Universal Studios (theme park) Appreciation Thread - NINTENDO-LAND A GO!

Man that's nothing. I haven't been in like 20 years. Haven't been wanting to either...

They have cool adult rides? I'm 26. Need to get me breezy to go with.

I like universal.

^ ^ ^
time to go back because it's going to feel like a brand new theme park to you and there are things that you might enjoy as an adult than you do as a kid, goes for Disney too

they don't have adult rides per say but it's all about the experience and immersion, if you're a big fan of the Simpsons and Harry Potter, you'll thoroughly enjoy Universal Hollywood

in another new, Universal Studios Hollywood finally got smart and are offering flex-pay on their higher tier annual passes

just orlando for now but nintendo-land is still planned in LA though it might be a while, maybe 2022-2025

nintendo-land in japan is still set to open on 2020 though so we'll get some idea on what the rides are gon' look like

hagrid_s_magical_creatures_motorbike_adventure.jpeg

Nearly a year and a half after closing Islands of Adventure's iconic Dragon Challenge roller coasters, Universal Orlando has finally unveiled the name of their Harry Potter-themed replacement: "Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure."

The ride will officially open June 13, 2019, according to Universal.

The newly named attraction, which will be located inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade on the plot of land that originally held Dueling Dragons, is an Intamin-constructed family-friendly roller coaster.

The track has no giant hills or upside-down loops, but does feature multiple launches and innovative maneuvers, including vertical and backwards segments, along with an indoor elevator-style drop.

In keeping with the attraction's title, the ride vehicles will be styled after Hagrid's motorbike and sidecar. Guests will have a choice of sitting up on the motorcycle, or settling down into the passenger seat. Along the way, guests will see "some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures," which are expected to be represented as animatronics (as opposed to 3D screens).

Universal set June 13 as the official opening date, but odds are good that unannounced technical rehearsal previews could happen in the days or weeks leading up to the debut day. The summer debut will give Universal's ride several months in the spotlight before Walt Disney World's anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge premieres near year's end.

forgot about nintendoland

I remember I said years ago a mario kart ride would be amazing

playing it on a projector is fun

when is this coming to Orlando?

nintendoland is going to be a while, at first they were just going to demolish old stuff and then build off that but not they supposedly bought a huge empty lot in the area and going to make its own land/park

it might make it to California (on a much smaller scale) before Orlando

First Details Revealed For New 'Jurassic World' Ride At Universal Studios Hollywood

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsimonthompson%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F03%2FJurassic_World_The_Ride_Large-1200x1500.jpg

The state-of-the-art attraction, which will open this summer, will debut an original storyline that takes place within the theme park as depicted in Jurassic World. It will feature additional new dinosaurs from the film, lush scenic design, and ground-breaking technology that has yet to be experienced within a theme park.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsimonthompson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F05%2FJurassic_World_Ride_Large_No_Text_Edit-1200x1324.jpg

The aesthetics of Jurassic World: The Ride will be dramatically enhanced, welcoming guests to a reimagined space reflective of the Jurassic World films. A fresh, new entry statement, stonework landscaping and a contemporary redesign of the iconic pillars illuminated with billowing flames will support a prominent Jurassic World marquee logo.

For those of you who don’t already know, here’s what goes down. Once aboard specially designed rafts, guests will navigate the lush environs of dense vegetation, traversing new areas besieged with towering dinosaurs meandering just an arm’s length away from visitors.

Encounters with dinosaurs will quickly take a turn for the intense as predatory Velociraptors and Dilophosaurus begin to wreak havoc, turning guests from spectators to prey. When the Tyrannosaurus rex begins to battle one of the attraction’s new behemoth dinosaurs, the rafts will spill down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall as the sole means of escape.

The attraction replaces Jurassic Park: The Ride which closed in September 2018.

Might take a road trip to universal Orlando this summer go see my girls parents on the way , haven’t been to universal since I was a kid

yah itll be more fun that way

i watched it because i dont know when ill actually be able to go there :lol:

yah itll be more fun that way

i watched it because i dont know when ill actually be able to go there :lol:

Was planning to go next weekend but it all depends on how ridiculous still is. I’ll post I end up going

Back
Top Bottom