Typhoon Ondoy

[h3]A Relief Operations Drop-Off Center has been set-up at La Salle Greenhills beginning 9:00AM, Sunday, September 27. Those who are living in the nearby areas may bring their donations to Gate 2 of La Salle Greenhills, along Ortigas Ave.,Mandaluyong.[/h3]

ADMU: for people who would like to volunteer you can contact this number - 9203672 or go to Red Cross QC Chapter, QC Hall Gate 7 along Kalayaan Avenue.Different activities: 1st aid, packing of relief goods, call center etc. (Ateneans and QC people, please try to help)

dude sana pwede tyo magkitakita inom nalang tyo sa maulang gabi na to. lol. pero ayos na din, may internet dito sa kaibgn ko lol.

NICE CONTINGENCY PLAN GOVERNMENT.

People have been helpless for hours and our beloved government, which is supposed to have all sorts of these contingency plans when disasters likethis erupt, have exercised extremely poor response. Sadly, I would buy the excuse of the paralysis being attributed to "you can't really seriously goanywhere cause of the floods".

Also, the water system engineering is full of s**t. Thank the government agencies responsible for that.

Then again, we can't blame it all on the government. Let's also thank the people who throw their crap everywhere.

Hay.

But seriously, I pity those who are having a tough time. Hope they'll be better.

I just saw this on the news. I hope everyone is alright and gets through this safely. Insane pictures.
frown.gif

Im stuck in the office, spent the night here too.

I hope everyone is safe. My prayers are with the victims

preparing to go home, spent the night at the clinic, pls donate what you guys can to aid in relief

For those of us lucky not to be affected by the floods, let's just do what we can especially to those close to us who were not so fortunate. This was afreak of nature that no one can really expect nor prepare for. 90% of Metro Manila is now at a stand still and we will still feel the aftermath until thefollowing weeks. Let's just do what we can, no matter how small.

Here's a site that lists what we can do to help with regards to donations:

http://helpondoyvictims.wordpress.com/

...Or we can also help in our own little way. Check your friends and relatives. Offer your place if they need shelter or your car if they need some hauling ortransportation. Look for extra appliances lying around the house. Even small things like water heaters or mattresses are a big help as it's like startingfrom scratch for most of them.

Christ.

stay safe and keep it together fellas.hug and kiss your loved ones and try to make the best out of your current predicament.a typhoon of biblical proportionsneeds to be matched with an equally epic helping hand .let's not forget to help out others in this very trying time.

I know there are alot of places in Manila far more worst than this, but our area was never flooded like this before. Vehicles were stranded for more than 24hours.

f17167467dd9fa0f71a7cd515eb67a200b95bfa4.jpg

d57266346f718dcbf4a05c78878fb1333d8c876f.jpg

c82367e74139705fd4cffba004957b9c9b00b119.jpg

TO DONATE RED CROSS THRU GLOBE

KEY IN RED AMOUNT

ACCEPTED DENOMINATIONS ARE 5, 10, 25, 50 & 100

AND SEND TO 2899

I went to my son's school fair (school officials are dumb for not canceling it) and we had to spend the night at Crowne Plaza. I've never seenKatipunan submerged in water. It took us 2 hours to get to the hotel from Ateneo. We got one of the last two available rooms. I heard all of the hotels in thePasig area were fully occupied.

I hope all of you are doing fine after all this madness.

Cristine Reyes on the rooftop.
eek.gif
frown.gif

R.I.P. to the lives lost.

got stranded last night in edsa quezon ave. on our way to NLEX!

but then we heard in the news the NLEX was not passable,

so we decided to u-turn and go back nalang...

damn, i think this one's the worst in decades, seriously.

PS:
NDCC = National Disaster Coordinating Council?

>> yeah, they coordinated the disaster alright!

^taking a cue from FEMA.response time is absurdly slow.seriously,they need to get off their behinds and start crackin' on the relief effort.

Actually, the emergency response would be really hard to take action given the condition. Even the well-equipped US government during hurricane Katrina tooklong before they could react.

I had the same sentiments with regards to the slow response. But we really can't blame them.

I'm listening to DZMM live stream and they mentioned that there is another low pressure area heading to the Philippines and might turn into a tropicalstorm...in the next 3 days.Be safe everyone and let's help the needy.

Cristine Reyes was rescued by a speedboat and 2 jetskis after 12 hours.

Hundreds of people are still stuck on their roofs.

Back
Top Bottom