UC Berkeley Represent

Again, is anyone looking for a roommate or know anyone who is looking for a roommate. I am clean, pay rent on time, not loud, and am very laid back. Thanks.
Silicon Valley
Home to:
Apple - Cisco - EA - eBay - Google - HP - Intel - Oracle - Yahoo!​

three more years for me.. hopefully i'll be accepted in '10. i plan to major in integrative biology or psycology.

question: what's the minimum GPA does UCB accept? &how about activities outside school?
TEAM BIOLOGY
just take my hand &let's fly away ..

deereel, my girlfriend went there and graduated from their architecture program and now is at a firm in the city. I freaking hated it when I had to help her out at studio. A lot of the stuff that was taught there was useful to a point but, not really too practical when looking for a job. I remember interning at EHDD in the city and I really felt that there was so much that wasn't taught to me at Cal. Cal, makes you think outside the box, but in terms of trying to get a job it was my other 2 internships that got me my job. Cal was cool and all but, I would've liked it better if more people just acted true to themselves and not try so hard on being this or that.

Seriously what I've noticed having been a graduate I noticed that a lot of the people there tried to hard to be the ****. I pictured most if not all the people in my class being the class geek and tried desperately to shed that image once they hit Cal. I did on the other hand make a few friends while I was there and it turns out Cal Alumni are some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet.

Places to eat, most definitely make the Asian Ghetto (Steve's Korean BBQ in particular at the top of the list. Also Top Dog, a great place when you have those late night munchies.

If you have a girlfriend / sister / niece etc.. don't let them walk around in Berkeley at night be themselves cause it's just not safe. I figure this to be the case at most colleges but, right in the middle of the campus it's almost pitch black at night especially by the library. Hell, I didn't feel safe myself when I had to walk through campus at night and there was no way my girlfriend was going to do that.

Sporting events at Cal are the BESTtinys and your going to have whiplash from all the cuties that are going to be out. I found it tough to focus in class cuz there were 2 girls that were most definitely model material.

anybody lived in Bowles Hall? i'm not too excited to live there and it wasn't even one of my choices but somehow i got stuck there. is there any good things about it?

^transfer outta there. bowles is ALL GUYS and its far. you wont be having much fun there.
- - - - - TEAM JORDAN - - - - -
- - - - Mickael Pietrus - - - -​

yeah im trying to but i heard its hella hard to transfer out.

so im assumin there aint nothing good about bowles.

if you're an engineering major, bowles is close. i guess that's the only good thing I can think of.

sfknights - Cal's Architecture program does not prepare you for your first job as an Intern Architect. The program focuses more on theory and design than it does on the technical aspects of the industry. Even with the AutoCAD, 3D studio, and construction classes I took at Wurster, I wasn't ready for what laid ahead. It was a good thing I went to a firm where the principals were cal alum and would mentor me to learn what I needed.

But what Wurster did teach me was how to think outside of the box, how to have a big picture outlook on issues, and on how to approach solving problems, which is valuable to my position now.

Go to Top Dog after a night of drinking/partying.
- Get in where you fit in...and thats real....

if anyone was a transfer, what GPA did you have? I'm trying to transfer from UCSD as a mechanical engineering major. And what's the process you go through?
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Quote:
Berkeley summit?

sounds tight. let's get the ball rolling.
"Bathed in sweat, bent over and gasping for breath at the finish line, the athlete might have wondered aloud if this is what death must feel like. In time, this same athlete will surely realize the opposite. Indeed, this is what life feels like."

where should we have it?

i remember having a lil UC Berkeley summit my freshmen year...there was like 4 of us. we met at Baysics and ended up chilling at Fresh with Brandon and we got to check out Fresh before it opened and met Gejay.

lets do it big this time.

sup first off, what is the best way to sell books to CAL kids? is there some buy/sell forum for Cal students? i need to sell some books asap

Quote:
question: what's the minimum GPA does UCB accept? &how about activities outside school?

sup i didnt get in but hella ppl in my class did. idk bout min gpa but try to get a UC gpa of 3.8+, and do some extra curricular activities! I looked back and saw the difference between those accepted to CAL and those who werent.

Those accepted at least played a sport throughout HS (swimming, basketball, tennis, volleyball) and/or were involved in school activities ie ASB

I think SM kids have an advantage. so yea get those grades and have an extra curricular activity/sport for the rest of HS good luck!

Quote:
yeah im trying to but i heard its hella hard to transfer out.

my friend transfered out of clark kerr hella easily to unit 1! that sucks tho. have fun haha

Quote:
if anyone was a transfer, what GPA did you have? I'm trying to transfer from UCSD as a mechanical engineering major. And what's the process you go through?
FOR SALE:Black/Blue Grey Toe 19s size 9.5, White Air Zoom Hauarache 2k4 sz10,
EMAIL me @ fifaboy03@gmail
TEAM BAY AREA​

does anyone know how difficult it might be to TRANSFER IN?

i'm posted down in UC Irvine, but SoCal sucks, and i love the bay and Cal
end transmission

^yea i'm in your boat too, i heard it's hard to transfer in from UCs, they mostly take JuCo transfers. from another thread i heard 3.5+ for most majors and above that for engineering but i'm not sure. it's tough though, that's a given.
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Back
Top Bottom