Upcoming Marvel Movies - Guardians of The Galaxy? Black Panther?

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Idris Elba as Black Panther please StanLeeGod...

!!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Idk if any of you watched the series, it's on Netflix Streaming but I liked it.... in the series Dijimon Hounsou is Black Panther (cuz from Amistad) I think him or Idris would be a good look.  Whoever they get he need to be dark and sexy as f***! 

**disclaimer, I'm a girl. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Doesnt Idris Elba already play the Gatekeeper for Asgard? Elba playing any other role would ruin continuity in the Marvel cinema universe.

Like:
Evans as Human Torch & Capt. America?
Jackman as Van Helsing & Wolverine?

Stevenson as Punisher & Volstagg?

Reynolds as Deadpool, GL & Hannibal King?
Evans as Human Torch & Capt. America? (FF movies don't take place in the Marvel Universe movies and they're rebooting FF so he's not in it anymore)
Jackman as Van Helsing & Wolverine? (X-men movies aren't of the MU Movies either and Van Helsing isn't a Marvel property at all)

Stevenson as Punisher & Volstagg? (...got me there.)

Reynolds as Deadpool, GL & Hannibal King? (Take the answer I put for Hugh Jackman)

The NEW Marvel Movie Universe only comprise of the following movies. Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man 1 & 2, The Avengers. All those other movies aren't in the continuity due to movie rights being held by other movie studios ie Fox with X-men and FF and Sony with Spider Man

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Originally Posted by Peep Game

So no one remembers Tyrese supposedly bulking up to play Luke Cage?

isnt Tyrese a little too short to play Luke Cage if i remember isnt Cage like 6'6"
Ty is what barely 6'?

tho i want to see Idris Elba get Cage or Black Panther hed kill both roles and hes like 6'3" so it be a bit better

Lmao, there are no physical consistencies when it comes to heroes, Wolverine is only 5'3 Hugh jackman is definitely taller than that, bane is 6'8, idk the guys name but he's not even 6'

Black Panther will do well.
He's very well known and despite not being one of Marvels big 4 - Thor, Iron Man, Spider-man, Captain America - the movie's numbers will do well because Marvel is a brilliant marketing team. 

....and comic book movies are very hot now. 3D, CGI - Summer Comic blockbusters entertain people tremendously. It used to be people who read the comics were the only ones to who saw the movies - Now everyone sees the movies and BEGIN to read the comics because of them

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

isnt Tyrese a little too short to play Luke Cage if i remember isnt Cage like 6'6"
Ty is what barely 6'?

tho i want to see Idris Elba get Cage or Black Panther hed kill both roles and hes like 6'3" so it be a bit better
ITS A MOVIE, KID
Word, and Lil Romeo is rumored to be in talks for black panther.  Based on the cartoons, i can see it.
Wha? I don't think they ever showed BP's face in the cartoon.

and again this height thing some ppl are harping on is just plain stupid.
Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Doesnt Idris Elba already play the Gatekeeper for Asgard? Elba playing any other role would ruin continuity in the Marvel cinema universe.
Like:

Evans as Human Torch & Capt. America? (FF movies don't take place in the Marvel Universe movies and they're rebooting FF so he's not in it anymore)
Jackman as Van Helsing & Wolverine? (X-men movies aren't of the MU Movies either and Van Helsing isn't a Marvel property at all)

Reynolds as Deadpool, GL & Hannibal King? (Take the answer I put for Hugh Jackman)

The NEW Marvel Movie Universe only comprise of the following movies. Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man 1 & 2, The Avengers. All those other movies aren't in the continuity due to movie rights being held by other movie studios ie Fox with X-men and FF and Sony with Spider Man
Still don't see the problem. Idris plays a minor role in Thor even in the comics he's just a gatekeeper that gets pwned by the big bad for Thor to defeat or is asked for counsel on what he sees.

Punisher is not in the MCU either

Like:

I hated that when I saw Evans playing human torch and cap am

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Like:

It doesn't matter, even if the actor doesn't do the other roles and even if it is in another universe, they still play different heroes/villains in the same genre. It really is no big deal to me but those stick to peoples mind especially if the role sucked really bad (Reynolds as GL) or is really good (Evans as Capt. America). Most people wouldn't even know that FF exist in a different universe than the Avengers, these are mostly knowledge of those who are true comic book fans. 

Just this week these two guys expressed interest in playing Black Panther.

Brian J. White

brian-white.jpg

and

Anthony Mackie

Anthony-Mackie.jpg

As for Guardians of the Galaxy, I think it would make more sense for them to battle or assist the Avengers in battling Thanos than it would for the Avengers to do it.

Thanos is a cosmic level being who is much more powerful than Loki. I don't see them doing it alone or with additions like Ant Man and Black Panther.

I don't want Mackie near BP. Let son go to DC and be Static Shock.

This will be good 
lifeinfourcolors_clip_image013.jpg

If you keep this !%%%+!*!%%*#+ racist +++ hat away

reggie_hudlin.jpg

From the script. He should not be allowed to RUIN ANYMORE OF THE Panther 

Guardians of the Galaxy will be GREAT

I don't think Mackie could pull it off either. Much less white. I don't want to see Elba either.

Chiwetel Ejiofor?

Chiwetel%20Ejiofor%20Black%20Panther.png

black+panther+tchalla.jpg

I can see it.

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Idris Elba as Black Panther please StanLeeGod...

!!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Idk if any of you watched the series, it's on Netflix Streaming but I liked it.... in the series Dijimon Hounsou is Black Panther (cuz from Amistad) I think him or Idris would be a good look. Whoever they get he need to be dark and sexy as f***!

**disclaimer, I'm a girl.
Oh really.

How about Columbus Short as BP?
He isn't the tallest at 5'10" but BP is supposed to be only 6' anyways so close enough?

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I don't think Mackie could pull it off either. Much less white. I don't want to see Elba either.

Chiwetel Ejiofor?

Chiwetel%20Ejiofor%20Black%20Panther.png

black+panther+tchalla.jpg

I can see it.

That would be my first pick

MAN IF YOU COULD PUT THAT GUY FROM AMISTAD'S VOICE ON IDRIS ELBA, THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT BLACK PANTHER.

^truth

any which way I think about it and with any past/present roster....I think GOTG would make a great movie. It's not a well known marvel team but then again there are so many books turned into movies that making a killing despite the majority of people not knowing about it beforehand .

Nay for Idris Elba. That would be wack as hell especially if they tie that movie in with Avengers 2.

Back
Top Bottom