.gif
Pacers, Bucks, Nets all on paper have a better roster and can make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
Pacers, Bucks, Nets all on paper have a better roster and can make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

No.

I will have to catch the game in a flash, but there is a lot of hysteria going on in this thread.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.

I will have to catch the game in a flash, but there is a lot of hysteria going on in this thread.
Maybe not Nets but the other 2 do, let's face it.

Back
Top Bottom