Two NYPD cops shot in the BX

Here is where you are naive and why some even claim you are being "young minded" is too hard for you to understand/accept that a person can join the force with the right mentality, with a good heart and once they are in get caught up in a foul system where their options are what?...quit and go work at McDonald's? Or play by their rules even if it goes against their morals, does that make them bad people to you?....even if they perform their duties with good intentions like many do that actually respect, protect and serve their community?...even though in the grand scheme, YES THEY ARE PART OF A VERY FLAWED SYSTEM....

You really gonna stand atop your high horse and pass judgement on them?? As if these people don't have families that depend on them...lmao life is not a video game kid.

Tap dancing champ over here.

Spitting walls of text and can't answer a simple YES or NO question.

It's not a simple yes or no question.

This is a complex issue, there are no simple yes or no answers.

I thought you were done? You over here on the sidelines just making noise.

Do you have anything pertinent to say?

It's not a simple yes or no question.

This is a complex issue, there are no simple yes or no answers.

I thought you were done? You over here on the sidelines just making noise.

Do you have anything pertinent to say?

Now is not that simple....a couple of hours ago you were smacking your chest screaming all that noise about how once you join the ranks you automatically forfeit anything good about you and just become a badge and should be judged based on your occupation and not your personal character.....but now is not as simple as yes or no.

Here is where you are naive and why some even claim you are being "young minded" is too hard for you to understand/accept that a person can join the force with the right mentality, with a good heart and once they are in get caught up in a foul system where their options are what?...quit and go work at McDonald's? Or play by their rules even if it goes against their morals, does that make them bad people to you?....even if they perform their duties with good intentions like many do that actually respect, protect and serve their community?...even though in the grand scheme, YES THEY ARE PART OF A VERY FLAWED SYSTEM....

You really gonna stand atop your high horse and pass judgement on them?? As if these people don't have families that depend on them...lmao life is not a video game kid.

Their options are to consider other opportunities prior to joining corrupt departments and perpetuating a broken system.

There are plenty of careers where one can make a difference in their community w/o donning a badge & carrying a gun.

You know this already. The truth is that people go into law enforcement haphazardly and don't consider the macro ramifications of our police system in its current state.

I don't care for excuses at this point.

Melobackpeddle is skrong in you.

The answer is simple NO not all cops are bad people....is that simple for me.

You having some internal struggles that you can't come up with a simple answer?....because answering yes makes you a stereotyping person probably no better than the type of cops you hate so much.

If you answer NO is simple we been on the same page, just not understanding each other.

Now is not that simple....a couple of hours ago you were smacking your chest screaming all that noise about how once you join the ranks you automatically forfeit anything good about you and just become a badge and should be judged based on your occupation and not your personal character.....but now is not as simple as yes or no.

Refrain from making up BS. I said nothing of that nature.

Melobackpeddle is skrong in you.

The answer is simple NO not all cops are bad people....is that simple for me.

You having some internal struggles that you can't come up with a simple answer?....because answering yes makes you a stereotyping person probably no better than the type of cops you hate so much.

If you answer NO is simple we been on the same page, just not understanding each other.

I haven't backpedalled once in this thread. Show me where I have.

I'm not about to water-down my position for your comfort level.

We are absolutely not on the same page, just for the record. We've not even in same chapter, at this point I'm not even sure you're reading from the same book.

Last edited:
Their options are to consider other opportunities prior to joining corrupt departments and perpetuating a broken system.

There are plenty of careers where one can make a difference in their community w/o donning a badge & carrying a gun.

You know this already. The truth is that people go into law enforcement haphazardly and don't consider the macro ramifications of our police system in its current state.

I don't care for excuses at this point.

View media item 1898988
Nah you don't throw blanket statements AT ALL.

You know for a fact how and why a person chooses to be a cop :rofl:

I haven't backpedalled once in this thread. Show me where I have.

I'm not about to water-down my position for your comfort level.

We are absolutely not on the same page, just for the record. We've not even in same chapter, at this point I'm not even sure you're reading from the same book.

YES OR NO!?

Do you believe all cops are bad cops/people?

Last edited:
YES OR NO!?

Do you believe all cops are bad cops?

I believe all cops are apart of a broken, ineffective, oppressive & corrupt justice system.

I believe all cops are part of unions that lobby to keep unconstitutional laws & policies in place.

I care not for their personal moral dispositions.

This **** is so blatantly ignorant, you are judging every single individual with a badge solely based off the institution that cuts them a check....bro I sure hope you practice law for free because anyone willing to pay you is out their mind.

What consequences??...do you think everyone with a badge killed an innocent black man?....harassed minorities, abused their power?....EVERY SINGLE ONE?

I believe every single one is apart of an unjust lobby group & that they all abide by the blue wall of silence.

I believe all cops are apart of a broken, ineffective, oppressive & corrupt justice system.

I believe all cops are part of unions that lobby to keep unconstitutional laws & policies in place.

***Drops mic.

:lol:

At some point if you're going to engage in ad hominem you have to naturally expect some back.

I've presented my point quite concisely. You have yet to make a valid counterargument. You're so caught up in your feigned, faux-outrage that you can't even slow down and think of this matter in a bigger picture kind of context.

At this point, I'm going to go ahead and skewer your character if you insist on attempting to pick away at mine.

Last edited:

***Drops mic.
I mean, what he's saying isn't false. If you aren't a part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

That's a very common train of thought. Is it the first time you've heard it?

I gave him the simple option of choosing between all cops are bad, or not all cops are bad...that's not a hard choice at all...one is a stupid blanket statement, the other is simple common sense, somehow his pride can't bring him to simply say, NO not all cops are bad people, because he somehow feels it dilutes the point he's trying to make about a corrupt system which nobody is arguing for....WE KNOW THE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT....doesn't make every individual workin for it, a corrupt person....that's pure ignorance.

Last edited:
I mean, what he's saying isn't false. If you aren't a part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

That's a very common train of thought. Is it the first time you've heard it?

There's no reasoning with some.

I summed it up in my second post.

What I'm simply saying is that there is no such thing as a cop doing their jobs in a "legal & ethical manner" when so many "legal" policies & practices are by nature unjust.

Period. So long as the policies & practices officers abide by are unconstitutional & oppressive, they are agents of oppression.

Doesn't help that many laws in this country are unconstitutional to begin with. Why sign up to uphold such laws? Why? Where is the excuse in that?

We know that we live in a for profit prison system that banks on recidivism & not rehabilitation. We know that most of our prison population are non-violent offenders. We know many of our laws victimize people from low-income backgrounds, many of whom are minorities, and make it unnecessarily difficult for those individuals to re-assimilate into society and find upward economic mobility.

Yet people still willingly go into law enforcement knowing these things. Or not knowing these things, ignorance is no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom