Trailer for "A Place Beyond the Pines" with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper

Good movie but tries to do too many things (it's a 3 act movie) and feels somewhat empty as result. Worth watching but don't expect an Oscar-caliber film.

I will say this, though - I absolutely despised Ryan Gosling before this movie, but his swagger in this movie was on point.
I started thinking " when is this going to end" when the third act started, but the ending had enough closure for me to rate it 3.5/5

I also wish Luke's story was extended. 

I started thinking " when is this going to end" when the third act started, but the ending had enough closure for me to rate it 3.5/5

I also wish Luke's story was extended. 
the first 45 minutes of the movie was crack........then you know what happened.   

Just came back from this and really loved it. Predictable in some parts but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good flick, but it dragged near the end and was kind of a downer. I still enjoyed it, though

should i check this out out pain & gain tonight

I really recommend "the Place Beyond The Pines". I saw it then walked into Pain & Gain for about 30 mintues and i walked out. no lie, it was the same old **** i see all the time with wahlberg and typical movies. Pines was really good and almost moved me to tears at one point.

I wanted to check in here and see how you guys liked it. It was deep and shot so well. I liked the story as well because thankfully i didnt see many trailers for it so i was pleasantly surprised with the story's rising action etc

Saw this tonight, and wow. As a lot of you may know, I am obsessed with Gosling 
laugh.gif
 But he really did his thing here. Not just him, but everybody as well. Hell, even Bradley Cooper's son was brilliant.

Easily the best movie of the year so far. If this doesn't get nominated for Best Picture....

I enjoyed Cooper's story more than most.. I think he gave a pretty good performance. But Gosling was awesome.

Might have to watch Gosling's part again tonight. Joint is straight fire. Dude is so damn versatile as an actor

Just saw the movie, and have one question..
Who did Ryan Gosling call right before Cooper shoots him?

Just saw the movie, and have one question..

Who did Ryan Gosling call right before Cooper shoots him?

Romina (Eva Mendes's character). He was talking about their baby son and how he doesn't want her to bring him (Gosling) up to him when he gets older, because he's done more harm for him than he's ever done good.

Will be a top 5 movie at the end of the year. I want to see it again but will probably just wait and pick up the blu ray.

Just finally watched this last week.

While it did drag a little during the 3rd part of the story, thought overall this was a :nthat: movie.

I was very surprised that...

Ryan Gosling's character died so early in the movie. Definitely wasn't expecting that :wow: :frown: . From the trailer, I thought there would be a cat-mouse game between Gosling and Bradley Cooper's characters as Cooper's character would continue to hunt down Gosling's for the bank robberies but all that ended real quick :x

Last edited:
Watched this movie last night. Easily one of the best I've seen this year. Without giving too much away, I thought it was brilliant how the film was basically broken up into 3 acts. I wasn't expecting that. Makes you really think about father/son relationships. Great film.

Back
Top Bottom