UCI or UCSB?

So I'm a senior and I already have guaranteed admissions to UCI or UCSB.
And both are my top choices.

Which school do you think is better?
Opinions would be helpful thanks!

UCI!!!! zot zot!!! c/o 2004

it basically boils down to this... demographics. lots of white people (SB) or lots of asian people (UCI) haha. im asian if that matters.

i like uci since it wasnt too far from LA and i like irvine the city, well at least on the weekdays. its boring like no other on the weekends, but then againive heard its changed, but i doubt a lot.

UCI is coming up within the UC system so thats another good reason for UCI in my opinion.

-1 out of every 4 females at UCSB has an STD
-All UCs are boring because they're academic
-UCSB is isolated and not much to do
-UCI isn't too far from LA and you can honestly find more to do

anyone know why there was a grip of people standing outside of that in n out by uci at like 2 am????

because there is nothing better to do haha^

UCSB if you want to have tons of fun while getting your ed, UCI if you don't care about fun. Irvine is literally the most boring city in OC.

I went to Irvine too. Irvine is about an hour from some koo party spots. LA, Riverside, SD, Mexico. OC itself has a decent night life, I heard the clubs arebetter now than they were when I was there in '04. It's also 50% Asian so it's up to you whether or not that's good. It is boring on theweekends in the dorms though because a lot of people go back home during the weekend. But it's not too far from the other cities in the OC, I thinkthere's more to do in the OC than SB. Reputation-wise, I think UC Irvine > UCSB. SB does have their crazy Halloween parties though and basically everyweekend, it's crackin in Isla Vista/Del Playa. Primarily White people, right next to beach.

UCSB, cause I spend every Halloween and visit there like 10 times a year and everytime I go is crazy, plus the snowbunnies are on some other tip

i had the same choice when i had to transfer schools...i chose UCI because I already had friends there, but I always wondered what UCSB would've been like.Yeah the "AZN" majority was something else, as I really didn't care to be a part of it.

Had to make the same decision about a year and a half ago. I'm from south-central LA and go to UCSB...wasn't ready for all the white people!...butit's a great school, never a dull weekend, parties almost 7 days a week. Hottest girls hands down compared to any UC, and you'll understand why comeHalloween and summertime. YOU WON'T REGRET GOING TO SB.

uci got girls girls girls....ratio there is 2:1 when i went there and this is from US News. UCI is right by the beach (same as SB) however, UCI is near LA assomeone said where SB is about a few hours away (2-3 hours I believe). Personally, I liked UCI a lot but definitely visit the campuses to get a vibe of notjust the school but the community around it. Good luck!

ucsb is boring at some times, but the weekends always have parties. and the ratio of men to women is heavily on the woman side. it's very laid back here.
the STD thing is BS, it's like the national average.
you should choose depending on the major

ghettokrn (ghetto korean i assume) ^ you obviously didn't go to college
laugh.gif
. "you have better picking up rich girls for yourwifey" learn how to put a sentence together before you respond.

Both are good, UCSB is if u want a more "college" atmosphere IMO, since there has got to be way more of that partying stuff. the dudes i know who goto UCSB got some girls pregnant already
laugh.gif
and had kids..it does boil down to "Asian" or "white" imo but that's just me. UCSB will bemore fun, UCI will be a little more traditionally boring (like UCSD, where i go.)

ucsb is boring.
except on the weekends.
but other than that it's very boring.

there are a lot of asians at uci.

looking to party, if so then SB is the way to go. actually its the place to be to catch something too.

I did campus visits at both schools a millions years ago when I was a senior. I also have friends who go to both schools and I've visited both of them inIrvine and in Isla Vista, the neighborhood that is right next to UCSB.

If you want to go to school and live in an off campus apartment in a neighborhood that is probably a clone of the suburban neighborhood from whence you came,if you like the idea of going to college in a town that rolls up its sidewalks at 9:00 pm, you want most of your off campus housing to mostly be filled withnon students and you want to shop and eat at chain establishments, go to UCI.

If you want a college town atmosphere, parties and neighborhoods that are populated by other students, go to UCSB.

Santa Barbara also has much, much better looking girls.

Irvine does have two advantages though, relative proximity to LA and warm beaches are only a few miles from where you'd be staying.

Both schools are about the same in terms of academics, which is what matters the most. If you can handle distractions go with SB but if you really want a calmplace to study and/or cannot handle distractions, go with Irvine.

uci for sure. hottt azn girls if tahts what your into. i live in irvine but dont go to uci. hoping to transfer there next year.

UCSB!

I practically live there for nearly 2 years, it was dope, but not near anything, even Ventura is a bit of ways. UCI is closer to LA, but I heard UCI has nofemales.

If you like clubbing and going to Laker games or going to establishments that are exclusively in LA then UCI's proximity to LA is a very big plus.

If you like being near a city mostly because it has a wide variety of restaurants and places to shop then consider UCSB because it is only a few miles awayfrom State Street in down town Santa Barabra and State Street has all of the high end retailers that LA has, as well as specialty stores and a lot of greatrestaurants.

The University and the student neighborhood are both a few miles west of Santa Barbara, on the small unincorporated piece of land called Isla Vista. Theactually City of Santa Barbara is a few miles East on the 101 freeway. Remember that the city of Santa Barbara may be small in population and far from othercities but it is no hick town, many of its residences are affluent and are from LA and therefore much of the city of Santa Barbara is like a slice of LA,except cleaner and with generally better architecture.

thanks for the opinions.
seems kinda 50/50 right now.

if it helps, i'm filipino & live in san diego currently. haha.

you should def go to ucsb...every1 i know from uci is a commuter who hate it....this being from local oc hs

Back
Top Bottom