Tory Lanez?

Have no idea who this is, yet I always hear one of his songs on the radio or in the background in general. Or maybe that's Bryson Tiller. or someone else.

Last edited:
Yeah posted about him years back. Good find bro he is next to blow if he hasn't already. He needs to rap more nowadays though too much singing

Dropping two mixtapes on Christmas.

Nawghtyhare :rofl: :pimp:

Who did Future "bite" though :lol: ?? If anything, multiple people have been attempting to hi-jack him.

Have no idea who this is, yet I always hear one of his songs on the radio or in the background in general. Or maybe that's Bryson Tiller. or someone else.

Probably this.

Definitely better when he's in his singing bag.

He's coming out with two tapes on Christmas, the one OP mentioned and a singing tape, Chixtape III.

Surprised Drake hasn't done that yet. Like what if he dropped a rap album and a singing album on the same day.

Last edited:
Tried his best Hendrix impersonation. I mess with a few of his tracks, but these new ***** are unapologetic biters :smh: :lol:

I just don't get it, why is it so hard these days to be original? IMO this guy is a complete bite of whats hot, plus he didn't
know the original Brownstone song he sampled for his biggest hit..wtf?!?

Tried his best Hendrix impersonation. I mess with a few of his tracks, but these new ***** are unapologetic biters :smh: :lol:

I just don't get it, why is it so hard these days to be original? IMO this guy is a complete bite of whats hot, plus he didn't
know the original Brownstone song he sampled for his biggest hit..wtf?!?
He Canadian so U can give him a pass on not knowing an American artist
He still trash though...........

Last edited:
He was like 2 or 3 when that song came out.

One of the members of Brownstone passed earlier this year :smh:

As far as vocals go, they were prolly the 2nd best (female) R&B group of the 90s.

I'll check this out. I thought his window closed, but he's still here. Salute for that. He been buzzin since 2010. I'm sure he's gettin black balled, if not by Drake prolly by one of the (other) artists he writes for.

He was like 2 or 3 when that song came out.

One of the members of Brownstone passed earlier this year :smh:

As far as vocals go, they were prolly the 2nd best (female) R&B group of the 90s.

I'll check this out. I thought his window closed, but he's still here. Salute for that. He been buzzin since 2010. I'm sure he's gettin black balled, if not by Drake prolly by one of the (other) artists he writes for.

I completely forgot about the age difference! That makes perfect sense, I don't know about many samples artist
from my generation have used.

Damn, son getting just as much hate as Bryson Tiller

I enjoy both guys and can easily discern both of their sounds. Ye shrug 

I'm proud of the guy for finally getting this level of recognition. He's been around for A LONG time. That said....not a fan of the rapping but I get the hybrid rap/singing thing is what's hot right now. I'm just not buying the whole "tough guy" aesthetic he's trying to sell. Toronto is my second home and I know a bit about dude...and ain't none of that **** legit.

On the low he been writing for ALOT of people that's popular for a while now also. 
nerd.gif

Should've went with his gov't name as his stage name cause Tory Lanez just ain't working :lol:

Aside from that, he is talented but IDK what he wants to be. At this point he's better off just singing.

Chixtape 3 will be in heavy rotation. I don't mess with fam's raps though.

Someone should start a petition to get him to stop rapping.

It's not even that he's bad at it...he's just painfully average and sounds like a replica of like 3 different popular artists mashed together.

Someone should start a petition to get him to stop rapping.

It's not even that he's bad at it...he's just painfully average and sounds like a replica of like 3 different popular artists mashed together.

Agree. Not a bad rapper. Just, him as a singer is his Golden ticket.

Chixtape 3 is great, the New Toronto tape is trash though.
He should stick to singing, that's where he shines.

Is he using autotune on a lot his songs? Maybe that's the reason his voice sound so off...idk what it is but it's hard to get into...

Back
Top Bottom