Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games!!!

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Oh You Mad,

Um, the Wii version is $25.
Xbox version is $29.

Man #@%@ that @#%# I just copped like 20 sets of the wii version FML

Returning these is gonna be a hassle
30t6p3b.gif
The correlation with your post and username 
laugh.gif

So if I were to get these 3 games and go to BB and pre-order, I can cancel the pre-orders anytime I want right?

Can somebody post instructions?

I'm probably overthinking this.

i have no idea what yall are doin going to best buy trading in games and getting your finger prints taken
30t6p3b.gif

the way i've done this deal has always been

buy 2 games get 1 free
get a gift receipt for the purchase
return the first 2 games for store credit and keep the free game
repeat process.

i did this at best buy last time and just stacked up copies of NCAA football, then listed them all on craigslist for 45-50 dollars each.

Hey guys, when you trade in at best buy and pre-order, do you get 40% extra store credit based on your store credit?
So if I have $100 in store credit and I pre-order a game, will I get $40 extra in store credit?

@vSlackin
I'm confident you can cancel pre-orders.

Originally Posted by do work son

i have no idea what yall are doin going to best buy trading in games and getting your finger prints taken
30t6p3b.gif

buy 2 games get 1 free
repeat process.

i did this at best buy last time and just stacked up copies of NCAA football, then listed them all on craigslist for 45-50 dollars each.
Have you tried this method in 2011, does it still work?

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by do work son

30t6p3b.gif

buy 2 games get 1 free
repeat process.

Have you tried this method in 2011, does it still work?

yes. the city i live in only has one best buy so i had to be careful and couldnt do it as much as id like to. it worked though. only difference was this time they asked for my drivers license during the return. got 3 free copies of NCAA plus 2 games worth of store credit. sold all 3 games for 50 a piece, and still had 120 in store credit to BB

Originally Posted by vSlackin

So if I were to get these 3 games and go to BB and pre-order, I can cancel the pre-orders anytime I want right?

Can somebody post instructions?

I'm probably overthinking this.

Somebody posted that you actually just reserve the game but dont have to go buy it, its just 5 dollars.

As profitable as this has been the past two years for me, and last year was damn good, I think I'm gunna sit this one out. By the end of last year they wouldn't even let me in any of the TRU's in my area. All shifts knew me too lol. Good luck to all!!! If you have the free time this can be very worth the effort!

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Wait so at Bestbuy can you trade in as many of the same game as you want at 1 time?

If it's the same game (and same console) only 3.
If you have more than 3, then I would suggest going to another BB.

Answering a few questions.

1. Vegas Best Buy's don't require fingerprint scan
2. Xbox 360 Just Dance 3 $29 trade in value
3. There are no other games that give you this good of trade in value/price ratio
4. I preordered like 15 games and dude said it doesn't matter if I buy them or not
5. 3 games of same title same system a day.

Now i got a question for NT. Should I flip 1 Macbook Pro or 4 iPads?

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Answering a few questions.

1. Vegas Best Buy's don't require fingerprint scan
2. Xbox 360 Just Dance 3 $29 trade in value
3. There are no other games that give you this good of trade in value/price ratio
4. I preordered like 15 games and dude said it doesn't matter if I buy them or not
5. 3 games of same title same system a day.

Now i got a question for NT. Should I flip 1 Macbook Pro or 4 iPads?
So after you trade in the 3 games you just tell them you wan to make 3 preorders like BF3 or MW3 and the extra 50% will be added to the trade in value?

How much do we have to put down to make a preorder?

I see TRU is doing the buy 2 get 1 free on accessories. Has anyone tried doing the trade in deal with accessories (at bestbuy)?

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by MrBrown

***Info: Limit: We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED
Im guessing this is in the same store? Cuz homeboy above obviously has more than 3 and he got it down packed

Yeah all the Best Buys I went to didn't care, they just told me I had to come back tomorrow.

I got that straight from the web site...
In LA they finger print you 
indifferent.gif
. AND to those saying about the return for free game..... I checked the receipt and they broke down the price noting that it was less for returning so $85 bucks was divided by 3 when you receive a refund.

The best hustle is to get that $40 profit but I really didnt want to keep a lot of money as BB gift cards. 

Ok so here is my confusion,

Last year (or a couple of years ago) the way it was done was like this,

You buy 2 games and the last one was free. All games were 59.99 (+ tax). Ask for a gift receipt for all 3 games and you had to make sure the last game they scan was the one you wanted to keep.

Then

You returned the 2 games that you didnt want to keep for store credit and keep the free game to flip. Then you repeat the process. The total amount you spent during the sale was $130.96. Thats it. You kept recycling your money.

Im not understanding how you guys are coming up with this best buy deal. You guys have to spend more than $130.96 because you're not recycling your money. Am I correct? So in order to come up

you must have a lot of $? Again, Im sorry but Im confused.

Back
Top Bottom