Upcoming Marvel Movies - Guardians of The Galaxy? Black Panther?

Thought NT would be interested. The Black Panther article is bit old.

Earlier this week, Marvel Studios was caught purchasing domain names for all kinds of merchandise related to Guardians of the Galaxy, a property that everyone from Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige all the way down has admitted was in the works. They’ve even admitted the credits scene of The Avengers was a tease towards that film but nothing had been made official. That will, likely, be the company line until San Diego Comic-Con but Latino Review is exclusively reporting that Guardians of the Galaxy will, in fact, be Marvel’s second 2014 movie.

They have a ton of other information too. Read about it below.

Disney, which owns Marvel, gave us the expected “no comment

It's kind of a surprise that Marvel is considering doing movies for those not so well-known characters.  Studios do comic book movies to make a ton of money.  They'll have to lower their box-office expectations for these movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy and New Warriors was my +*$$ in the 90's

I wish they could make both but guardians is a solid team....depends on which version they plan on using....modern or the 90's team.

Both would be good. They're both stepping away from the typical Superhero-flick (ie Watchmen.)

Black panther and Antman make perfect sense new members for Avengers 2 but Antman should have been in the avengers he was part of the original team and wasp was the first leader lol either way I'm glad we're getting those films.

Guardians of the galaxy?? Googled it and only dude i recognize is Rocket Raccoon. Only know him from UMvC3.

Movie sounds corny.

Black Panther will flop
Antman will be on the lines of Daredevil, there is no way this movie turn out well

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Who the hell are the guardians of the galaxy?
laugh.gif

I don't think Black Panther will flop since the budget for it will likely be small, probably around Blade budget (~$45mil).

Guardians of the Galaxy will likely be bigger budget though since they'll need plenty of cgi. It can easily climb John Carter numbers if they are not careful and I really do not see it making that much money. If theyc an make it for ~$50mil (which seems impossible) then it can be profitable.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

So no one remembers Tyrese supposedly bulking up to play Luke Cage?

isnt Tyrese a little too short to play Luke Cage if i remember isnt Cage like 6'6"
Ty is what barely 6'?

tho i want to see Idris Elba get Cage or Black Panther hed kill both roles and hes like 6'3" so it be a bit better

I'm pretty sure GoG will be big. Marvel just has to pitch it more as sci-fi movie than a superhero flick cuz essentially the GoG are Star Trek with more action and super abilities.

I just hope the cgi is done well for Rocket Racoon and Groot. I figure they should keep Warlock out and put in Nova. Wouldn't be smart to do the GoG from the alternate future fighting the Badoon. It just wouldn't. Too confusing.

This film can make money and have sequels with the right script. Not knowing who is who won't matter if half the film starts off on a bit more in depth gathering the team scenes.
Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

isnt Tyrese a little too short to play Luke Cage if i remember isnt Cage like 6'6"
Ty is what barely 6'?

tho i want to see Idris Elba get Cage or Black Panther hed kill both roles and hes like 6'3" so it be a bit better
Height does not matter at all Wolverine is like 5'5", he's always referred to in a jokingly matter as a short guy and Hugh Jackman is like 6'4 or something.
Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Both would be good. They're both stepping away from the typical Superhero-flick (ie Watchmen.)
Wait what? Watchmen are the farthest thing from being typical superheroes. The JL are more typical. Watchmen isn't even really a team and each hero in the movie are more realistic and flawed than most.

Ty is what barely 6'?

roll.gif
 Wolverine is supposed to be 5'3" but Hugh Jackman is 6'2". 

Ty is what barely 6'?

ITS A MOVIE, KID

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm pretty sure GoG will be big. Marvel just has to pitch it more as sci-fi movie than a superhero flick cuz essentially the GoG are Star Trek with more action and super abilities.

I just hope the cgi is done well for Rocket Racoon and Groot. I figure they should keep Warlock out and put in Nova. Wouldn't be smart to do the GoG from the alternate future fighting the Badoon. It just wouldn't. Too confusing.

This film can make money and have sequels with the right script. Not knowing who is who won't matter if half the film starts off on a bit more in depth gathering the team scenes.

I just don't see it. Capt. America only made $176mil (domestic) and that movie had a $140mil budget. A GoG film which will likely cost more due to it being CGI heavy won't come close to that. Even the Incredible Hulk, which has a very huge following, only made $135mil (domestic) with around $140mil budget as well. 
Something as unknown as GoG, I just cant imagine it making $150mil domestic. 

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Ty is what barely 6'?

ITS A MOVIE, KID
Word, and Lil Romeo is rumored to be in talks for black panther.  Based on the cartoons, i can see it.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Black panther and Antman make perfect sense new members for Avengers 2 but Antman should have been in the avengers he was part of the original team and wasp was the first leader lol either way I'm glad we're getting those films.
This.
Romeo playing T'challa 
indifferent.gif

more news..

For anyone who was curious to the exact status of Edgar Wright‘s Ant-Man, we now have a definitive answer. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Wright spent about a week earlier this month “shooting footage for a reel that will be used to test out the potential look and tone of his movie, as well as to decide how convincing Ant-Man’s powers look on screen.

Doesnt Idris Elba already play the Gatekeeper for Asgard? Elba playing any other role would ruin continuity in the Marvel cinema universe.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Doesnt Idris Elba already play the Gatekeeper for Asgard? Elba playing any other role would ruin continuity in the Marvel cinema universe.

Like:
Evans as Human Torch & Capt. America?
Jackman as Van Helsing & Wolverine?

Stevenson as Punisher & Volstagg?

Reynolds as Deadpool, GL & Hannibal King?

Back
Top Bottom