Two NYPD cops shot in the BX

Bros we gotta do better man, I haven't had the best of experiences with NYpD myself growing up in a *** area in the Bronx, but needless to say these are two human beings like the rest of us, you guys are passing harsh judgement based on their job description, *** is wild, as I've grown into an adult I've befriended too many cops before I even knew they were cops, to know that harnessing hate towards a badge is just wrong :frown:

That's like wishing death and ill upon Wal-Mart and McDonald's wage workers because they're members of an unethical corporation.

Can you not see the slippery slope that creates?

Believe it or not, there are cops that do their job by the book and are actually beneficial to the community.

By me pointing out that those that form the NYPD are apart of a department/union that has a history of brutality and continues to actively lobby to uphold unconstitutional policies/unjust laws I'm wishing death upon them?

Maybe next time you should slow down and try to comprehend what I'm saying.

For your final point, again, doesn't matter if a cop does his job by the book when the book is unconstitutional. Oh and your former point, false equivalency. Really comparing fast-food & wal-mart to a broken justice system?

Last edited:
Making a lot of good points here.

Just FYI, the actual patrols are not illegal.

But the evidence/testimony produced from a vertical patrol will be inadmissible in court if their isn't an additional justification for stopping the person

Right, the illegal search and seizures will be inadmissible.

But the truth is cops oft make up justification for probable cause.

To some is just a job to feed their families man...a paycheck no different than yours, they punch in and hope to make it back home after their shift...

Yall need to stop that "fight violence with violence" mentality. It'll only get worse before it gets better that way.
I don't know the details of this current situation involving the thread topic so completely aside from that, strictly addressing your viewpoint, at least things will get better. 

The status quote is horse ****. 

Making a lot of good points here.

Just FYI, the actual patrols are not illegal.

But the evidence/testimony produced from a vertical patrol will be inadmissible in court if their isn't an additional justification for stopping the person

Right, the illegal search and seizures will be inadmissible.

But the truth is cops oft make up justification for probable cause.

Indeed, basically exact same situation as the Stop n Frisk.
I just wanted to clear up that the patrol itself is not outlawed, but I see you're on it already

Last edited:
To some is just a job to feed their families man...a paycheck no different than yours, they punch in and hope to make it back home after their shift...

Well quite frankly, those types can go **** themselves.

Just like those who "serve our nation" without considering the other side of the matter. The innocent casualties caught in the middle, and the politics of it all.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. Simply following orders was the mantra of many a war criminal.

You know this already, I've been through this ad nauseam.

Last edited:
Indeed, basically exact same situation as the Stop n Frisk.
I just wanted to clear up that the patrol itself is not outlawed, but I see you're on it already

I should've expounded on that post, I appreciate you bringing it up however for further elaboration.

By me pointing out that those that form the NYPD are apart of a department/union that has a history of brutality and continues to actively lobby to uphold unconstitutional policies/unjust laws I'm wishing death upon them?

Maybe next time you should slow down and try to comprehend what I'm saying.

For your final point, again, doesn't matter if a cop does his job by the book when the book is unconstitutional.
I sort of mixed up yours and nawty's posts. My b. But still, it's tough to condemn every last single NY police.

I agree in that the practices (profiling, stop and frisk) are unethical, I wasn't talking about those obviously.

I'm talking about the cop who walks the beat and performs his job function within the spectrum of a good moral compass, they do exist.

That's why when I hear people say, "ah too bad, what about Oscar Grant?" when it's completely unrelated, it's like wtf?

Why are you so naive all the time man?

I'm not being naive bro, I'm being humane.

What if your your brother, sister, cousin, best friend had decided to join the force, would you still feel this way?...what if one day your kid grows up to become an officer? Would you show this type of apathy towards him....I'm not trying to start an argument bro, just saying not all cops are bad and you don't really know these two or the type of cops they were to show such a lack of sympathy for their misfortune.

I sort of mixed up yours and nawty's posts. My b. But still, it's tough to condemn every last single NY police.

I agree in that the practices (profiling, stop and frisk) are unethical, I wasn't talking about those obviously.

I'm talking about the cop who walks the beat and performs his job function within the spectrum of a good moral compass, they do exist.

That's why when I hear people say, "ah too bad, what about Oscar Grant?" when it's completely unrelated, it's like wtf?

No it isn't.

So long as they are part of a lobby that continues to uphold unjust laws & policies I'm not going to hear that.

So long as they continue to honor the BS thin blue line, putting their own ahead of those they vowed to serve and protect I will not hear that.

I will not hear any of it.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

So long as they are part of a lobby that continues to uphold unjust laws & policies I'm not going to hear that.

So long as they continue to honor the BS thin blue line, putting their own ahead of those they vowed to serve and protect I will not hear that.

So long as they will not actively hold one another to the same standards they hold the general public I will not hear that.

I will not hear any of it.
The point is not all of them do. Just because they wear the badge doesn't mean that they go around "Officer Walkering." There are literally police who make a career of directing traffic. How do you group them into the crowd that goes around profiling and harassing citizens?

If your mom was a NY citizen and was raped, you wouldn't want the NYPD investigating? Or if there was an arrest in the case, you wouldn't want the detective on the case testifying? You're just completely wiping your hands of all New York police?

The point is not all of them do. Just because they wear the badge doesn't mean that they go around "Officer Walkering." There are literally police who make a career of directing traffic. How do you group them into the crowd that goes around profiling and harassing citizens?

If your mom was a NY citizen and was raped, you wouldn't want the NYPD investigating? Or if there was an arrest in the case, you wouldn't want the detective on the case testifying? You're just completely wiping your hands of all New York police?

It's blatant anger driven ignorance....sad

No, sir, they all do. If you're part of the NYPD you're part of the PBA (Patrolmen's Benevolent Association).

Therefore they all actively have a hand in the lobby effort.

And miss me with the idea that they don't all uphold the thin blue line. They do, they absolutely all do. Generally cops don't testify against their own unless they're pretty much forced to do so to save their own ***.

It's blatant anger driven ignorance....sad

Ignorance?

Pray tell, point out one instance in this thread I have uttered anything remotely ignorant.

I can point out a couple on your part.

Ignorance you willfully turning the other cheek and reciting the tired "but not all cops" argument.

That argument has been beaten to death. It holds no water. Upon further scrutiny, it turns out that hey, everyone has choice in what they choose to do in life. Nobody HAS to be part of a corrupt police department.

UPS is hiring, I don't give a **** if your homies opted the cop route instead.

Last edited:
No, sir, they all do. If you're part of the NYPD you're part of the PBA (Patrolmen's Benevolent Association).

And miss me with the idea that they don't all uphold the thin blue line. They do, they absolutely all do. Generally cops don't testify against their own unless they're pretty much forced to do so to save their own ***.

So I take it if a crime is committed towards your kin you wouldn't want the involvement of said organization...?

So I'm guessing your answer to the last part is that you would want no part of the NYPD even if it was on them investigate the murder of your kin? And you also condemn their search and rescue efforts on 9/11? Just everything...

Back
Top Bottom