Trying to find the right bball shoe....(lightweight, good shock absorption, etc)

First time posting here, but my old Kobe's have worn out completely and I've been trying to find the right shoe for my needs....
- I'm 5'9 165lbs, I play quick and make lots of cuts off the ball so good traction is a must (especially for outdoors)

- I don't really need a shoe that is very LOW to the ground, I played bball in my running shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus) with thick cushioning and I never have any lower back pain or foot issues, really comfortable but since its low cut I rolled my ankle the last 2x I played.

- I just want something lightweight, very good shock absorption (especially the heel since I suffer from lower back tightness), and good ankle support.

- Would prefer the toe area to be a bit wide like my Asics, I hate the narrow front since it rubs on the side of my foot.

- Please....no heavy shoes like Lebrons, I don't think I've ever liked any of them for ball (just me though).

If you have any recommendations for both indoors AND outdoors I would appreciate it. I play more outdoors so that is my priority.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

First time posting here, but my old Kobe's have worn out completely and I've been trying to find the right shoe for my needs....
- I'm 5'9 165lbs, I play quick and make lots of cuts off the ball so good traction is a must (especially for outdoors)

- I don't really need a shoe that is very LOW to the ground, I played bball in my running shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus) with thick cushioning and I never have any lower back pain or foot issues, really comfortable but since its low cut I rolled my ankle the last 2x I played.

- I just want something lightweight, very good shock absorption (especially the heel since I suffer from lower back tightness), and good ankle support.

- Would prefer the toe area to be a bit wide like my Asics, I hate the narrow front since it rubs on the side of my foot.

- Please....no heavy shoes like Lebrons, I don't think I've ever liked any of them for ball (just me though).

If you have any recommendations for both indoors AND outdoors I would appreciate it. I play more outdoors so that is my priority.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

I used the new Kobes, actually balled in my Grinches....but they feel TOO low and for some reason don't bode well for me.

These are the Kobes I used to own.

nike-zoom-kobe-3-iii-black-mamba-black-black-1.jpg

- are those Jordan wades any good? I usually don't trust anything Jordan related when it comes to bball (if that makes any sense)

- I may try on those D Roses next time I step foot into a footlocker.

I used the new Kobes, actually balled in my Grinches....but they feel TOO low and for some reason don't bode well for me.

These are the Kobes I used to own.

nike-zoom-kobe-3-iii-black-mamba-black-black-1.jpg

- are those Jordan wades any good? I usually don't trust anything Jordan related when it comes to bball (if that makes any sense)

- I may try on those D Roses next time I step foot into a footlocker.

the adidas rose or rose 1.5 are good suggestions, but i came in here to give you a different suggestion than the normal kobe, 2011, fly wade suggestions.

try the under armour micro g lite. it has the wider toe box that you are looking for, full-length micro g cushioning, good ankle lockdown, and a heat gear upper to keep your feet a little cooler. they aren't kobe light, but not lebron heavy either. it has a carbon fiber midfoot shank, and a very durable sole even when playing outdoors. i used them exclusively outdoors for 6 months or so and the cushioning had started to breakdown, but the outsole hasn't shown even the slightest bit of wear.

i'm 240 pounds, so i would know if there isn't enough cushioning right off the bat. if you are worried when i say it lasted 6 months, i haven't had a pair of nike shoes last me more than 3 months in years. most get me 6 weeks to 2 months before the soles are flat, cushioning is shot, and/or some part of the shoe ripped making them not functional.

honestly, the reason i keep using nike basketball shoes is due to the warranty. i buy and play in the shoes, then 2-3 months later when they are falling apart i return them to my local outlets. maybe i'm just ridiculously hard on shoes, but it seems like 80% or more of the nike shoes i purchase for basketball seem to have a manufacturer defect and i have never had a pair of adidas or either pair of my under armour shoes fall apart.

the adidas rose or rose 1.5 are good suggestions, but i came in here to give you a different suggestion than the normal kobe, 2011, fly wade suggestions.

try the under armour micro g lite. it has the wider toe box that you are looking for, full-length micro g cushioning, good ankle lockdown, and a heat gear upper to keep your feet a little cooler. they aren't kobe light, but not lebron heavy either. it has a carbon fiber midfoot shank, and a very durable sole even when playing outdoors. i used them exclusively outdoors for 6 months or so and the cushioning had started to breakdown, but the outsole hasn't shown even the slightest bit of wear.

i'm 240 pounds, so i would know if there isn't enough cushioning right off the bat. if you are worried when i say it lasted 6 months, i haven't had a pair of nike shoes last me more than 3 months in years. most get me 6 weeks to 2 months before the soles are flat, cushioning is shot, and/or some part of the shoe ripped making them not functional.

honestly, the reason i keep using nike basketball shoes is due to the warranty. i buy and play in the shoes, then 2-3 months later when they are falling apart i return them to my local outlets. maybe i'm just ridiculously hard on shoes, but it seems like 80% or more of the nike shoes i purchase for basketball seem to have a manufacturer defect and i have never had a pair of adidas or either pair of my under armour shoes fall apart.

been using the aj2011 and kobe 6. but recently tried the new hyperdunks. and its amazing!!! if you want adizero rose, get the 1.5. i dont like the cushioning of the adizero 1.

been using the aj2011 and kobe 6. but recently tried the new hyperdunks. and its amazing!!! if you want adizero rose, get the 1.5. i dont like the cushioning of the adizero 1.

Gonna try on those D Rose 1.5's, the 1's felt a little off.

I tried to find those under armor shoes mentioned above but I cant seem to find them anywhere, only large sizes left.

Hyperdunks have a roomy toe box?

Gonna try on those D Rose 1.5's, the 1's felt a little off.

I tried to find those under armor shoes mentioned above but I cant seem to find them anywhere, only large sizes left.

Hyperdunks have a roomy toe box?

i have wide feet and i play in hyperizes. they have a pretty roomy toe box. they also come in zoom and max.

i have wide feet and i play in hyperizes. they have a pretty roomy toe box. they also come in zoom and max.

Back
Top Bottom