TSS PRESENTS SMOKING SESSIONS WITH JOE BUDDEN

15x4zs8.jpg

TSS PRESENTS SMOKING SESSIONS WITH JOE BUDDEN

http://smokingsection.rawkus.com/TSS/?p=2779

TSS: Right. With the Mood Muzik series, I think that critically (whatever that means) people recognized that as your coming of ageas emcee. You talked about topics that you hadn't touched at least so publicly before. It represented a pivot in your standpoint, how you were approachingsongs. What birthed that kind of emotional response?

Joe Budden: Honestly, probably that type of music being shunned by the industry…from my side of the industry anyway. [People] told me thatthey were only concerned with the singles and they didn't give a !$%# about what else was on your album. That's not the generation I come from. I comefrom the one where you buy an album, put the tape in, read the credits and you listen to the whole thing - straight front to back. Whether it be Pete Rock andC.L. Smooth, Eric B. and Rakim, L.L… and the singles were - the majority of the time - the best album cuts. So I just came from a different place.That's where the mood music came from. That's probably what sparked it.

========================
TSS: What do you think the next elite class of legendary rappers will sound like?

JB: Hmm…I could be the $#*%@*$ and say they'll sound like me.

========================

TSS: Do you think that white hip-hop artists have more freedom to do vulnerable, introspective songs than black hip-hop artists do?

JB: No, I don't think so. But I think that their vulnerable music will probably be heard by a different audience who acceptsthem a little more than the black hip-hop audience. White people !$%# with rock and roll. Rock and roll is a genre of music that is based on nothing butemotion. In hip-hop, if you showcase any kind of vulnerability, any type of emotion, you're a "sucker." It's a fine line. Eminem didn'tcome out with "Cleanin' Out My Closet," he came out with "I'm Slim Shady." He came out with some other records before he was ableto hit people with "Eminem." He didn't create that formula. He didn't invent it. Anybody could do that same exact thing. It's about thepeople who will hear the music. On the "Pump It Up" album, that was the first single [then] I put "Focus" out, I put "Fire" out.Anybody who bought my album got to hear the "10 Minutes" and the "Calm Down"…you know, "Walk With Me" was on there. Idon't think it's much different.

You should have asked him how many people got shafted off of the pre-sales of MM3...

But on another note, I sent you a PM. I hope you get a chance to check it.

JG & SS good **@# as always, I can only imagine the headache dealing with schedules and artist's managers.

Joey is that dude- and he def comes off alot smarter than most of these cats...TSS
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

JG & SS good **@# as always, I can only imagine the headache dealing with schedules and artist's managers.

Surpisingly, this one went off w/o a hitch.

Back
Top Bottom