Under Armour Curry 8

They fixed it. Pretty sure they will cancel. They cancelled my Curry order before so they won't hesitate to do it here.

UA cancelled orders but gave 25% code that could be used on that colorway but only good until 24 hours. Gonna use it on something else.

did UA change their return policy? IIRC, they used to be okay with you trying out the shoes on court and being able to return it still. I think Nike and Adidas still allow this.

White/gold in stores. I tried a pair on and they’re pretty comfortable. This is a nice way to intro the Steph brand.

Nelson loves em.

They're really great shoes. thapointguy thapointguy helped me with the assist, good lookin out. I said it on the Kobe VI thread, but these shoes are like what you would expect it would feel like when Black Panther puts on those shoes in Shuri's lab. They fit me instantly. In the video dude says if you're a wide footer you wouldn't have his issues, and indeed I'm a wide footer and had none of any of the downsides he mentioned. So he had to tighten his, while mine felt perfect and I barely had to tighten them, just tie them. He's not lying about the traction, it's unreal and in a good way.

But having bigger wider feet left me with the disadvantage that means they'll be going back to ua for me. The heel tab. If you watch his video, his ankle never gets anywhere near it when he's standing, only when he points his toes. For me, it was rubbing on the back of my ankle from jump. But I had on low socks. Switched em to thicker socks that go up to the calf. Still an issue. Switched em to thinner socks that go up to the calf. Still an issue. Ran, jumped, planted. Can feel it every step. I contemplated cutting it off because all it seems to be for is like a flexible flyease thing to get your foot in, but I don't need that. But if I cut it off and it leaves the jagged stub inside now I've wasted my money. Additionally the grip is helped by having a wide base for the sole, but that base doesn't work for me because it makes the shoe too wide for a player like me. I wasn't going to post any of this cause who cares about my specific feet anyway, but I was watching the video to see if he had a way around it and was surprised to see he didn't have the issue at all.

I highly suggest getting these if you want a super comfortable shoe with incredible traction. I can't speak to ballin in em because my indoor spots are still closed. Dude rated this the best curry, and aside from the literal achilles heel of the product, I'd agree. The 2 is my personal favorite (and the 2.5 since it shared the traction), but were it not for this one thing this shoe would be it, assuming it felt as great on court as it does trying them on. I guess I just have bad luck with the Curry line in the last few models.

The 3Zero III was dope for me, and when I saw the images of the 3Zero V I wanted those more than the 8s, so hopefully those release soon.

Igoudala.
740BDBB3-3196-4A90-AADD-771DD90ACE58.jpeg
61FA76AF-C483-4386-9141-59B75078B8F8.jpeg

Tried these in at one of the Brand Houses yesterday. Very very comfortable. Sizing is subjective but these definitely run short in my opinion. Didn’t try on a .5 up but I would recommend doing so as I comfortably couldn’t go TTS. Obviously this is just my take (FYI: I’m NOT a wide footer) but overall seems like it could be a performance beast if you can get sizing to work for you.

JS”

They're really great shoes. thapointguy thapointguy helped me with the assist, good lookin out. I said it on the Kobe VI thread, but these shoes are like what you would expect it would feel like when Black Panther puts on those shoes in Shuri's lab. They fit me instantly. In the video dude says if you're a wide footer you wouldn't have his issues, and indeed I'm a wide footer and had none of any of the downsides he mentioned. So he had to tighten his, while mine felt perfect and I barely had to tighten them, just tie them. He's not lying about the traction, it's unreal and in a good way.

But having bigger wider feet left me with the disadvantage that means they'll be going back to ua for me. The heel tab. If you watch his video, his ankle never gets anywhere near it when he's standing, only when he points his toes. For me, it was rubbing on the back of my ankle from jump. But I had on low socks. Switched em to thicker socks that go up to the calf. Still an issue. Switched em to thinner socks that go up to the calf. Still an issue. Ran, jumped, planted. Can feel it every step. I contemplated cutting it off because all it seems to be for is like a flexible flyease thing to get your foot in, but I don't need that. But if I cut it off and it leaves the jagged stub inside now I've wasted my money. Additionally the grip is helped by having a wide base for the sole, but that base doesn't work for me because it makes the shoe too wide for a player like me. I wasn't going to post any of this cause who cares about my specific feet anyway, but I was watching the video to see if he had a way around it and was surprised to see he didn't have the issue at all.

I highly suggest getting these if you want a super comfortable shoe with incredible traction. I can't speak to ballin in em because my indoor spots are still closed. Dude rated this the best curry, and aside from the literal achilles heel of the product, I'd agree. The 2 is my personal favorite (and the 2.5 since it shared the traction), but were it not for this one thing this shoe would be it, assuming it felt as great on court as it does trying them on. I guess I just have bad luck with the Curry line in the last few models.

The 3Zero III was dope for me, and when I saw the images of the 3Zero V I wanted those more than the 8s, so hopefully those release soon.

Did you go up in sizing? How was the length? I’m already a sz 15, and these look big to begin with. That full size up suggestion from the video has me wondering.:ohwell:

My order just came in. Cant wait to try these on. I always love how the curry' line moving one generation to the next g. Unfortunately, wouldnt able to copped the 1, 5 n 6. Anyhow, i own the 2, 2.5, 3, 3zer0, 4, 7, and now the 8.
FYI
2, 3, 3zer0 i wear a 10
2.5 n 4 10.5

Now to the 8 i ordered online didnt notice they dropped in store. I m from HK only 3 UA stores in the area and only 2 carries the 8 n basketball stuffs. So i just ordered my tts 10. Fits similar to the 7 heavily padded heel. The upper looks cheap from the photos we've seen but its not the real thing. It hugs the feet pretty well. As like what chris (nightwing) said how his toes alomost touching the edge of the toe box. I think i can go up half a size. Same case in my 7s, but after the break in i m fine in the 10. The traction in the 8 is awesome. The flow is bounciee then the reebok's ultralite. Here it is...
IMG_20201216_215522_copy_2000x1500.jpg

My order just came in. Cant wait to try these on. I always love how the curry' line moving one generation to the next g. Unfortunately, wouldnt able to copped the 1, 5 n 6. Anyhow, i own the 2, 2.5, 3, 3zer0, 4, 7, and now the 8.
FYI
2, 3, 3zer0 i wear a 10
2.5 n 4 10.5

Now to the 8 i ordered online didnt notice they dropped in store. I m from HK only 3 UA stores in the area and only 2 carries the 8 n basketball stuffs. So i just ordered my tts 10. Fits similar to the 7 heavily padded heel. The upper looks cheap from the photos we've seen but its not the real thing. It hugs the feet pretty well. As like what chris (nightwing) said how his toes alomost touching the edge of the toe box. I think i can go up half a size. Same case in my 7s, but after the break in i m fine in the 10. The traction in the 8 is awesome. The flow is bounciee then the reebok's ultralite. Here it is...
IMG_20201216_215522_copy_2000x1500.jpg

I could see myself rocking this exact color way for casual wear.

The last Curry shoe I ever bought were his first ones in the GSW color for indoor ball shoes and the Curry one low white/gold for casual wear.

Did you go up in sizing? How was the length? I’m already a sz 15, and these look big to begin with. That full size up suggestion from the video has me wondering.:ohwell:

I didn't go a size up but the fit is great on my actual foot. It's that heel tab that is ruining it. I'm conflicted, but I can't have it rubbing my achilles, and if I size up the fit is gonna get sloppy, plus there's no 13.5 so I'd have to opt for a 14. The sole is wide (spreads out from the upper) so yes they do get big as far as the footprint.

Length was fine. I'm pissed though, because in these pictures people are posting, the heel tab is nowhere near people's legs. I have normal ankles so I don't know how I have this issue, but it's definitely the shoe cause I've tried on 2 pairs.

I didn't go a size up but the fit is great on my actual foot. It's that heel tab that is ruining it. I'm conflicted, but I can't have it rubbing my achilles, and if I size up the fit is gonna get sloppy, plus there's no 13.5 so I'd have to opt for a 14. The sole is wide (spreads out from the upper) so yes they do get big as far as the footprint.

Length was fine. I'm pissed though, because in these pictures people are posting, the heel tab is nowhere near people's legs. I have normal ankles so I don't know how I have this issue, but it's definitely the shoe cause I've tried on 2 pairs.

Thanks for the reply. With those “pillows” in the heel cup it seems odd that it would allow that heel tab to get that close. I agree, in all the photos/videos I’ve seen, that is nowhere near anyone’s heel. The only consistent thing I’m seeing is that they run short. If the fit is similar to QNTM’s, I’ll be ok sizing up. I’ve never owned any UA shoes, so I have nothing to compare sizing with. Since these will be for casual, I’m gonna size up, and hope for the best. Just need to decide on the launch CW, or the gold’s.

Just got my pair of Golden flow’s in! Went up a FULL size since a 15.5 isn’t an option. I was unsure how this would work out, but I’m pleasantly surprised that they fit with about half a thumbs width of space. My TTS would have been VERY snug if not overly tight. Most of the youtube reviews that mention TTS also say in the same breath that they could recommend sizing up, so it’s more of a personal preference. Not experiencing any of the issues Public Enemy Public Enemy had as far as the heel tab, sorry to add to your displeasure.

Just got my pair of Golden flow’s in! Went up a FULL size since a 15.5 isn’t an option. I was unsure how this would work out, but I’m pleasantly surprised that they fit with about half a thumbs width of space. My TTS would have been VERY snug if not overly tight. Most of the youtube reviews that mention TTS also say in the same breath that they could recommend sizing up, so it’s more of a personal preference. Not experiencing any of the issues Public Enemy Public Enemy had as far as the heel tab, sorry to add to your displeasure.

No I love that. The shoe is incredible and I hated that I had that issue. I'm like you and would have to go a full size up, but that hasn't ever worked out for me in a shoe to ball in. Some shoes just aren't for you, so I'm on to the 3Zero Vs.

Anybody heard anything about when those release?

I think I could go full size up but with thinner socks half up is adequate. They fit small almost like the Curry 4 low. Didn't have the heel tab issue. These are alright. Should've honored the $100 off error lol

Back
Top Bottom