Universal Monsters Movie Reboots - The Mummy, Invisible Man, etc...

Armie Hammer And Alexander Skarsgard Reportedly Universal's Top Picks To Play THE INVISIBLE MAN

That Hashtag Show reports that the studio has narrowed its search for the transparent trickster of the title down to Armie Hammer (Call Me by Your Name) and Alexander Skarsgard (Hold The Dark).

Should one of these actors land the part, they'd play Adrian Griffin, "a billionaire sociopath who made his money by developing an invisibility suit for the Department of Defense." This suggests a significant change to the source material, as the character actually turns himself invisible in H.G. Wells' novel.

Wow. 2 movie flops and their universe done already. :lol:
i think it was 3
remember the wolfman
with benicio del toro
think that was included
the wolfman
the mummy
and that vampire movie
that showed draculas beginnings
cant remember the name
but i actually liked it

cut their losses i guess and the movie might be better received if theres no connection to the old ones, probably makes writing it easier too if you can do whatever you want

but studios are still desperate for franchises so we gon' just keep getting stuff like these

I was kind of lookin forward to this movie universe smh.

I was only aware of the Mummy movie didn't know there was another one prior

i still catch those on reruns and they were entertaining for what they were plus rachel weisz as a sexy librarian...

giphy.gif

041dd0eccecbefd2230d14480f7b5c78.gif

I haven't finished the new Mummy. I stopped when Jake from New Girl became a zombie on the plane.

I'm lost. As far as I know their only real attempt at a shared monster movie universe was Tom Cruise in the Mummy.

Specially cuz Tom Cruise was the lead. The same way they were trying to get Depp and Jolie for roles. It was an A-list movie star driven endeavor.

Dracula Untold (which I liked) was done by a guy that is mostly doing tv now. I'm not sure of any other movies they've recently made. They've been trying to keep this going.

They actually had something with Skarsgard up for Invisible Man.

This the last thing I saw about this

Blumhouse Taking Over Universal’s Monster-Verse

Coincidentally I’m halfway through Haunting of Hill House and Oliver Jackson-Cohen is legit the best actor on the series. He plays tortured soul really well.

Back
Top Bottom