Trailer for the new PTA film "The Master"

Can't watch the trailer right now but this is supposed to be the Scientology that's not about Scientology according to PTA right? I don't believe in conspiracies at all but he should definitely be careful.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Can't watch the trailer right now but this is supposed to be the Scientology that's not about Scientology according to PTA right? I don't believe in conspiracies at all but he should definitely be careful.
Yeah, I mean whatever happened to those South Park guys. Kinda just disappeared after they clowned on Scientology.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Yeah, I mean whatever happened to those South Park guys. Kinda just disappeared after they clowned on Scientology.

You obviously are unaware about rebroadcasts of that episode being pulled and the controversy behind that. Plus their have been plenty of people in all different fields that have been critical of Scientology and have been harassed, put into court, etc. I'm not saying PTA would be killed or blacklisted but I could see the more powerful members making sure the movie isn't promoted that well. However, he has worked with Cruise before and if he says its not a movie about Scientology, I'll take his word for it, though it supposedly has a number of similarities.

You obviously are unaware about rebroadcasts of that episode being pulled and the controversy behind that. Plus their have been plenty of people in all different fields that have been critical of Scientology and have been harassed, put into court, etc. I'm not saying PTA would be killed or blacklisted but I could see the more powerful members making sure the movie isn't promoted that well. However, he has worked with Cruise before and if he says its not a movie about Scientology, I'll take his word for it, though it supposedly has a number of similarities.
Can you enlighten me?  I dont know much about Scientology or really anything surrounding it

PTA top 10 filmmakers for me.

I'm patiently waiting for this and Gravity.

I hope this is amazing.

Really interested in this.

For those curious about the Scientology angle, I suggest checking out Lawrence Wright's 2011 article in The Atlantic.

well its not about scientology but it takes the essence of its founding. Basically if I wanted to make a movie about the founding of mcdonalds but I changed all of the names and the logo

Originally Posted by blakep267

well its not about scientology but it takes the essence of its founding. Basically if I wanted to make a movie about the founding of mcdonalds but I changed all of the names and the logo

ok and the dude JP is playing is the main dude?

movie looks interesting
nerd.gif

Joaquin Phoenix is such an underrated actor. Ever since Gladiator he has been putting on great performances.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by blakep267

ok and the dude JP is playing is the main dude?

movie looks interesting
nerd.gif
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is playing the main dude (L. Ron Hubbard), Phoenix is just a lost soul that Seymour convinces to buy into what he's selling.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this movie :x

The score by Johnny Greenwood, the cinematography, LANDRY from FNL

Joaquin Phoenix looks likes hes about to give the performance of a lifetime and it definitely looks like hes the main character here instead of Phillip Seymour Hofmann.

I thought Daniel Day-Lewis would have Best Actor on lock next year for playing Lincoln but now with this....I dont know. Should be a hell of a race :smokin

Having not seen anything from DDL so far, Joaquin could pull the Adrian Brody and steal the Oscar from DDL. Not sure the Academy would be willing to give DDL his 3rd Oscar.

So excited for this. Huge fan of PTA's work, except for Punch Drunk Love and the final 30 or 40 minutes of TWBB. The poster for this movie is sick.

Back
Top Bottom