Troy or Gladiator?

Which Gladiator???? The one with Cuba Gooding, Jr? Nah? A'ight.

But seriously Gladiator was a far better movie to me...Troy was decent to me at best. Only thing better in Troy was the female cast.

Gladiator won Best Picture and Russel Crowe won the Best actor award for the movie. Troy, a good movie in its own right, is not even on the same level.

Gladiator by far. The soundtrack 
pimp.gif

Hans Zimmer with the CLASSIC soundtrack for Gladiator made the movie that much better...

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

Gladiator by a landslide imo.
Mostly because you feel so attached to Maximus as the story goes on
i didnt get that in Troy.

Quoted for damn truth! Troy is a %%*!%*% awesome movie! But comparing it to Gladiator? Nope.

Gladiator, movie is in my top 5. Troy was really good though, wish it would've came out when I was reading that mess in school
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

Gladiator is the better movie but I prefer Troy, it has more replay value for me.

exactly.  I've seen Gladiator a few times and it just has that overall "classic" movie feel, but everytime Troy's on, my tv usually stays on it til' it's over.  I still get sad for Hector's end
laugh.gif

troy started off pretty good with brad pitt and that swag, waking up next to some %%$@#+ then sticking dude in like 30 seconds. then it tailed off after that. I wish Orlando Bloom would of acutally fought cause then he would of got dominated and i wouldnt have to watch him act like a #$%#@ the whole movie. Gladiator had it going throughout the whole movie and didnt let up.

Gladiator by FAR.

The fighting scenes in troy though were pretty damn boss. My man murdered homie in front of his kingdom then proceeded to drag his body while giving everybody the mean mug like he just finished listening to the infamous by mobb deep.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'll admit the opening scene with achilles was dope.. but it ain't touching ALL-TIME GREAT status

I like Troy better, so I'm in the vast minority, haha. What's hard to believe is that Troy's running time is actually longer than Gladiator's, but it feels a lot shorter to watch.
I can watch Troy as many times as it's shown on TV. Gladiator...not so much.
The scene where Achilles and the Myrmidons attack Troy is amazing...kind of reminds me of the beginning scene in Saving Private Ryan where the soldiers arrive at Omaha Beach.
Troy is in my Top 5 despite Brad Pitt's role being limited. If there were more action parts involving Achilles, this movie would be my favorite all time.

Back
Top Bottom