UPDATE:Do u think it's possible to discover BRAND NEW COLORS? Vol. Camron inventing shade of purple

YES MORE COLORS RANGE FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION

3D CAN ONLY VIEW THE ONES WE SEE NOW

4D & ^ CAN SEE WHAT WE SEE & MORE

DUH

Cool idea, but no. Any "new" color will be described as a mix of color X and color Y--thus, making it a describable, not new, color. Perhaps it'spossible to put into the mainstream a relatively little-known, uncommon color, but not truly new.

i've given this a lot of thought in the past. a new color would be nuts.
pimp.gif

Another thought that got to me after absorbing all the people's 'PERCEPTION' posts. As some have said, each creature, has different receptors intheir eyes, and see in their own unique way. A la: bees seeing in U.V. which would differ from our humanistic view.

OK, with that being said, if all visions are varied, does that mean the grass really isn't 'GREEN'?

I mean, if regular humans have three sets of cones containing pigment to absorb light and see the color, and the cones arrange the 'color' in a way sothat a 'green' is seen to humans, does that mean that it is the DEFINITE color?

What if some humans by defect have a fourth or fifth cone, with a different cone unseen to us. And it absorbs light as well, but distorts their vision of'green' grass.

Not speaking in terms of UV 'colors' like the bees, because that would not be a fair comparison. Let's say there were a race of extra terrestrialsthat were very similar to us, except their cones in their eyes differed. And when they look at the grass, they see it in their own way, meaning it is adifferent color, NOT green. Does that mean green grass is variable; an indefinite? That grass has no 'true' color?

Basically, like most people on here have been saying, it's all about OUR OWN INTERPRETATION from our eyes.

I remember a kid from way back in elementary school, who colored in a shamrock red, because he was colorblind. He saw green as red and vice versa. I'm notknocking on the color blind population at all. And for scientists to document what color blind people see in tests, how would they know? Unless they are colorblind, they really wouldn't, and even if they were, that doesn't mean all color blind cases are the same, each person would vary to a degree as well,they can't be generalized. Meaning, maybe they see other 'new' colors too, and can't describe it to the regular population, because it isforeign to us..

^Math is the universal language. There HAS to be some sort of mathematical way to describe colors. Now I don't speak binary, hell I don't even speakalgebra any more but whether you're color blind or not, there HAS to be some sort of definite mathematical way to represent what I see as green and whatlil homie perceived to be "Shamrock Red" Tomato to-mah-to.....right?. For instance (and this is a REALLY bad example) -- and I could be wrong, but Ithink color blindness doesn't effect how people see the color blue. Now on some math type stuff, 1 cup of blue + 1 cup of yellow = 2 cups of "whateveryou wanna call it" aka "GREEN". But whatever you call it, it is what it is. See what I'm saying? Now aside for my 2ndgrade example, every thing our minds absorb is really just data in some form. That data isn't subjective, but the way it's represented to ourconsciousness is. So green to my eyes IS "GREEN" just as "Shamrock Red" in his eyes is also "GREEN". It's the same data beinginterpreted differently.

There are no other "colors". A is A.

I understand what you're saying. The whole universe is made up of numbers, like we consist of a matrix, and the correct sequence of numbers will create acolor, an object, etc. The point of my bringing up color blindness is for people to understand that they are missing a color cone I assume. Now, what if bysome strange occurrence that regular people are missing a color cone.

I am not 100% sure how color blindness works, but I have a hunch that they have an incomplete color scheme in their eyes. Do you think that if what thisdiscussion is saying, that if there are other colors in the universe, that we are missing a color scheme/combination too? Pretend that the fact is that colorblind people have only a red and blue cone. Normal people have a red and blue and yellow cone. With those three cones, people are able to make up all thecolors we know.

But what if there is an extra cone out there for other beings? For an advanced/evolved species?

The color green is green to us yes, because we have the three cones that make up that color. What if we had a fourth cone, that distorts the green that we seenow. Because we can't see the color, because it is not in our range of known colors. Like color blind people would see it as red, we see it as green. Twocolor cones mix the hues to create red for color blind. Three color cones mix the hues to create a green for us. How would it look for a fourth cone?

Yes, there is an assigned color to everything. I'm not trying to take away from the color green. Yes, green can be explained. There are exact numbers tocreate a green. But is grass really green if there is a fourth cone? Green exists in the world, but that doesn't necessarily mean the things that exist inthe world are green. If we are deprived of one extra cone, we wouldn't realize the true color of some objects in this world. Do you know what I am tryingto say? Green is universal, everyone knows what green is, if they have it in their system. But if I had a fourth cone in my eye or something and looked atgrass, it probably wouldn't be green anymore, it would be a different shade. And maybe other items that weren't green, are now green. It's like ahidden/invisible phenomena. We can't account for anything we don't see. That's what I am trying to get at. The grass is green now, but is it reallygreen? If we added another color to it, the matrix numbers would change. But we can't see that color, because our eyes only account for what is programmedin those 3 cones. We need an upgrade, if you will. If we don't have the upgrade, we'll be running on an outdated, slower system, and wont realize thefull potential or array of colors.

I think that the focus shouldn't be on attempting to find out the colors that could be existent beyond us knowing now, but rather where that color wouldcome from. And I think to recognize that different color, our vision capabilities would have to be different (as per the fish comparison earlier).

For example, I think that if we could see sound, sound might be representative of another color or various colors... Or maybe sound could also just result as adistortion of colors behind it. Maybe a different color can be realized in something that is constantly active - like extreeeeme heat. I'm not talkingabout Sun heat, but something that's waaay hotter - that we have not encountered, yet. Maybe there's another color there. But again, we have to havethe capability to see it, right?

I'm hungry.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's all in perception. Bees see in UV.
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner...

There are "colors" that are imperceptible to the human eye. For example, infrared is a color YOU cannot see, and neither can Jordan Brand sodon't be fooled. The world is composed of more than you could ever perceive. In fact, what you cannot perceive > what you can perceive.

Bees and many other pollinating insects are highly receptive these imperceptible "colors"...

I HAD A DREAM WE EVOLVED IF NOT US

THE DIMENSION WE ARE IN ( THE 3RD )

HAD CHANGED

AND THE COLORS WAS NEW IN MY DREAM

LIKE IT WAS ALL ALIEN TO ME

THE SKY WAS LIKE A COLOR I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN

CAUSE IT HAD A TEXTURE TO IT ALSO WHICH WAS LIKE CRAZY

EVERYTHING WAS DIFF

I WAS THINKING BOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY

WE SEE WHAT OUR BRAIN WANTS US TO SEE AT THIS FREQUENCY

SO WHAT IS REALLY OUT THERE IN THE SPACE BETWEEN SPACES FROM WHAT WE SEE AS THE 3D ???

ANOTHER DIMENSION HAVE TO BE

IDK I KNOW IM ON TO SOMETHING BUT JUST NEED MORE TIME & MATH TO WORK ON IT LOL

:waits for my next alien aduction so they can dream away with more stuff like that:

I WAS THINKING BOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY

WE SEE WHAT OUR BRAIN WANTS US TO SEE AT THIS FREQUENCY

SO WHAT IS REALLY OUT THERE IN THE SPACE BETWEEN SPACES FROM WHAT WE SEE AS THE 3D ???

ANOTHER DIMENSION HAVE TO BE
There are "colors" that are imperceptible to the human eye. For example, infrared is a color YOU cannot see, and neither can Jordan Brand so don't be fooled. The world is composed of more than you could ever perceive. In fact, what you cannot perceive > what you can perceive.

Bees and many other pollinating insects are highly receptive these imperceptible "colors"...
I think that if we could see sound, sound might be representative of another color or various colors... Or maybe sound could also just result as a distortion of colors behind it. Maybe a different color can be realized in something that is constantly active - like extreeeeme heat. I'm not talking about Sun heat, but something that's waaay hotter - that we have not encountered, yet. Maybe there's another color there. But again, we have to have the capability to see it, right?

Just when I thought this thread had nothing left to give, the last four posts have been very influential on my thought process.

I appreciate the great insight folks.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

laugh.gif
trust I think about this a lot too. Then my head zones into the Adobe photoshop color pallete thinking there may be a color that doesn't fit in there.

Anyways, they might not even be the normal "colors" we see.. they might be different NEONS or GLOWS. Like in a video game.. other planets might see stuff shiny. But other planets might not have red yellow and blue as the original palette.. their's might even be black purple and brown (starcraft lol).

The reason why we see the colors we see are because of our EYES. Not everyone sees color the same. For example.. dogs and snakes. Snakes detect heat. Dogs, I don't know, don't they see in black and white?

It's all in us.. how we perceive things, not how they are brought to us.

As with the trichromacy normal in humans, the gamut of colors that can be made with these primaries will not cover all possible colors.

Unless we somehow find a way to boost this, we as humans won't be able to detect all colors
Yeah, I think the only way we can see all of the color spectrum is through artificial means (googles, implants, artificial enhancement, etc).

^^^im the NO type now. THC hasnt been in the body for quite some time, so its pretty funny logging in after almost 2 years and reading my post non-influenced 
laugh.gif

^^^ is there a way to 'LIKE' someone's response, facebook style?

cause im not gonna reply and say i appreciate everyones input individually like i did in 2009, with that said. just brought this back one more time to see what others thought, 2ish years later 
laugh.gif

any physics wiz out there??

dead already? killa cams name couldnt spark an interest huh, shouldve put vado or slime somewhere

oh well, no more input then

roll.gif
you bumped this 2 year old thread to reply to that guy??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's all in perception. Bees see in UV.
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner...

There are "colors" that are imperceptible to the human eye. For example, infrared is a color YOU cannot see, and neither can Jordan Brand sodon't be fooled. The world is composed of more than you could ever perceive. In fact, what you cannot perceive > what you can perceive.

Yooo dead ***...i saw this thread, went through it, saw Nawth's post, and was getting ready to quote/cosign it...but then I decided to just go through the entire thread.

Low and behold, I come to this "SuperAntigen" quote...which is EXACTLY what I was going to say...and it's funny because "SuperAntigen" is my SN before Meth banned it. I wouldn't even have known that this thread was "old" and "grave-dig" had I not seen that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom