Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

^ Nope.

...and I heard Best Buy will match the promotion if you show them the ad, someone get on that.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Here is a list of Preorders and non preorders working, i also added it to the wiki

Working
Wii
A Boy and His Blob

PS3
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Dark Void
DJ Hero PS3
Heist
Mafia II
MAG
Splatterhouse
Uncharted 2

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Dark Void
Heist
Mafia II
Magna Carta 2
Splatterhouse
Tony Hawk Ride

DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky

Not
Alpha Protocol
Assassin's Creed 2
Blur
Borderlands
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (any version not 360 Prestige Edition)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex
Darksiders
Demon's Souls (not listed)
DJ Hero 360
Dragon Age
Fifa 10
Forza 3
God of War 3 (not listed)
Gran Turismo 5
GTA Chinatown Wars PSP
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter PSP
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge PS2
New SUper Mario Bros.
Racthet and Clank
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tekken 6
That Saboteur
Tony Hawk Ride (PS3)
Zelda Spirit Tracks (not listed)

going right now.. let u guys know how it went for me in a few hours, i might even check out bestbuy to see if the lop hole works there aswell.

Studied the thread. now im goin in
pimp.gif

Im flippin this at least 10 times! plus my boys and fam! awwwwww shytt
laugh.gif

Dallas its a wrap

just came back and copped Madden, 2k10 and Batman AA. Gonna try to refund Madden and Batman. Does TRU do store credit only, or do they give cash refunds aswell??

Nah I can't take full credit for that, that's why I got it in quotes.
laugh.gif

I didn't know accessories and Microsoft points were included though, I'm about to head to the store later this afternoon.

the TRU's in the East Bay area are mad strict.. they know whats good and they ARE NOT putting up with that scam.. tried this exact hustle out last year andfailed.. SMH
but let me know if you Eastbay heads have any luck.. lol.

For whatever reason I don't think that I'll be able to pull this scam off. I might try to do one flip to get 2 games for free.

My boy who lives in Berkley is doing this all over the bay.

How are you approaching your stores employees? Keep it cool and making small talk I hope? No where on the site or the ad does it state you can't do this,so if the employee gives you lip ask for the manager. Shoot the managers I spoke with yesterday were mad cool and they all approved my returns. Hell somemanagers knew what I was doing and they admitted they were doing the same thing.

Corpo messed up on this one bad! If they were smart they would of put in the fine print will not accept exchanges or returns unless 2 games and a free one arebrought back. Mention what I just said to the manager, he really can't argue with you, but I guess he could deny you. 2 minutes of BS and small talk canget you a long way

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

How are you approaching your stores employees? Keep it cool and making small talk I hope? No where on the site or the ad does it state you can't do this, so if the employee gives you lip ask for the manager. Shoot the managers I spoke with yesterday were mad cool and they all approved my returns. Hell some managers knew what I was doing and they admitted they were doing the same thing.

Corpo messed up on this one bad! If they were smart they would of put in the fine print will not accept exchanges or returns unless 2 games and a free one are brought back. Mention what I just said to the manager, he really can't argue with you, but I guess he could deny you. 2 minutes of BS and small talk can get you a long way
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, that is a good point.

While it is a scam for the most part, there is nothing technically wrong with what you are doing.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

How are you approaching your stores employees? Keep it cool and making small talk I hope? No where on the site or the ad does it state you can't do this, so if the employee gives you lip ask for the manager. Shoot the managers I spoke with yesterday were mad cool and they all approved my returns. Hell some managers knew what I was doing and they admitted they were doing the same thing.

Corpo messed up on this one bad! If they were smart they would of put in the fine print will not accept exchanges or returns unless 2 games and a free one are brought back. Mention what I just said to the manager, he really can't argue with you, but I guess he could deny you. 2 minutes of BS and small talk can get you a long way

you know, i never thought of busting out with legalities and loopholes.. haha.. gonna give this another try.

my local TRU asked for the 3rd free game when i tried exchanging 2 for a gift card to use on another 2 and get a 3rd free again
mad.gif

plan b is to try and exchange with my gift receipts instead of original receipt. and have someone else to do it cuz they prolly will recognize me
smh.gif

I'm returning my Halo 3:ODST and Need For Speed today so I can cop Fifa and COD: WF2 later on.

How is Halo 3: ODST though, not sure if I should keep that over Fifa?

Decisions...........decisions.

So far, they're rating Fifa 10 a better game than 09 which says something. Fifa 09 was incredibly fun. Tons of stuff to do.. Be a Pro: Seasons. Ranked/Unranked. Online Leagues, Interactive Leagues, 10v10 Online Be a Pro Mode, Online clubs.

That said, I really liked ODST. I'm definitely keeping it. Try to get both.

my local TRU asked for the 3rd free game when i tried exchanging 2 for a gift card to use on another 2 and get a 3rd free again
mad.gif

plan b is to try and exchange with my gift receipts instead of original receipt. and have someone else to do it cuz they prolly will recognize me
smh.gif

Why didn't you use the Gift receipts from the beginning? lol

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

which store you hitting up? lmk what they got

i might troop later today.
I'll be at L.I.C. again later today, imma have my girl return one of the games.
laugh.gif

okay im back.. it worked for me TWICE. i picked up madden & live .. for some reason 2k is sold out everywhere lol. anyway.. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR GIFTRECEIPTS FOR THE 2 GAMES YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP.. THATS IMPORTANT. I GOT SHUT DOWN TWICE.. AND IT WORKED TWICE. UNFORTUNATELY MY FUN CAME TO AN END A FEW MINSAGO. i forgot to mention the gift reciept as they were ringing up the games.. they said umm its too late now.. we cant do it here go to CUSTOMER CARE. so i didand they SHUT ME DOWN. They told me that i would have to return all 3 games .. Get store credit and repurchase. So i did.. BUT ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO MENTION 2SEPERATE GIFT RECIEPTS.

Now heres my problem.. The dude did gift me a gift receipt for the entire purchase of 3 games.. i wonder if i return later with just 2 of the 3 games.. willthey credit me or will they demand that i also return the free game. I was gonna pretend i recieved the games as a gift.. decided to keep 1 and return theother 2 for something else. Think that might work ??

btw sorry for the long read.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I'm returning my Halo 3:ODST and Need For Speed today so I can cop Fifa and COD: WF2 later on.

How is Halo 3: ODST though, not sure if I should keep that over Fifa?

Decisions...........decisions.

mad.gif

smh.gif

Why didn't you use the Gift receipts from the beginning? lol
yeah i f''d up man! even my girl asked me that
smh.gif

but i got another TRU about 15 miles. theres only 2 around my way so i gotta make it happen!
i got killzone2, cod waw and wolfenstein. exchanging the first 2 for uncharted 2 and cod mw2 when they drop. and if all goes well and i get another free gamewith the gift cards im coppin fifa10

Read my original how to

It's very important to only get the TWO PAID GAMES ON A GIFT RECEIPT, or you will get shut down like poster said above, but it does work

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

okay im back.. it worked for me TWICE. i picked up madden & live .. for some reason 2k is sold out everywhere lol. anyway.. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR GIFT RECEIPTS FOR THE 2 GAMES YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP.. THATS IMPORTANT. I GOT SHUT DOWN TWICE.. AND IT WORKED TWICE. UNFORTUNATELY MY FUN CAME TO AN END A FEW MINS AGO. i forgot to mention the gift reciept as they were ringing up the games.. they said umm its too late now.. we cant do it here go to CUSTOMER CARE. so i did and they SHUT ME DOWN. They told me that i would have to return all 3 games .. Get store credit and repurchase. So i did.. BUT ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO MENTION 2 SEPERATE GIFT RECIEPTS.

Now heres my problem.. The dude did gift me a gift receipt for the entire purchase of 3 games.. i wonder if i return later with just 2 of the 3 games.. will they credit me or will they demand that i also return the free game. I was gonna pretend i recieved the games as a gift.. decided to keep 1 and return the other 2 for something else. Think that might work ??

btw sorry for the long read.
ur kinda f'd there man. kinda like what i did. i tried returning 2 with my original receipt. they asked for the 3rd and asked if i wanted afull refund or get gift receipts. i took the gift receipts as if i didnt have em from the first time i purchased cuz i already did. imma have my girl do it atanother location with the "gift receipts" on the policy it states if u exchange games with gift receipts you will get store credit without a doubt noother option. if returned with original receipt u get to choose from a full refund or even exchange. so ur not making that 4th game happen.
and for all those that dont know returns are good for 45 days if unopened. so that gives everyone til about mid november to wait for games to drop. i.e cod mw2
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom