Under Armour?

I own enough UA shoes now to justify buying some socks too. Anyone have a preference between their heatgear and their charged socks?

Last edited:
did you guys saw the Nike Zoom Clearout?

i am late to see them as they have been released for months now..but dayum,

but dayum...they are basically a redesigned/altered UA Fireshot

I have a pair of the Draymond zoom clear out, and in my opnion, they are trash. Uncomfortable, Narrow, burrito tounge not good for husky dudes who never skip leg day. They took out a zoom bag in the heel compared to the hyperrev 2016 that it shares tooling with.

Under Armour architect...anybody have a pair? I went to the UA webpage and it said soldout

Bump for duke......can you give me your take on these please. They have a hefty price tag and I want to know if you feel they are worth it as rumor has it you were one of the few that got to test these

I'm not going to knock the Curry 3 until I try, but seriously considering sitting out on the 3. I've enjoyed the 1 and 2 a lot, but would almost rather spend my $ on the charged controller coming up

I'm not going to knock the Curry 3 until I try, but seriously considering sitting out on the 3. I've enjoyed the 1 and 2 a lot, but would almost rather spend my $ on the charged controller coming up
Definitely not alone. Haven't seen any colorway officially or unofficially that I like. Think that plus the 2.5 not selling great, and no break in curry releases from the 2 through 3 hurts. 

Definitely not alone. Haven't seen any colorway officially or unofficially that I like. Think that plus the 2.5 not selling great, and no break in curry releases from the 2 through 3 hurts. 

I think this is pretty true. ...just too much all the way around. With the other companies dropping prices, do you see UA doing that to, maybe after this show "IF" they don't fly off shelves?

I have seen a couple of unofficial color ways I would probably buy......

I think this is pretty true. ...just too much all the way around. With the other companies dropping prices, do you see UA doing that to, maybe after this show "IF" they don't fly off shelves?

I have seen a couple of unofficial color ways I would probably buy......
$150-$160 has been the magic number for Curry prices UA has been reaching for. With slower sales it's possible the 4 will not see a price increase. However, so much is dependent on how well Steph does. Wins the MVP and/or finals this year, 3 and most likely 3.5 sales will go up, and it opens the door for a $150 priced Curry 4. If not 4 will most likely stay at $140. I think it's a little early to start decreasing prices after a couple shoes. 

Plus UA needs to build up other franchises. The Drive line is great but doesn't have a lot of attention or marketability. Everything outside of Curry is priced incredibly well for what you get, but not many are going to buy them if it's not what their favorite players wear. Lots of hope for Mudiay to explode onto the scene, but honestly, he plays in Denver, didn't work out so well for Melo. Terrance Ferguson could be a saving grace next year, but UA needs to make moves to ensure people see their product positively and "cool". Great products for a good price doesn't seem to be enough anymore. 

Personally I think the 2.5 was an awesome shoe that suffered from horrible timing, too many colorways, and of course Steph losing in them in the Finals. If they released a low version of the 2.5 it would've done very well. But I don't work there, so what do I know haha. 

Ask Adidas how well the D rose line sold in that $150 to $160 price range. Not that steph and D Rose have the same career, we all know the injuries killed that momentum comma but some companies just should not approach that price range.

Keep it 120 and feast on the children.

Ask Adidas how well the D rose line sold in that $150 to $160 price range. Not that steph and D Rose have the same career, we all know the injuries killed that momentum comma but some companies just should not approach that price range.

Keep it 120 and feast on the children.

I was gonna post about this myself lol. Not only children but I would be more willing to buy at that price. Generally, I don't buy multiples of the same shoe. I really like the Lux versions when done right. You think about the price as 20 bucks more, but if you buy multiples that adds up. Not sound like a cheap-o lol. This is kinda why I see myself buying the Future Legends from BB on release day and treat myself hahaha

Yeah, after getting my rare metals last night, and wearing them and the curry 3 this morning to play, no way is the Curry $30 better. Only shoe I vase bought multiples of this year was the KD9 (1 gift pair, bought 3 more), but if they were $180 like last year, nope.

UA kind of balanced out after their initial explosion.

To me it was the Spawn that really kicked things off, then they followed that up with the CF Drive and Curry 1/2.  I'm not sure the Black Ice/Bloodlines were really on the radar, but the Spawn and CF Drive were.

The Micro G in the Spawns is the best out of the bunch to me.  CF Drives are slightly too compressive (mushy), but still more enjoyable than the Drive 2, Curry 1 and Curry 2.  Throw in all of the extensive colorways, the overpriced packs and botched releases, the 2.5's and the visual appeal of the 3's and they're at where they are at.

I can totally buy why they wanted to develop a slightly firmer cushioning system, but they could have just modified Micro G.  Let's be real.  They did what any company does: put out an amazing product, draw people in and develop a following, then start finding ways to cut costs and increase profits.  I was cheerleading UA like no other when the Spawns/Drives were out.  I have multiples of each and zero Curry signatures.

Now UA is getting done to them what they were originally doing to companies like Nike.  End rant.

UA kind of balanced out after their initial explosion.

To me it was the Spawn that really kicked things off, then they followed that up with the CF Drive and Curry 1/2.  I'm not sure the Black Ice/Bloodlines were really on the radar, but the Spawn and CF Drive were.

The Micro G in the Spawns is the best out of the bunch to me.  CF Drives are slightly too compressive (mushy), but still more enjoyable than the Drive 2, Curry 1 and Curry 2.  Throw in all of the extensive colorways, the overpriced packs and botched releases, the 2.5's and the visual appeal of the 3's and they're at where they are at.

I can totally buy why they wanted to develop a slightly firmer cushioning system, but they could have just modified Micro G.  Let's be real.  They did what any company does: put out an amazing product, draw people in and develop a following, then start finding ways to cut costs and increase profits.  I was cheerleading UA like no other when the Spawns/Drives were out.  I have multiples of each and zero Curry signatures.

Now UA is getting done to them what they were originally doing to companies like Nike.  End rant.
There's an interesting question from this...

Would people want a MicroG insole on top of Charged for retail and keep it out of Stephs shoes because he doesn't like it? Or would people rather have exactly what Steph wears?

There's an interesting question from this...

Would people want a MicroG insole on top of Charged for retail and keep it out of Stephs shoes because he doesn't like it? Or would people rather have exactly what Steph wears?

I think this is the question about how Nike outs out the Kyrie but his actual version has more zoom.....I hear. (To be honest I don't care about Kyrie so what tech is in his shoes doesn't matter to me). I think it's cool that the Currys they put out are close to what he wears (that I know of). I don't ball, but I like the cushion that's in the Currys. I have tried on shoes with Micro G and they felt too squishy. I think I prefer Charged.

It is also possible that what we're getting isn't what Steph wears on a daily basis.  I think it's been documented recently that pros get different versions of shoes in terms of performance design (Crazy Explosive with lace loops or something like that?).  I'm sure that applies to other areas as well, like reinforcement, cushioning, etc.

I would think most people want exactly what Steph gets.  Definitely true in terms of the special colorways he gets.  The best thing would be choices, were you can pick the type of cushioning for the same shoe.  Some shoes already did that with the interchangeable insoles.

Me personally, it's not that I dislike Charged.  I just like Micro G more.  At 32 years old, I'm much more selective about not only the shoes I can play in, but also who I play with and where, how often and what I have to do to warm up and recover.  I can't imagine not dedicating 20 minutes to stretching and using some form of foam rollers/compression after playing.  Anyway, my knees want more substantial and forgiving cushioning at this point.  I like Boost, good versions of Zoom and Jetlon the most.

Back
Top Bottom