Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games!!!

Maybe its my old age or because I use to work retail selling video game years ago but these schemes seem wrong. I know its a hustle and to me at least they seem like too much trouble & time to spend to earn a few bucks. Also from a retail POV its abuse of a promotion that people just dont have the decency to enjoy/use properly. Its like people "renting" sneakers before sending them back to Nike as defective and how that got abused. Maybe its just my own morals and values or perhaps laziness.

^^^

You CANT do they free game from last year because the receipt breaks down the price... so If you return the games you bought you will receive $2x.xx-3x.xx depending on game value. They break down the initial $120 into 3 parts so you really dont get free games.

The deal for 2011 is stated a few pages back.

Originally Posted by djaward

Im not understanding how you guys are coming up with this best buy deal. You guys have to spend more than $130.96 because you're not recycling your money. Am I correct? So in order to come up

you must have a lot of $? Again, Im sorry but Im confused.

You buy 2 Just Dance, 3rd one free - $34.99 x 2 + tax = about $75 own pocket

Trade in 3 at BB and preorder, $29 + 50% = $43.50 x 3 = $130.50 in credit

Which leaves you with about $55 in extra Best Buy credit.

So how is it really a come up if ur honna be stuck with bb store credit u world have to spend like 350 to even get some REAL MONEY in store credit

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

So how is it really a come up if ur honna be stuck with bb store credit u world have to spend like 350 to even get some REAL MONEY in store credit

free $40?
Not much but sometimes I buy things at BB so an extra $40 is good

LMAO what do you mean "REAL MONEY"? If it's making more than you had before, who cares? Not everyone goes into BB and has to spend that much, you can buy movies and other things

Originally Posted by djaward

Ok so here is my confusion,

Last year (or a couple of years ago) the way it was done was like this,

You buy 2 games and the last one was free. All games were 59.99 (+ tax). Ask for a gift receipt for all 3 games and you had to make sure the last game they scan was the one you wanted to keep.

Then

You returned the 2 games that you didnt want to keep for store credit and keep the free game to flip. Then you repeat the process. The total amount you spent during the sale was $130.96. Thats it. You kept recycling your money.

Im not understanding how you guys are coming up with this best buy deal. You guys have to spend more than $130.96 because you're not recycling your money. Am I correct? So in order to come up

you must have a lot of $? Again, Im sorry but Im confused.
so what I did today, I bought 3 Just Dance 3's and took them to Best Buy. total turned out to like $134.64 I made a little under $50.00
It seems like this trade in to best buy is going to be the best option. 

I suppose if you want to keep games keep trading to BB till you have enough to buy at Best Buy?

After trading into Best Buy I went back to TRU and bought 1 madden 12 1 nba 2k12, 1 Fifa 12.

Tomorrow I'll try returning both except for 2k12 (They gave me individual gift receipts) and then sell 2k12 to a friend for a small profit.

If it works, I'll repeat till I make a lot.

If that doesn't work, well my dad needs a TV so I'll keep trading in.

well you're buying madden, 2K12 and fifa which are all $60 games.

If you go back to BB and try to trade them in I believe you'll get no more than $30 each.

Also, just a heads up.

I went to TRU a few hours ago.
Was kinda hesitant but I did a test trial and bout 3 $20 games.

Heres how's my receipt looks:
Game #1 rang up $19.99
Game #2 rang up $19.99
Game #3 rang up $0.00

(They also let me get 3 seperate gift receipts)

So hypothethically could I have just returned the first 2 games and got a refund?
I probabaly shoulda tried but all games were trash. They were games I wouldn't play and it would tough to find a buyer.

Anyway, I just went to BB right after...Sold all 3 + got an extra 50% since I preordered MW3.
Ended up gettin $72 on a GC
pimp.gif

PS: The guy gave me a $5 preorder ticket that I had to take to the register and pay for.
pimp.gif
They activate it at the main register but I said F-that and walked right with no hassle. So I got 50% without dropping $5 for an actual preorder.

Some of you guys are ******ed and need to read the thread if you wanna do this...everyone is answering questions over and over again..

Probably going to go tomorrow and use the deal for myself...might get Batman, a controller and another game.

Too much of a hassel to do this deal, Might Buy a couple of DS games that I've been wanting with this deal.

Is it me or the trade-in value for xbox just dance 3 went down to only $23 on their site?Not even worth my time now. The market is flooded

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Also, just a heads up.

I went to TRU a few hours ago.
Was kinda hesitant but I did a test trial and bout 3 $20 games.

Heres how's my receipt looks:
Game #1 rang up $19.99
Game #2 rang up $19.99
Game #3 rang up $0.00

(They also let me get 3 seperate gift receipts)

So hypothethically could I have just returned the first 2 games and got a refund?
I probabaly shoulda tried but all games were trash. They were games I wouldn't play and it would tough to find a buyer.

Anyway, I just went to BB right after...Sold all 3 + got an extra 50% since I preordered MW3.
Ended up gettin $72 on a GC
pimp.gif

PS: The guy gave me a $5 preorder ticket that I had to take to the register and pay for.
pimp.gif
They activate it at the main register but I said F-that and walked right with no hassle. So I got 50% without dropping $5 for an actual preorder.
pimp.gif
with the + 50% you always end up winning.
to the other NTer I'm not trading in those games, I'm going to try to return two of them 1 by 1. hopefully i'll get a full refund and sell the other on Craigslist.

sucks when you have only one best buy and toy's r us in town... but still well try tommorrow
happy.gif

Sucks when the Best Buy's around you dont do trade-in's.

Gonna try and return one game tomorrow and swap out the free one for Batman (I think they knew what was up, because from the case to the games being in the bag, they were held by the employees so I couldnt put FIFA on the bottom of the pile
30t6p3b.gif
). If I cant return one I paid for I'll just list it on Craigslist. I'm not trying to go in like some of y'all
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
UPDATE
pimp.gif

MX vs ATV Alive is $20 for both PS3 and Xbox 360. Get 3 of each for $90
Trade in value at Best Buy is $16. 16 x 6 + .5(16 x 6) = $144

I'll be adding these to my Just Dance trade ins so it will be $252 on a gift card each time from a $160 purchase.

You're welcome if you use it.

EDIT: Michael Jackson Experience is also $20(PS3) and has $16 trade in value at BB

^damn fam...your giving the good ones away
laugh.gif

Those are the games I used last night though.

I bought two Mx vs Atv and one Michael Jackson

Spent $40 at TRU then sold em @ BB and walked out with $72.

Well I got 0 competition here in Vegas. All the dudes at Best Buy know what I'm doing and just laugh. 1 manager was mad yesterday but just left the trade in desk because there wasn't $*%# he could do about it. I got 4 Toys R Us and Theres a Best Buy next to 2 of em. Only problem is I'm starting to fall behind in Spanish and Accounting so I'll be done in the next day or 2.

sucks when you don't have enough money and your parents wont give you any money to do it cause they don't support your video game habits cause they'd rather prefer you spend that time studying to become a dentist
frown.gif

Originally Posted by solegit08til

pimp.gif
UPDATE
pimp.gif

MX vs ATV Alive is $20 for both PS3 and Xbox 360. Get 3 of each for $90
Trade in value at Best Buy is $16. 16 x 6 + .5(16 x 6) = $144

I'll be adding these to my Just Dance trade ins so it will be $252 on a gift card each time from a $160 purchase.

You're welcome if you use it.

EDIT: Michael Jackson Experience is also $20(PS3) and has $16 trade in value at BB

is this a better come up than the just dance 3?

^yes, you can buy any combination of games or accessories.
but they'll charge you for the two most expensive items out of your three selections.

and JD3 dropped from $29 to $23.

You can still make a profit from it though.
IMO I would do a combination of JD3, Michael Jackson: Experience, and Mx vs Atv to make it not so suspicious.

Because of the price drop on Just Dance 3 yeah, but if you can, just get all 3 titles.

Kung Fu Panda 2(360)   TRU=$40 for 3    BB TIV=$72 w/ bonus 50%
Zhu Zhu pets 2(Wii)
laugh.gif
  TRU=$20 for 3     BB TIV=$36 w/ bonus 50%

Yes, unfortunately it takes money to make money in the flipping game.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom