Under Armour?

From talking with UA designers, this IS EXACTLY what Steph wants. Actually, I take that back - he would want less cushion and more court feel. At least he did on the 2.

I know I personally have stopped buying UA shoes since they went from micro g to charged. I have been searching for all the old (black ice,bloodline,CFD1 etc etc) shoes hard as the Curry lineup does nothing for me cushion wise. I prefer the Jennings shoes over the Curry shoes but we all know which player shoe sold more .

UA kind of balanced out after their initial explosion.

To me it was the Spawn that really kicked things off, then they followed that up with the CF Drive and Curry 1/2.  I'm not sure the Black Ice/Bloodlines were really on the radar, but the Spawn and CF Drive were.

The Micro G in the Spawns is the best out of the bunch to me.  CF Drives are slightly too compressive (mushy), but still more enjoyable than the Drive 2, Curry 1 and Curry 2.  Throw in all of the extensive colorways, the overpriced packs and botched releases, the 2.5's and the visual appeal of the 3's and they're at where they are at.

I can totally buy why they wanted to develop a slightly firmer cushioning system, but they could have just modified Micro G.  Let's be real.  They did what any company does: put out an amazing product, draw people in and develop a following, then start finding ways to cut costs and increase profits.  I was cheerleading UA like no other when the Spawns/Drives were out.  I have multiples of each and zero Curry signatures.

Now UA is getting done to them what they were originally doing to companies like Nike.  End rant.

You echo my thoughts exactly.....I was a huge UA buyer when very few ppl even know they made basketball shoes. I bought the Curry one lows without teying them on first ....havent bought a pair of Curry or anyother UA hoop shoe since.

Going to spend some time in the woods and cold in the coming months, anybody have the UA fat tire boots?

Going to spend some time in the woods and cold in the coming months, anybody have the UA fat tire boots?
You won't be disappointed with Fat Tires. They're a great shoe. And BOA lacing is just awesome. 

If you're going to be in 8"+ snow, I'd look at the Verge Mid GTX. Plus I think they're on sale right now. Not windproof like the Fat Tires, but a little higher ankle. 

I've never balled in the Curry 2, but they are super comfortable to me. I don't know how much different they'd feel compared to micro g, which I do ball in. I agree though that micro g is fantastic. I'm a big man so the cushion great. Feels like it keeps me fresher. Have a pair of Torch 2s, CFD1 mids, and CFD1 lows. That should last me a good while. Every time I see a pair in Marshalls or somewhere I grab em because of how great they perform.

They're not the greatest looking shoes, but performance wise nothing beats them.

Anyone in here have or had the Under Armour Primo? I guess they only released at boutiques and I was curious about them. Sizing and such. Thanks for any info

can anyone explain why the old charged cotton shirts were so much nicer than the newer ones?  Its a night and day difference.  

can anyone explain why the old charged cotton shirts were so much nicer than the newer ones?  Its a night and day difference.  

Kinda late, but my best guess is that they probably, like most companies, lowered the quality of the product and kept the price the same, if not raised it.

Under Armour is going to need to do what Adidas did and get their own version of Boost and Primeknit and put it on the next Currys in order to save their brand from going way downhill. The Curry 4's need to be AMAZING and groundbreaking for them to recover all the buzz they've lost over the past year. Their designs and lack of new technology just seem uninspired as hell.

Under Armour is going to need to do what Adidas did and get their own version of Boost and Primeknit and put it on the next Currys in order to save their brand from going way downhill. The Curry 4's need to be AMAZING and groundbreaking for them to recover all the buzz they've lost over the past year. Their designs and lack of new technology just seem uninspired as hell.

Under armour needs to put the charged from the Gemini line of runners in the basketball line. Would do wonders.

I wouldn't be against a new or better cushion. I personally have liked the Charged from the Curry line so far. I don't think I would hate something a little softer. As far As being amazing, I don't know. I think colorways should definetly be better. I like the 3s. I think the use of materials is cool. I understand adidas is new and kinda refreshing, but look at Nike. Is the LeBron14 or Kyrie an advancement in any sort of tech?

Under armour needs to put the charged from the Gemini line of runners in the basketball line. Would do wonders.

What do you think of the Gemini 3 Duke? I am looking into them but no place locally has them for me to try on

What do you think of the Gemini 3 Duke? I am looking into them but no place locally has them for me to try on

Side panels are stiffer than the 2, cushioning feels fantastic, and fit is right on. I like the threadborne Slingflex better though.

Under armour should streamline basketball. No more weird hybrid models that you only find at Marshall and Ross. Second get rid of curry .5 models it just confuses the marketplace. Lower prices back to $115. Get a number two guy. Whoever it is. Just put more people in product.

Under armour should streamline basketball. No more weird hybrid models that you only find at Marshall and Ross. Second get rid of curry .5 models it just confuses the marketplace. Lower prices back to $115. Get a number two guy. Whoever it is. Just put more people in product.

At one time I felt they had a pretty solid group with DeAndre Jordan,brandon jennings, kemba walker and a couole other but they all left or were dropped when UA signed Curry and gave him most of their attention. I think raymon Felton and Corey Brewer are still on the roster

I agree with pretty much all of this. I thought I saw pretty recently, or kinda recently that Under Armour had a patent on a logo they were gonna use. It was like a letter on all four sides of a cirlce....if that makes sense lol.

I do like what they do with like Lux models or other models that look like performance, but use real materials. I tried on a pair of Clutchfit Drive 2s and I didn't really like the material.....plastics and fuse or whatever. Like, the "Promo" model I think is cool.

Yea brewer is good a 3 and D player. Yea I wish they could sign John Wall he is in the D.C. area. Local in relation to the Headquarters. The question with that situation is he would be on his fourth brand and Ross is still clearing inventory of the jwall1 and jwall1. I like curry lows though I know he doesn't wear them in games because of past issues. It is hard to buy a product that the endorser doesn't even wear. The vast majority of the sigs are low tops now. Sorry for the ramble I like the dialogue.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I thought I saw pretty recently, or kinda recently that Under Armour had a patent on a logo they were gonna use. It was like a letter on all four sides of a cirlce....if that makes sense lol.

I do like what they do with like Lux models or other models that look like performance, but use real materials. I tried on a pair of Clutchfit Drive 2s and I didn't really like the material.....plastics and fuse or whatever. Like, the "Promo" model I think is cool.
I like the Lux too. I thought they would be a limited run but finish line has a full size run in 3 of the colors half off.

Yea brewer is good a 3 and D player. Yea I wish they could sign John Wall he is in the D.C. area. Local in relation to the Headquarters. The question with that situation is he would be on his fourth brand and Ross is still clearing inventory of the jwall1 and jwall1. I like curry lows though I know he doesn't wear them in games because of past issues. It is hard to buy a product that the endorser doesn't even wear. The vast majority of the sigs are low tops now. Sorry for the ramble I like the dialogue.

I agree with some of this. I mean, he wears them to practice, so I guess he tries to promote them. Companies sell shoes without a name on them all the time....I guess some NBA players wear them even though they don't have a shoe deal.

I like the Lux too. I thought they would be a limited run but finish line has a full size run in 3 of the colors half off.

There was a limited run of them. There were like a couple different colorways that were limited to like 600 pairs made. Them they did different colorways of more of a GR on the foot sites. I would like to grab another pair of the Lux 1s, but I already have 2 pairs of 1s and I don't like to be greedy lol......I might change my mind soon

Brewer is with adidas now I believe

Back
Top Bottom