UNC Jordan 9 2019

Win Like '82 IX's.

Nah chief these colorway was conceived in 2002 way before the win like 82.

Also peep the direction of the jumpman on the heel.
upload_2019-1-9_22-31-59.jpeg

This colorblocking works better on the IX than it does on XI. Sold my XI after a couple wears...
gonna pass on IX regardless.

You have to be ******* me. They removed the phrases. It's bad enough they didn't change the Jumpman direction. One of the reasons why the 2016 9s weren't worth it.

Okay i had dig a little deeper.
But the hi-cut blue pearl were seeing is big kids size not a men size. So mens sizes might have the phrases. Weird.
This is the air jordan 9 statue colorway below in kids.(no phrases)
B8B11B97-9C73-4C47-9105-8C6C6923BCF7.png

These are mens sizes
upload_2019-1-10_0-38-41.jpeg

Had to clear it up, hope not confuse people.

But we all know Jordan Brand be tripping.

Okay i had dig a little deeper.
But the hi-cut blue pearl were seeing is big kids size not a men size. So mens sizes might have the phrases. Weird.
This is the air jordan 9 statue colorway below in kids.(no phrases)
B8B11B97-9C73-4C47-9105-8C6C6923BCF7.png

These are mens sizes
upload_2019-1-10_0-38-41.jpeg

Had to clear it up, hope not confuse people.

But we all know Jordan Brand be tripping.

Thank you for researching further. I hope that's the case but they should still have the phrases but the children sizes of the 3s and the 4s have "Jordan" or a Jumpman on the outsoles respectively.

Easy pass, like I said JB stay trolling. They knew full well that we were expecting the real UNC even if the color code had midnight blue on it. :smh:

Easy pass, like I said JB stay trolling. They knew full well that we were expecting the real UNC even if the color code had midnight blue on it. :smh:
No, that was purely on Pinoe77 and whoever else first leaked it. Because of the leakers, blogs spread the rumor that the Powder Blue would return. That was not on JB at all. MAny in here knew it would be the pearl 9 high

Years ago, the actual catalog product pic(usually a colored in stencil) used to drop and give folks an idea of what to expect. Pinoe77 and zsneakerheadz do not get these product catalogs, just pics. ZSneakerheadz is a great guy, but because he’s pretty young, and may not know about older retros like the pearl 9 Low and Sample, his first thought was the powder blue 9. Same goes for Pinoe77 who is older, but is a new sneaker head. SAme thing happened with the Air jordan 4 being reported as Gucci, when it’s actually the Italian inspired Do the right thing 4s.

Last edited:
No, that was purely on Pinoe77 and whoever else first leaked it. Because of the leakers, blogs spread the rumor that the Powder Blue would return. That was not on JB at all. MAny in here knew it would be the pearl 9 high

I never saw any leaks or anything, I saw the color and was hoping for the best.

I never saw any leaks or anything, I saw the color and was hoping for the best.
The Powder Blue 9 would’ve been something like White/Black- Powder Blue, or White/ University Blue- Black.

The Powders are due though, it’s the 25th Anniversary of the OG right?

The Powder Blue 9 would’ve been something like White/Black- Powder Blue, or White/ University Blue- Black.

The Powders are due though, it’s the 25th Anniversary of the OG right?

Done right...I’m in. I can deal with the reverse Jumpman, but that 23 on the back looks nasty on the back, or on any white based 9

It’s crazy, I remember seeing the Powder Blue sit all throughout 2010. Crazy how they were one of the last 9s to have somewhat of the classic 9s shape and the correct jumpman. Since Jordan Brand still hasn’t reversed the Jumpman, i don’t even think I’d be excited.

I don’t mind the wrong jumpman on retro+, but with OGs, it’s like having a jumpman on a retro 3-6 where everything but the branding is correct.

Back
Top Bottom