Two3 is dead... and no one cares??

Flip...

Stange...last time I saw you were rockin' that sickest sweater vest I had ever seen! :rofl:
roll.gif

Anyway...with the demise of this line and the renewed collaboration between Nike and FTL, Inc...I have been told that JB is coming out with a line called "Jordan Twenty" THIS holiday season...only @ Champs and Footlockers

I have no idea what "Twenty" refers to, just that it is coming out this holiday season...anyone else heard this?

It seems as though the XVIII clothes came out WELL before the XVIII's actually dropped and that the "cursive" Jordan clothes, aka the XIX clothes have all ready been out for some time...so, maybe that is it?

Any info would be helpful...

Thanks,

JM
KOBE TWO SAMPLES on eBay...CHECK THE LINK...​
[/b]​

i'm 6'6, a jordan fan and i like nice clothes without huge logos so of course i'm a huge two3 fan.
i only bought stuff from outlets and eastbay though because the clothes were too expensive.
the sizing was perfect for us tall fellas and i loved all the materials they used.
so of course i'm dissapointed that it's out of bizness but i saw it coming.
the prices were just ridicilous.
nike if you're reading this, keep that line alive!

'Sometimes...you gotta stick with the ancient ways. The old-school ways.'- Ghost Dog

I thought the Two3 line was expensive, but weren't most people buying them at the factory outlets anyways at a fraction of the price? I thought some of the two3 shirts were plani ugly while others were very nice, I just hope that the line is on hold and not DEAD

Thanks for news JM.

I doubt that "Jordan Twenty" is a replacement of sorts for Two3, however, is it will be sold exclusively at Champs and Foot Locker. MMyabe a seperate lable for the heavily athletic-inspired casual gear a la what Jordan pits out now?

Likewise, I doubt that JB would limit Air Jordan XX apparel to just FTL, Inc. That would not make good business sense. Besides, this winter would be more than a year early and actually the XIX clothes aren't out yet are they? I haven't seen anything with cursive lettering yet, only samples posted on here. The Fall JB collection is using the Old Englihs-style script lettering. The apparel to coordinate with a new Jordan generally drops a couple of months before the shoe at the earliest.

Anyhow, thanks for the information. Very intruiging. Anyone have some insight on this? Max? Manposite? CEO?

Working in an outlet store, I'll tell you that we've gotten almost every shoe in the Two3 line. They came in with their outlet prices ranging from 59.99 to 79.99 and they would sit on the shelf. They would go down to 29.99 and then half of them will sell. Then they will go down to 19.99 and the rest of them will go. There are some that went for 9.99 before. These are the same shoes that retail sometimes retail for $140.

Sad sad situation.

I agree with Ceddie in that the early Jordan fans have higher economic potential and could afford a better looking attire for their everday and business wears.

The marketing department really slipped up bad on this one. The whole up scale fashion design is big business and Two-3 was of better quality than any of the urban brands that I've sampled and fairly price with the more expensive brands associated with casual business wear.

I do have many pieces, my favorite was the Kid Dynomite sweater, the Silky Slim shearling, the Platinum Status jackets, and the Sub Saharan pants. These garments were exquisitely made but I believe the ultimate downfall was the lack of marketing to the obvious consumer.

Jordan began getting a street cred, even the gear Mike wore in to arenas seemed to be lacking the class of earlier years, so a dress line was being marketed to the wrong people. If Mike had worn TWO3 gear into arenas and made it more visible it would succeed, but alas it did not.

Hopefully things will continue so that we can still have some of the clothes we enjoy even if it is not a complete line.

AIM - bensbmr,Email - benzbmr@hotmail.com
For Sale: Movado Jr. Sport watch

i loved it. 2 sweater and tees. and the profilers i love those boots and the are the best neck breakers.
:::::::TEAM . anti . DS::::::::​
JORDAN​
allen​
Got the BEST Shot in the L​

So what's the deal with Two3 then? Will there be Two3 merchandise under JB? I guess I didn't even know they were separate lines.
"Whose game is it? It's Michael Jordan's game!" - Magic Johnson

Please check my profile for Jordans for sale, sizes 10-10.5.

It was just another bastardized, watered down line just like Jordan Brand itself. There's absolutly no need to create a different "department" just to have slippers and crap like boots with the Jumpman on them.

I prefer the days where there was an Air Jordan relesed every year, JB atheletes consisted of 1 player, and Nike put out an ocassional t-shirt.

Can it be that it was all so simple? :frown:
frown.gif

Hall Of Famer I 2001-2003

Hall Of Famer II 2003-2005

Hall Of Famer III 2005-2007

There were some nice pieces in the collections...

But also a lot of oddball stuff. Most of it was very different from what most people wear. What was up with all the strange headgear?
[/b]
Rocking that 'Lo for life​

Quote:
Jordan Twenty, referring to 1984-2004......20 years of Air Jordan ....

I was thinking the same thing. That would point to a one-time "commerative" line of sorts rather than an ongoing brand. Would this go along with what they told you JM?

As far as sizing goes, I don't see how that could be as much of a turnoff. Couldn't everyone just buy a size down? Unless you are smaller than a Men's M, that would seem like a viable solution here.

Also, the casual apparel in the Jordan Brand isn't the same as Two3. For example, the casual sweaters from Jordan Brand don't seem as subdued or elegant
as the ones in the Two3 line. I would provide photo evidence here, but I don't have the pitcures. Two3 just looks designer and the Jordan Brand sweaters look... like Jordan Brand sweaters. I think that there's room for both. What I'm trying to say is that you could get away wearing some of the Two3 sweaters to semi-formal events... not so with the Interchangeable Parts sweater, etc. Ditto for the casual pants, etc. Big difference on all counts.

In summation, it seems to me that most people overall are in agreement with my principle points from the original post. There are even people that have posted in this thread that didn't know Two3 existed. And they're on NikeTalk.

Hopefully someone at Nike - perhaps even MJ himself - will figure out that this concept still has an opportunity to do very well in the marketplace and give it another stab. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom