UPDATE:Do u think it's possible to discover BRAND NEW COLORS? Vol. Camron inventing shade of purple

i wonder what it would be like to see a color you've never seen.
like bring something purple to a remote tribe thats never seen it before.

how would you even be able to describe a color to someone thats never seen it before?

Originally Posted by jailblazer

how would you even be able to describe a color to someone thats never seen it before?
Just start quoting Lovecraft he did that all the time

i feel like if i were looking at a color nobody has ever seen before it would reeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllyyyy hurt my eyes or something, even trying to thinkabout it is bothering me

Speaking of Cam, what the +@!% color is flouride?
laugh.gif

We can't imagine a new color because everything we imagine is composed of things we already know...
Interesting topic though.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by Ar Love Arlovski

Sorry, I can't lie, I'm not really a big MMA fan. My boy is actually the Arlovski fan and put me up on it, and suggested this for my name. But he did tell me about "How taste my..."

Anyway, it's so unfathomable to me. I try to picture a new color, but I can't because my knowledge is hindered to what I already know of colors. If there was some way to discover a new color on a different planet and somehow implement it to our Earth, just try to think about that new color, or shades of that color all over the place like on clothes, cars, any items you can think of. Creating an even more infinite combination of colors for anything you desire..

Do acid.
acid will make experience all that.

Or...maybe there are more colors in this world that we cannot see because they are out of our range of perception. wow.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

We can't imagine a new color because everything we imagine is composed of things we already know...
Interesting topic though.

And we probably don't even know half of whats really out there...interesting topic OP

There are probably colors and different light spectrums that we cant see. We never know what can be out there. Good post OP.

laugh.gif
trust I think about this a lot too. Then my head zones into the Adobe photoshop color pallete thinking there may be a color that doesn't fit in there.

Anyways, they might not even be the normal "colors" we see.. they might be different NEONS or GLOWS. Like in a video game.. other planets might seestuff shiny. But other planets might not have red yellow and blue as the original palette.. their's might even be black purple and brown (starcraft lol).

The reason why we see the colors we see are because of our EYES. Not everyone sees color the same. For example.. dogs and snakes. Snakes detect heat. Dogs, Idon't know, don't they see in black and white?

It's all in us.. how we perceive things, not how they are brought to us.

As with the trichromacy normal in humans, the gamut of colors that can be made with these primaries will not cover all possible colors.

Unless we somehow find a way to boost this, we as humans won't be able to detect all colors

Originally Posted by dathustlaboy47

is anyone else sitting here reading this thread trying to create a new color in their mind? lol......cause I am
Glad I'm not alone.
laugh.gif

A new color would be wild. It's harder to fathom this idea than the idea of a creature on earth never seen before or inhabitants on other planets.Weiiiiiirrrrrrrd

Im still waiting to see what "Jay-Z Blue" looks like

and my dude said dark white LOL
I actually laughed out loud on that 1

Finding a new color would easier than finding a new letter though.

Interesting first topic though OP. Welcome to NT

i always think of this............... my mind is on a different level. i got a color but i cant think of how to let others see it. its like umm ...........damn idk how to say it.

This post is finally starting to catch some steam. I'm feeling all the contributions of thoughts from each member. And thanks, I just appreciate the factthat other people can appreciate this kind of thought provoking topic.

From what has been said so far about our perceptions/eyesight and various creatures having different types of visions and then introducing the aspect oftetrachromacy; this post has got my imagination running wild.

This whole discussion can stem into deeper ideas which would include how we are all saying that everything we compose is of things we already know and areinfluenced by, and the fact that bringing something foreign to a remote tribe is mind boggling. And just trying to encapsulate the unknown is something that isvery intriguing. Truth is we really don't know half of what is out there and it is pretty scary. For anyone that has their gears in their mind crankingright now, you are more than welcome to make a spin-off of related out of this world ideas..

EDIT: It's cool to meet people that are on the same wavelength/page in terms of thinking

Back
Top Bottom