UMIINIT DITO II

Originally Posted by revelation218

Awesome photos pareng swooshie!!! Are you a professional photographer?? I love what you did with the lighting. Makes the kicks look really unique and cool. Babaeng half naked nalang ang kulang diyan hehehehehe Nah, just kidding.

If you feel those are HEAT, then those are HEAT. As I always say, HEAT is in the eyes of the beholder. But generally speaking, those are HOT kicks pare!!!! Keep it up!!!

@blackmambaKB2: Thanks man, IMHO i like it because its my type of design... geeting out of the ordinary if i may say.
glasses.gif

@revelation218: Pareng Rev, alot of thanks. No not a pro photographer, just a hobbiest loving the craft of capturing photos... Thanks for that, i just wantedto be creative at a point but to be honest anyone can do what i did. Its just a matter of positioning the light to creat the effect that you desire. Yeah onlything missing is a half naked model or a model just wearing the shoe... only the shoe... hahaha!

Thanks, well as someone who cant splurge too much on shoes (as i have multiple hobbies or interest), this is already heat for me. But you guys are the onesbringing HEAT to us. But kicks is part of my life and i get what i like reasonably... thanks pare...
glasses.gif

@Marcuskicks: waddup bro, thanks man... great that you got your pair!
happy.gif

kingcrux31 wrote:

Originally Posted by revelation218

If you feel those are HEAT, then those are HEAT. As I always say, HEAT is in the eyes of the beholder. But generally speaking, those are HOT kicks pare!!!! Keep it up!!!

Contrary to what you know and what you've stated several times on this board, HEAT is actually determined by others' opinions, NOT by the owner, except for the usual suspects (i.e OG Js, PEs, hyperstrike/quickstrike).

When it comes to posting stuff here on UMIINIT DITO or other threads/forums for posting hot kicks, I stand corrected. Sorry about that, pareng KC, andthanks for calling it out
smile.gif

Well, all I am really trying to say is don't let the kicks of other people determine whether or not what you have is HOT or not. If you really like aparticular shoe and have it, then I must say you have heat. Don't let the stuff of others hang you up. HEAT still lies on the eyes of the beholder
happy.gif
I really believe in that but it's just that when it comes toposting stuff, KC is right, you should consider the opinion of others regarding a particular shoe being hot or not before posting
wink.gif
wink.gif

And pareng James, I know what could happen to my kicks in this kind of weather and considering what happened to pareng KCs kicks, I might have to let go ofsome of the 'em. No regrets, pare. But I am seriously considering your idea of sending some of them to Maryland though, that's if you shoulder theshipping and handling costs
roll.gif
Good thinking
roll.gif

And I think someone asked if that post was a for sale post or something, it is not. Not selling any of the kicks on the photos I just posted
wink.gif
Those are what I consider my grails and so they will be the last to go

Great kicks as always pareng bong, now thats HEAT for me!
glasses.gif

@Kingcrux: thanks for the info man, well you do have a point. several pairs of mine which i use often has found its resting place. Only thing i do is justdonate it to charity and give those people who cant afford have a piece of shoes. kinda torn but still wearable...

Great stuff guys...
happy.gif

zs2camo1al3.jpg

zs2chinakd1.jpg

nikeshoxbb4yg6.jpg

cant pass up a $15 deal

marionoptimalshoxeq7.jpg

jordanvgreypinkmq1.jpg

time to buy some shoes for my boss... pampalubag loob hehehe.. kiddin..

kobemvpde3.jpg

yeah wala akong hd mamba na gandang box but i have this hehehe.. pangalis lang ng bad trip coz wlng ksma na supreme box yung mamba ko
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

bingbongers, aren't you afraid of the philippines weather killing all your shoes?
90% of my collection died (even DS ones) after a couple of years in storage even after I carefully watched over every pair.

Air Jordans II-VIII (midsoles crack)
Air Jordan XI-XIIV, XVII, XVIII (outsoles peel off)
80's-mid 90's runners and trainers (midsoles crack/midsoles peel off)
Uppers crack or turn to dust

No lie.

With this type of weather, people should stick to Dunks and AF1s.

I feel you on this one KC, I've had shoes turn into dust too.. the humidity here is just something else..

^ very true.... that's why I'm wondering why some don't really rock their kicks. Bottomline is.... it's still a shoe. It's made to be worn.

Why would you buy them anyway if they're just for display or show-off. (no offense on anybody here) A shoe only last about 5-10 yrs. maybe?

me me!!! dami akong signed vc shoes and jersey! hehehe.. just gotta take pix of them.. too bad vince is not that popular anymore..

Originally Posted by MarcusKicks

Originally Posted by blackmambakb24

Originally Posted by goldenjumpman

Originally Posted by MarcusKicks

Originally Posted by goldenjumpman

^where? do they still have size 9?

nike stadium at powerplant, no size 9 bro, i got the last pair size 8.
happy.gif

mackie - hahaha yeah! many thanks to you and kim.
pimp.gif
tired.gif

thanks bro..

btw, powerplant is the only stadium branch that received the mambas?

yup.. and got sold out right away.. good thing for you mackie that your size 8.. hehehe.. compared to size 10.5 to 11..
sick.gif
lots of competition.. damn..

its marcus bro hehe

actually im size 8.5 - 9. its the last pair so i cant complain haha

I was thinking of getting those last pair 8's but I passed last minute.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by likuidmental

bingbongers, aren't you afraid of the philippines weather killing all your shoes?
90% of my collection died (even DS ones) after a couple of years in storage even after I carefully watched over every pair.

No lie.

Have you ever tried ZipLock Bags and some Silica Gel?

I've tried everything except for a room with a controlled temp and humidity (like a walk in humidor). Trust me, ziplock bags and silica packs won'tslow down the aging process.

Bong. I think what you're trying to say is BEAUTY is in the eyes of the beholder. Go with what you like, di ba?But one thing though, one's liking for a particular shoe doesn't always equate to it being heat.

my kicks is in my basement (cold and dry) and its inside the box (no silica or zip locks).. hnd kaya magyeyelow or magcracrack?

^^^^ Pareng Jojo. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my posts. Totally got your point on the HEAT thing, pare
wink.gif

I guess I was just being very subjective than technical about it that's why it looked like we were not on the same page. Thanks for your inputs, they arewell noted
smile.gif

Storing your shoes in the basement is a big NO NO.

One of the best thing I learned from this board is..

"Better deal with dust than molds..." - Ceddie

Air your sneakers out.

And save yourself a bunch of money.

^^ Thanks for the info Sir Jojo....I'll do that with my kicks since I'm gonna be leaving them back home in our province with indefinite date ofreturn...
I will surely miss them....

Great insights here on sneaker storage and preservation. I store everything that I consider as grails in my bedroom where there is airconditioning 4-8 hours. Malaking tulong na rin yun, kahit papaano. And my bedroom is in the 2nd level of the apartment where the temperature is generally better whole year round. AndI place them in OPEN hefty bags with several packets of silica gel around them and store them in the closet where it is dark, the temperature is cooler andwhere I place a DEHUMIDIFIER.

However, I regularly take them out so they can breath some fresh air. Leather needs air to breath through it or it will also lose it's natural moisture andget brittle. This, however, only delays the aging process, which is, inevitable like KC said. There is a very informative thread on sneaker maintenance here onNT. I remember dropping by that thread before and discovered the wonders of SEA GLOW and BARKEEPERS friend for restoring kicks.

I don't know but when I was still playing a lot of ball, I used to rock on every shoe I could get my hands on. Now that I have laid low on playing ball andhave ballooned to 250lbs, I just love looking at kicks and taking care of them. I guess it comes with age
roll.gif
And besides, I am not really the type who would use a pair of hi-cut shoescasually
happy.gif
I only use low cuts if I am not playing ball. Additionally,most of the kicks I have collected are more than 7 years old and are no longer safe to wear. I would rather rock on the newer models coz they are more comfyand are still durable and safe to use either casually or for balling.

No lie.

True... Dunks, Jordan I's, and AF I's have the longest lifespan.
smokin.gif

Storing your shoes in the basement is a big NO NO.

One of the best thing I learned from this board is..

"Better deal with dust than molds..." - Ceddie

Air your sneakers out.

And save yourself a bunch of money.
I agree on this 100% Jojo... As much as i want to store the kicks i buy and let it sit in a prestine, crease less condition. I use it once in a while.IMHO id rather have kicks with crease that i wear often. Than perfect looking shoes and several years after. Sole gets off the shoe it self or a cracksstarting to get bigger and bigger. I kinda experienced this on some shoes of mine. Just like my OG AJ 14's. Wore it, beat it up back in College then storedit. Then 5 years after, decided to wear it to go mallling! BOOM! Sole got left on the floor while my feet in the shoe is on air. Short story if i may relay...(Boss, boss i think this is part of your shoe) Wow! what an embarassing experience.

revelation218 wrote:
However, I regularly take them out so they can breath some fresh air. Leather needs air to breath through it or it will also lose it's natural moisture and get brittle. This, however, only delays the aging process, which is, inevitable like KC said. There is a very informative thread on sneaker maintenance here on NT. I remember dropping by that thread before and discovered the wonders of SEA GLOW and BARKEEPERS friend for restoring kicks.

hi bong, is sea glow and barkeepers available locally? if not, where's the best site online to order for them? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom