Trying to gain bulk, what kind of protein should I drink DURING my workouts?

I usually drink one in the middle of my workout (syntha-6) and one right after (myoplex).

Am I doing this wrong? Syntha-6 is slow releasing so I'm not sure if thats what I should be drinking during my workout or what. Any suggestions?

I usually drink one in the middle of my workout (syntha-6) and one right after (myoplex).

Am I doing this wrong? Syntha-6 is slow releasing so I'm not sure if thats what I should be drinking during my workout or what. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Drink water or gatorade (as needed) during your workout.

Anything else is unnecessary.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Drink water or gatorade (as needed) during your workout.

Anything else is unnecessary.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

no man, dont worry about the protien
eat alot of food to get big
Listen to this, don't put powders in your body. There was a report released that found all types of crap in those powders.

Listen to this, don't put powders in your body. There was a report released that found all types of crap in those powders.

I've been trying that but high metabolism ftl 
tired.gif

There was a report released that found all types of crap in those powders.
^link to that report?

and i wouldnt drink any protein during lifting personally. my friend whos like a walking encyclopedia on supplements drinks superpump 250 which is a pre-workout supp during the beginning of his lift. i use it too, but i take it at home ab 30 mins before i start lifting.

if you're trying to gain bulk which is what i'm doing, use this post-workout protein shake called russian bear. its the goods. my friend who i just mentioned before (he's a BIG dude) put me onto it. my brother and i have both been using it for about a month and a half now and people have been telling me i look bigger, and i know i do. my brothers been feelin it too. im planning on taking it for about another 2 months until its time to start cutting for the summer.

^link to that report?

and i wouldnt drink any protein during lifting personally. my friend whos like a walking encyclopedia on supplements drinks superpump 250 which is a pre-workout supp during the beginning of his lift. i use it too, but i take it at home ab 30 mins before i start lifting.

if you're trying to gain bulk which is what i'm doing, use this post-workout protein shake called russian bear. its the goods. my friend who i just mentioned before (he's a BIG dude) put me onto it. my brother and i have both been using it for about a month and a half now and people have been telling me i look bigger, and i know i do. my brothers been feelin it too. im planning on taking it for about another 2 months until its time to start cutting for the summer.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

^link to that report?
http://www.proteinbreakthrough.com/

http://www.bodybuildingse...eports-screws-you-blind/

did you even look into the stuff you posted? i'm going to start off by saying that i do personally believe that you have to cycle on and off with pre-workout supps and protein. the @#%$! just not natural and just from regular experience its easy to feel that ur digestive system can't constantly be taking high dosages of nutrients. it puts alot on ur digestive system to process it which is why im planning on getting off of supplements completely in like 2 months just to let my body flush out everything and "cleanse" my system.

the first source u posted can't be trusted since all it does is bash every other product and then try to sell you something in the end. i can't believe i wasted my time reading it. the next source according to consumer reports says it COULD be a health risk if you OVERCONSUME. then it goes on to say that those metals are found in regular foods like milk, eggs, rice, veggies, etc. (obviously in lower quantities but its still found in them.) And the amount would still be below the FDA limits even with overconsumption.

i think everybody knows that ideally whole foods is the best way to get ur nutrients, but shakes just makes it much more convenient and is also the quickest way to get protein to your muscles to rebuild with immediately after lifting which is like the "window of opportunity." for now im good with my shakes until i give my digestive system a break and flush all the bad that comes with the good of shakes out of my body.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

^link to that report?
http://www.proteinbreakthrough.com/

http://www.bodybuildingse...eports-screws-you-blind/

did you even look into the stuff you posted? i'm going to start off by saying that i do personally believe that you have to cycle on and off with pre-workout supps and protein. the @#%$! just not natural and just from regular experience its easy to feel that ur digestive system can't constantly be taking high dosages of nutrients. it puts alot on ur digestive system to process it which is why im planning on getting off of supplements completely in like 2 months just to let my body flush out everything and "cleanse" my system.

the first source u posted can't be trusted since all it does is bash every other product and then try to sell you something in the end. i can't believe i wasted my time reading it. the next source according to consumer reports says it COULD be a health risk if you OVERCONSUME. then it goes on to say that those metals are found in regular foods like milk, eggs, rice, veggies, etc. (obviously in lower quantities but its still found in them.) And the amount would still be below the FDA limits even with overconsumption.

i think everybody knows that ideally whole foods is the best way to get ur nutrients, but shakes just makes it much more convenient and is also the quickest way to get protein to your muscles to rebuild with immediately after lifting which is like the "window of opportunity." for now im good with my shakes until i give my digestive system a break and flush all the bad that comes with the good of shakes out of my body.

There is no such thing as a window of opportunity.

There is no good that comes with shakes.  Its ALL marketing.

Originally Posted by Durden7

so you dont use proteine shakes and supplements, along with healthy food?

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Only food, no supplements. 

That's the route everyone should take.

Back
Top Bottom