Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

Growing up in this generation is tougher than the 80s & 90s

This is a good take. Maybe it's just human nature, but people always think that their generation had it the hardest. I was born in the late '80s and grew up in the '90s and early 2000s. I think that life was simpler because the internet wasn't as ubiquitous and social media didn't really exist until I was already in college. Imagine getting roasted and then it ends up on Twitter? Nothing stays within the school and community,It's on the internet immediately. I'd imagine that puts a lot of pressure on kids.
Baseball is trash
Not an unpopular opinion. Baseball is the worst, most insular and least innovative pro sport. They cling to tradition way too much. The NL and AL have different rules, the stadiums are different sizes. The games are slow and boring.
Gentrification isn't bad.
I think gentrification is more of a double-edged sword than people make it out to be. Obviously people focus on the people who lived in those communities for generations being displaced because they can no longer afford to live in their neighborhoods anymore. The flip side of gentrification is that it brings businesses and jobs communities. Who doesn't want their communities to be safer and their property values to go up?

Mercedes-Benz vehicles are extremely overrated. And not that pleasant to drive.

It brings it for who though? Have y'all never seen a gentrified neighborhood?

It brings it to the people who live there. Unfortunately, the barriers to home ownership and racism surrounding it have made it so a lot of the people who live in these communities don't actually own the places where they live (but that's a whole separate conversation).

I never said gentrification is always good but look at the alternative. Would you rather businesses not open and communities not become safer?

I love baseball (unpopular for this thread) but it's often hard to stomach playoff baseball (the tension, drama can be awesome, but lots of the games turn into almost 4+ hour affairs).
Baseball was actually my favourite sport to play growing up. I honestly think I could've went somewhere w/ it, but didn't like the hyper seriousness surrounding sports in general. People put too much importance in them & that really killed my passion for them. I played catcher, 3rd base, & outfield. Could've played pitcher, but didn't want the responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom