Unsold Clothes Destroyed by H&M and Wal-Mart

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

why dont the send the clothes over seas like they do with the losing sports teams in championship games?

this african dude i know had a dingy dirty shirt in a case in his house... he said it was the shirt that he wore when he came to america.
it was a 1996 NBA championship celebration shirt! like the kind the players wear on court!
for the supersonics.

laugh.gif
I heard that they do this...but I also heard they take them off in an armored truck and burn/destroy them.

I want to believe you but I just can't
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^I can see that being an issue with Walmart....but with H&M though...they themselves are the manufacturer/brand owners

That i honestly dont know as i just franchise, I know of some companies(legally cannot say) they will send products to 3rd world contries. Or recycle theproducts to make things lol... kinda gave someone away on the last one.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^I can see that being an issue with Walmart....but with H&M though...they themselves are the manufacturer/brand owners

That i honestly dont know as i just franchise, I know of some companies(legally cannot say) they will send products to 3rd world contries. Or recycle theproducts to make things lol... kinda gave someone away on the last one.

i dont understand why they dont just donate it. im sure there are many organizations that would be willing to pick this stuff up and ship it for free.

Originally Posted by Sid Nasty

i dont understand why they dont just donate it. im sure there are many organizations that would be willing to pick this stuff up and ship it for free.

most companies do who own manufactor theyre own products. Alot of american companies so call own manufact thier products are a lie. They under the table higher3rd party slave oops(might be infriging on certain companies(company on this beloved site). So they cant just simple GIVE AWAY the stuff. Here in the states ifyou add/etc to a product you can claim you produced manufactor it.

Like a company who produces lets say chairs contracts a 3rd party(they do all the building etc of the chairs) and all the us company does is employ some pplhere (for cheap i might add in warehouses... shotouts to temp agencies) to screw on the legs. In the states thats considered manufactoring ur own products.They still have a side deal etc with the 3rd party so they owe them. Thus cant just donate etc.

Trust and plez believe the companies who outright own and produce their on products do donate etc... word to tax credits/ and incentives.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

why dont the send the clothes over seas like they do with the losing sports teams in championship games?

this african dude i know had a dingy dirty shirt in a case in his house... he said it was the shirt that he wore when he came to america.
it was a 1996 NBA championship celebration shirt! like the kind the players wear on court!
for the supersonics.

laugh.gif
I heard that they do this...but I also heard they take them off in an armored truck and burn/destroy them.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
thats not even something to lie about.
i would start getting disrespectful in retaliation, but dirty is here.
would you happen to be on twitter?
and go google what im talkin bout. NBA apparently sends all their crap to africa.

reasons why they burn it, not in order of importance:

1. brand protection

2. some people would stop buying it if they know they can just wait and it'll be thrown out. every penny counts with this stuff. I don't think storesshould give anything away.

3. the logistics of shipping overseas is not exactly cost effective, although with the recent CSR push they are much more likely to start doing that now. butbasically in the past they either didn't care or didn't have the time to figure out that problem.

and as far as donating it to the coat drive around the corner, that sounds like it's one specific store, if a company has a policy it applies to all thestores. they don't have someone at corporate scouting out coat drives near every store.

This preserves the brand value of H&M and prevents the masses from rocking it for free, though I'm not sure what the heck less-than-dirt Wal-Martstands to gain... standard biz or not, this is just sad to read in a time of such significant, widespread need.

The business community is going to have to step up and change their ethics/antics if they hope to continue succeeding in this changing world of ours.

^ you're too smart for your own good. brand protection/management is not the only issue here. think simpler than that.

Originally Posted by infamousod

^ you're too smart for your own good. brand protection/management is not the only issue here. think simpler than that.

Lol yeah sometimes you dont have to think outside the box. Espically if the answer you seek is in the box you are currently in.

When I was a manager at Wild Pair during the time they filed chapter 11 and closed up shop. District manager notified us that all left over inventory will bedestroyed... When I found that out, the last week before the store closing I was driving off with trunk full of shoes. LOL

for the supersonics.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
and go google what im talkin bout. NBA apparently sends all their crap to africa.

"disrespectful in retaliation" ...
roll.gif
roll.gif
You act like I came through and called you a liar and called your mama out of her name.
You sound extremely pitiful actually getting mad that I couldn't really believe you.. (as most NTers say..) "its not that serious"

Most of the stuff said on NT is lies...so I find myself not believing most posts..(people lie about even bigger and smaller things on here if you haven'tnoticed)

If you still feel compelled to discuss this on twitter..hit me up.
I'd love to chat @ajchick23

p.s. to clear up the confusion..I've heard about them shipping off the losers tees overseas,

but the story about seeing one of the shirts in some african dudes house sounds like a classic NT duck tale.
It wasn't a personal attack so sit down and take a chill pill.

and again.. my twitter is @ajchick23
smile.gif

for the supersonics.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

"disrespectful in retaliation" ...
roll.gif
roll.gif
You act like I came through and called you a liar and called your mama out of her name.
You sound extremely pitiful actually getting mad that I couldn't really believe you.. (as most NTers say..) "its not that serious"

Most of the stuff said on NT is lies...so I find myself not believing most posts..(people lie about even bigger and smaller things on here if you haven't noticed)

If you still feel compelled to discuss this on twitter..hit me up.
I'd love to chat @ajchick23
sorry. thought u were a hbw hater. lets hug it out /kevinhart

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

You guys all realize that they announced yesterday that they stopped doing this right.
They are not going to stop doing this. This ha been happening for the past two decades, and so many stores do it.
roll.gif
They already realized they got exposed and came up wit some PR and announced they stopped doing it.

New York Region

Clothing Retailer Says It Will No Longer Destroy Unworn Garments

By JIM DWYER

Published: January 7, 2010

After the practice was discovered and brought to light by a CUNY graduate student, H & M said it would donate unsold clothes from its Herald Square store to charities.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/nyregion/07clothes.html

Nah its cool lol I don't take anything on here seriously..Like I said it wasn't a personal attack..hell..when I responded I didnt even notice you wereHBW.

*HUG*

Woah thats grimey as hell. At work (target) when stuff dont sell it goes salvage and they send off to goodwill. Even though i hear they sell it for more thenwe did lol.

This %@%@ is @%%*+#
smh.gif
Terrible

They should go to poor 3rd world countries and give them away.

common business practice indeed, and you cant blame them, its their merchandise who has the right to give them orders

if I want to throw out my furniture I can throw out my furniture

this reminds me to go to goodwill thrift stores.

i bought a redsox shirt there before a boston game and saved about $40 bucks if I were to buy a shirt there at fenway.. good times.

I also remember doing an internship at an architecture firm. they would get boxes full of carpet samples and would simply toss those away.. I took a few boxesand gave them to my neighborhood dogs..

now why couldnt they work with a dog pound place and send all that "garbage" to them?

theres waste in every facet of life. its real sad.

you could take those 6 by 6 samples and sew your own unique quilt carpet.. they also got a ton of wood samples (for floorboards and what not).. everything tothem was just straight up trash. I saw value in that trash
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom