True Life: I'm an Aggressive Driver

I love to go fast (especially on the turnpike), but I don't like spending $1,400+ on tickets and taking an 8 hr aggressive driver class.
tired.gif

I realized this is a serious problem for me b/c after spending the money and taking the class, I still played tit for tat with a dude who was going too slowand preventing me from passing him ..... and I got shook when I saw a cop and couldn't slow down fast enough from 90.

I need to stop. I'm gonna have to be in the grandpa and grandma lane from now on.

Anyone else have a speeding/aggressive driver problem?

Right there with you. Driving an m5, its really hard to control myself when there's a open stretch of road. Most of the time I don't even realize butwhen I look at the speedo i'll be going 20 over the speed limit
eek.gif
.I've kinda stopped driving all wild, weaving in and out of traffic. Now it's more on the highway where I'll have an open stretch of road and really push the car.

In CT the class is only 4 hrs.

I just had another feb. 21st.

Itll be a problem once i copp an Audi, i dont want it to be though.........

edit: Once you got to the class once, youre on probation for 3 years in my state, every ticket you get you gotta do the 4 hr 60 dollar class. ITS ALL ABOUT$$$$$$$$$, matter fact cops in my state are giving out a lot more BS tickets because the state needs $$$$$$$$$$$. Its a scam, im not even aggresive, i go theflow of traffic. Everybody in the class has a BS cop story. All about money.

i just hop in the left lane and go with the flow. what really gets me heated is driving on the surface streets and dudes are swerving all over on their phonesand crap like that.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Living in VA you learn real fast. Dudes is talking bout jail time for me.

I heard its crazy in VA. Is it true that theyre changing the fines to $1,500 for 15 over and jail time over 30?
....it's illegal to have a radar detector there too right?

I'm gonna have to go on cruise control when I drive to NY.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Living in VA you learn real fast. Dudes is talking bout jail time for me.
I live in NoVa and can say that I've never recieved a ticket. It's always on the back of my mind though, whenever I do a couple spiritedruns I always look at my rearview mirror hoping there are no cops behind me
embarassed.gif
. My friend on the other hand, has received numerous tickets for no reasons at all. One time this cop followed us for 2 miles, until she finallypulled my firiend over for expired tags
indifferent.gif

Daemacho- I know in Va, cops have started to use the zg4 radar detector. Most radar detectors are only programmed for the zg2 model, not thezg4 so radar detectors are most likely useless. This even includes the Valentine 1 which is considered a great product by many car enthusiasts.

Yup, dudes who commit actual crimes could actually get off easier than the productive member of society trying to not be late for work.

most of the time i drive chill, like an old man but sometimes if i'm in the mood I'll wring out the engine and let the suspension/chassis dance alittle. gotta get it outta my system once in a while, but def not aggressively like cutting off and tailing people and revving high all the time..

Lol i have a heavy foot, that's my only problem. I tend to hit 60-70ish on the main roads and 80-90ish on the highways true story.

MyJaysGetsRock

I was just talking to this old man last weekend, his Valentine One got scrambled by the cop.............it was useless. They needa come out with something newnow. Dude said his detector went crazy, cops got new technology now.

I feel you. On the highway, I usually drive anywhere from 10-35 over.
smh.gif
I need to learn to tame myself, especially with this Provisional License.

Only time I'm on my best behavior is when I'm where I know cops lurk, i.e. school zones.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

MyJaysGetsRock

I was just talking to this old man last weekend, his Valentine One got scrambled by the cop.............it was useless. They needa come out with something new now. Dude said his detector went crazy, cops got new technology now.
Yup, alot of people got caught. I know a couple board members who email valentine to see if they have an update, and they said no. Unless somekindof radar detector detector dector comes out, a vast majority of radar detectors are useless.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

I feel you. On the highway, I usually drive anywhere from 10-35 over.
smh.gif
I need to learn to tame myself, especially with this Provisional License.

Only time I'm on my best behavior is when I'm where I know cops lurk, i.e. school zones.

dawg i've had my provisional FOREVER. had it since 06 and kept on getting tickets. I even got up to the 3rd violation where you're supposed to besuspended for 180 days but i told the judge i needed it for school and work so he gave me 120 days limited to school and work only. When I went to get thelimitations taken off the teller lady at mvq told me my provision is finished in June! Provisional licenses FTL...

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

MyJaysGetsRock

I was just talking to this old man last weekend, his Valentine One got scrambled by the cop.............it was useless. They needa come out with something new now. Dude said his detector went crazy, cops got new technology now.

I'd scramble his %$#% right back. I know someone he did that. He said the cop kept hitting the radar gun trying to fix it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MissKickBack

I love to go fast (especially on the turnpike), but I don't like spending $1,400+ on tickets and taking an 8 hr aggressive driver class.
tired.gif

I realized this is a serious problem for me b/c after spending the money and taking the class, I still played tit for tat with a dude who was going too slow and preventing me from passing him ..... and I got shook when I saw a cop and couldn't slow down fast enough from 90.

I need to stop. I'm gonna have to be in the grandpa and grandma lane from now on.

Anyone else have a speeding/aggressive driver problem?
drive behind slow cars

i noticed when i started to drive slower, i didnt have road rage anymore

plus i save gas

Back
Top Bottom