Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

jpzx jpzx , excluding the voice work and the cameo in 1883, I've watched him in:

Elvis, The Post, Inferno, Sully, Bridge of Spies, Captian Phillips, Angels & Demons, Charlie Wilson's War, The Da Vinci Code, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, Cast Away, The Green Mile, You've Got Mail, Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, A League of Their Own, and Big.

What is NIMBY

ICIP

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's an old, old wooden chip used during the Civil War Era

2. I'll actually guess and not look it up, Not-In-My-Backyard (which is one word)

jpzx jpzx , excluding the voice work and the cameo in 1883, I've watched him in:

Elvis, The Post, Inferno, Sully, Bridge of Spies, Captian Phillips, Angels & Demons, Charlie Wilson's War, The Da Vinci Code, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, Cast Away, The Green Mile, You've Got Mail, Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, A League of Their Own, and Big.

Then he's definitely not your guy :lol: ... you mentioned several of the ones I would've been like, "No wait, but have you seen this"

Never having seen these:

If his performance in Finch, Saving Mr. Banks, is worth speaking out about I'd like to know

NIMBYism in the context of Toronto is single detached homeowners who vote against apartments, multifamily dwellings , because they think it will hurt the value of their property. They use the guise of preserving the “feel and culture” of their neighbourhood to vote against building density in their neighborhoods.

Toronto is one of the most expensive places to live in the world.

There a lack of a middle ground between a townhouses and highrise condos.

Densifying neighbourhoods that are along the subway is essential to providing affordable housing to people and reducing the amount of cars and traffic in the city.

Basically people who instead of holding the door for you after they pass through, they close the door behind them...

People who wear valuable jewelry (ex. 50k watch) want to show off their wealth or give you the impression that they are wealthy.

Real wealthy people “flex” all the time. Its either A) blatant and you just act like you don’t see it. E.G.: The old guy in a Phantom. Who the **** NEEDS a Phantom?? B) You’re so po’ you don’t even know its a flex like rocking a silver Submariner or C) They’re such widly uninteresting and bland, it doesn’t even register.

Old heads like to rag on millennials and gen z for the inclusion and progressiveness, but you ever notice as soon as we fight to get doors open their old asses are the first ones to hop out wildin? Like they've been repressed for decades.

Old heads like to rag on millennials and gen z for the inclusion and progressiveness, but you ever notice as soon as we fight to get doors open their old asses are the first ones to hop out wildin? Like they've been repressed for decades.

Some doors lead to places old heads know better than to enter.

There's a reason older folks (black and white) were against desegregation in the 60's...

Even Rev Dr. MLK Jr. came to understand why as time went on.

Funny how that works.

NIMBYism in the context of Toronto is single detached homeowners who vote against apartments, multifamily dwellings , because they think it will hurt the value of their property. They use the guise of preserving the “feel and culture” of their neighbourhood to vote against building density in their neighborhoods.

Toronto is one of the most expensive places to live in the world.

There a lack of a middle ground between a townhouses and highrise condos.

Densifying neighbourhoods that are along the subway is essential to providing affordable housing to people and reducing the amount of cars and traffic in the city.
I remember watching a video about single family housing near subways/metros doesn’t really make a lot sense and kind of agree. But there’s been a shift here in the DMV area, lots of multi family development near metro stations.

Back
Top Bottom