UMIINIT DITO II

Ikaw pinakamatanda dito loko!
laugh.gif
I wasn't trying to make a fool out of you. C'mon man. People in the JB Forum get it worse.
laugh.gif
Kidding aside.Collectors have so much to choose from now. The way I see it, everything is watered down. For people to have these rare PEs is something special I guess. I wasnever a fan of PEs anyway. I can still remember not too long ago when PEs were free if you know the right people. Then some ++**# started making money byselling them.
smh.gif
Then Nike caught up and opened HOH with FL.
laugh.gif
During my time, wearing Jordans was already the ultimate thing to have and Nike would onlyrelease a couple of colorways each year. Now you get various models every couple of weeks in whatever colorway you want to match your fitted and Polo.
smh.gif

So probably the Jordan heads who are tired of the releases every week and whack colorways are shifting to Lebrons (which aren't as abused YET). I guessit's the "PARA MAI-BA" reason too. But me personally, I don't see myself going hard after his kicks until he's proven his worth. (Again,that's just me.) Parang sayang sa pera, baka wala naman binatbat talaga eh. That's why I'm curious what drives these serious hardcore Lebronheads....

On the other hand, I don't collect KOBES either. That's a different story...

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

So probably the Jordan heads who are tired of the releases every week and whack colorways are shifting to Lebrons (which aren't as abused YET). I guess it's the "PARA MAI-BA" reason too. But me personally, I don't see myself going hard after his kicks until he's proven his worth. (Again, that's just me.) Parang sayang sa pera, baka wala naman binatbat talaga eh. That's why I'm curious what drives these serious hardcore Lebron heads....

Maybe its really the faith they have for this player plus their passion for shoes. I mean, its great to have your idol's shoes in your collectionright? If you can get it, why not?

Hopefully the Chosen One doesn'f fail us all.. Kaya nga para safe lang, i collect his GR only... lol

^Guys actually i have a plan after the successful released of XX3,i will shift from Air Jordan's to LeBron's
roll.gif
roll.gif

Serious inquiry to all those collecting the not-so-GR lebron kicks,

Not hating on the guy or his shoes (I'm a Bron fan too. I collect his shoes too but half the retail price.)... But has the dude proven anything yet that you'd be willing to shell out big bucks for these exclusive kicks? I know he has gotten a lot individual awards, but what if he never gets a ring? What will happen to your expensive collection? Take the case of the Penny's, Foamposites, Barkley's, VC's... What if in 5-7 years he becomes just a regular player like what Vince Carter is now and still without a ring? Are you buying these kicks thinking he's the next Jordan Brand? Or just because of the hype that you own them while other people don't? No offense, but if for example those fruity pebbles were like Shaq's shoes in Payless, I doubt anyone would get those...

Jordan's, however, are self-explanatory...they are JORDANs worn/created by JORDAN aka G.O.A.T. (6 rings hello) But Lebron, okay, he's living up to the hype.. but hype is nothing without a ring...So I ask again, if Bron bron never gets a ring in his career, paano na ang magarang koleksiyon nyo?
your reasons for what a "collection" should be is somewhat skewed. a collection is something that the collector cherishes, regardlessof what value anyone else has to it. let me give you an example. i am a big fan of starbury and i have a collection of his "cheap" sneakerline. weall know what starbury's current reputation is and it is very doubtful that his kicks will be worth anything to anyone else but me. but do i feel i wastedmy money? no, because im a starbury collector.
also, a players on-court accolades doesnt necessarily translate to sneaker value. jordan is THE only player to have such an impact in the sneaker world. Butthe value of other players kicks are right up there as well. examples that come to mind are pippen, barkley, kidd, penny. their sneakerlines didnt last aslong as jordans but DS pairs of their OG kicks can fetch 300+ if a person can even find them.
shaq and duncan, on the other hand, who did win numerous championships, didnt translate to a wide scale of shoe collectors.
i personally like lebrons line. i like the design, the colorways, the "chase" factor. its a challenge. i personally dont pay retail either for theGR releases. i dont even pay half. and all the PEs i have were acquired either at retail or less than "market" value.
personally its not "para maiba" or not having anything else to spend money on..just the love for the kicks.
i personally dont like the lebron 5s but i ended up copping the colorways i liked..namely the wht/navy..mr basketball..and yankee. but i knew that i wouldnttry to get all the colorways coz i personally didnt like how some of the colors were used.
long read..but i hope i kinda helped.

I'm not a big fan of the LeBron series but the LeBron II are one of my absolute favorite basketball shoes of all time. I also like the fruity pebbles!

Jordan didn't have a championship ring yet when I started buying J's... I like Lebron and I do buy some of his sneakers... Mostly GR except the ChinaIII's which I really love. If I had the dough to spend on some dunkmans or fruity pebbles, I'd definitely pull the trigger. Wouldn't want to waitfor Lebron to win a ring before buying whatever LBJ shoes I like because I wouldn't be able to afford it...

^^^ Agree with Melonhead on his point of collecting for pure love of the sneaker. In my case, however, when I collect I ALSO look at how much the pair could beworth several years down the road. That way, I get the sneakers I like and when the time comes when I will have to retire from the sneaker game, I wouldn'thave to lose money liquidating them.

I don't really use the kicks that I buy unless they are worth less than P10k. Nasasayangan ako ang that's my opinion about nice and expensive sneakers.90% of the kicks I have bought, I have bought at "appreciated" or "hyped up" prices and so sayang kung gamitin. I know for sure that oneday, my passion for sneakers will die down and I will be forced to let some of them or all of them go and it would be good to be able to at least recover whatI paid for them in case that happens. All the kicks that I have were bought with HARD-EARNED money and so it it would really be painful if I had to sell themat a loss.

I wouldn't want to be posting on Ebay and saying MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN
grin.gif

That's my opinion about things but I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. To each his own. That's why it's always better to RESIST THEHYPE and just buy stuff that you REALLY REALLY truly like

tru that guys... but hey how come nobody appreciate DENNIS RODMAN here... i guess he had more shoe realeases than BARKLEY???? hmmmm... give a worm a chance...

about collecting kicks.. its not even about the value of a shoe has and will have.. but basically its our feeling of relentlessly thinkn about it before wesleep at night.... right?

i still want some pebbles... and i dont care if its someone else's loss.... hehehehehehe

and hey rev save some doech j2's for me ok....

buy kicks that will make you happy and you'll be fine...personally in my opinion Jordans are still the best but Lebrons are also cool.. plus i respectother peepz opinions cuz we all have different taste in kicks

For me even if i haven't collected much coz i just started 2 years ago, what important are the people the we meet and talk with along the way, this help usearn new friends from all walks of life, collectors, resellers, nike store staff and even old friends who extends their hands when we need their help coz wecannot cop the shoes for ourselves at that very moment....

here are couple of my pick ups...thanx to my hook up for the yankee and to **** for picking it up for me...
v8j2ig.jpg
2ln9t9f.jpg
ds thunder iv's
2mbq15.jpg
11l4mc7.jpg

A few weeks ago Screech had contacted me as he was selling some (supposed to be) rare Jordans..
As it turns out they were some chop-chop-altered-butchered shoes...SMH

I'm glad he turned down my offer for those Concords 45..
In turn I got these instead..

2nqbqec.jpg

ayacth.jpg

lz81j.jpg

148qiqc.jpg

vhu8y.jpg

15rxutk.jpg

4qk4yo.jpg

dopeness visrael!gotta love the green patent!picked these up last night.nalove at first sight ako...i immediately went to the cash machine only to find outsome rogue jack0ff employee sold my 11.5's to some random guy.some dude straight up bogarted my pair.i love the Sb-esque feel of it.
307763837.jpg

now for the KC shot,sittin' sideways

307763838.jpg

Back
Top Bottom