Troy or Gladiator?

Originally Posted by runzombierun

troy started off pretty good with brad pitt and that swag, waking up next to some %%$@#+ then sticking dude in like 30 seconds. then it tailed off after that. I wish Orlando Bloom would of acutally fought cause then he would of got dominated and i wouldnt have to watch him act like a #$%#@ the whole movie. Gladiator had it going throughout the whole movie and didnt let up.
for real. Troy has some cool scenes but sucks overall

Gladiator >

Both were absolutely spectacular but I would pick TROY
Troy-Achilles.jpg

Gladiator.
BUT, when Achilles is about to battle Hector, pulls the helmet off and says "Now you know who you're fighting"..... tough. Then straps Hector to the back of the chariot and rides of like it ain't a big deal.

This movie also made me hate Orlando Bloom, not only in this role but everything else after it. Such a coward, no wonder his name was Paris.

Okay. The consensus seems to be that Gladiator is the better movie, and an all time classic, but Troy is the movie that has a much higher replay value. I judge this is because Troy doesn't really have a break in the action; it is basically a momentous ride of just setting up for the next awesome battle scene. There wasn't a single battle scene in Troy that wasn't spectacular. Troy also has a lot more catchy lines overall. A lot of 8.5 to 9 level lines. Gladiator has the 10+ MVP of MVP's speech though.

Both of the top 2 from Troy and Gladiator get your blood pumping and you ready to go to battle. Watch both of them before a night out, or when the people start getting lazy and we need to rally. Too many nights have ended with us just watching all of Troy and not getting out till 12:30 haha.

Troy:
-Beginning (shows off the skyhook move right away)
-At the feast, "keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our bed" toast. Used that one for a while.
-Heading back to Troy. You say you're willing to die for love but you know nothing about dying and you know nothing about love!
-Achiles speed to the Mermeden. "We are lions..."
-Achiles with the absolute dominating flawless victory at the beach. Ultimate skill, etc. 10/10 scene.
-Cousin of Achile's versus Hector. Had me shook for a second at first when I watched it in the theater.
-Achiles vs. Hector
-Paris for being the ultimate hated by everyone, men, women, and children alike. Mostly Bloom just acting himself.
-Troy everyone basically just stays who they are and it is a royal rumble of awesome. Highlight reel after highlight reel.
8/10 one time flick, 10/10 replay value.

Gladiator
-Opening scene pretty good 8/10
-Escaping, putting the beatdown on his captors
-The non-fight fight when he first becomes a slave
-His rise to power first fight 7/10
-His one on five destruction 8/10
-The first battle at the Colosium 100/10 (including the speech)
-Rest of the movie great plot. Good fight scene against Titanus. Gladiator would of been an amazing movie even with minimal fighting. The speech and the fighting made it a legend movie. It had a great plot, and built up appropriately. It is a bit of an emotional investment to grow with the character. A 10/10 one time flick, 6/10 for replay value.

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Okay. The consensus seems to be that Gladiator is the better movie, and an all time classic, but Troy is the movie that has a much higher replay value. I judge this is because Troy doesn't really have a break in the action; it is basically a momentous ride of just setting up for the next awesome battle scene. There wasn't a single battle scene in Troy that wasn't spectacular. Troy also has a lot more catchy lines overall. 

Totally agree with this^

I'm fine with people enjoying Troy more than Gladiator. That's a matter of taste. But nobody in their right mind would consider it to be a better movie than Gladiator.

Just finish watching Troy for the first time. . It surprise the hell out of me.. it's a good movie. .

Back
Top Bottom