[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

Terrible....... them pics are amazing. Very sad.....I knew the police dropped the ball on the 911 call. +@%%*+# 2 weeks later my %#%.

Terrible....... them pics are amazing. Very sad.....I knew the police dropped the ball on the 911 call. +@%%*+# 2 weeks later my %#%.

^^ and no there are no "boobies" showing above for NT mods and pervs. I've clicked on the pics already.

^^ and no there are no "boobies" showing above for NT mods and pervs. I've clicked on the pics already.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

Memphis Police officers allowed reporters back to the site thisafternoon. Just around the bend of a long driveway, reporters andphotographers walked in high grass and weeds into a clearing about 70yards wide. About 150 to 200 yards ahead just short of a wooded area iswhere a cadaver dog found the remains covered in brush. Behind a smallhill, a black patch of grass in the outline of Wright’s body suggestshe was lying with his knees bent and one arm near his face.
smh.gif

hope they have good leads and find the person(s) who did this asap.

EDIT:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/072910-police-search-for-clues-in-lorenzen-wright's-death

Memphis Police are also looking into a 9-1-1 tape made from Wright'scell phone in the early hours of July 19. Sources who have heard thetape say it's chilling; you can hear Wright screaming, followed byseveral gun shots.

Wright's body was found in an overgrownfield, several yards away from the road. Sources say that is likelywhere he died, and that someone purposely cut a barbed wire on thefence surrounding the area.

Friends say the route was a common shortcut for Wright when leaving his mother's house.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

Memphis Police officers allowed reporters back to the site thisafternoon. Just around the bend of a long driveway, reporters andphotographers walked in high grass and weeds into a clearing about 70yards wide. About 150 to 200 yards ahead just short of a wooded area iswhere a cadaver dog found the remains covered in brush. Behind a smallhill, a black patch of grass in the outline of Wright’s body suggestshe was lying with his knees bent and one arm near his face.
smh.gif

hope they have good leads and find the person(s) who did this asap.

EDIT:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/072910-police-search-for-clues-in-lorenzen-wright's-death

Memphis Police are also looking into a 9-1-1 tape made from Wright'scell phone in the early hours of July 19. Sources who have heard thetape say it's chilling; you can hear Wright screaming, followed byseveral gun shots.

Wright's body was found in an overgrownfield, several yards away from the road. Sources say that is likelywhere he died, and that someone purposely cut a barbed wire on thefence surrounding the area.

Friends say the route was a common shortcut for Wright when leaving his mother's house.

damn so its confirmed dude got shot 12 times...special place in hell for everybody involved in killing dude

damn so its confirmed dude got shot 12 times...special place in hell for everybody involved in killing dude

Wow they really dropped the ball on that 911 call. I mean literally nothing was ever mentioned of it until 9 days later, after they have found him deceased. "Oh yea, we got a 911 call from his phone, but somebody just screamed then there was gunshots and they hung up." And I doubt the perps turned his phone off. If they didn't, you can still track a phone's approximate location as long as it's on. My parents did it to find my nephew with Sprint, they located him to the exact house.

But RIP

Wow they really dropped the ball on that 911 call. I mean literally nothing was ever mentioned of it until 9 days later, after they have found him deceased. "Oh yea, we got a 911 call from his phone, but somebody just screamed then there was gunshots and they hung up." And I doubt the perps turned his phone off. If they didn't, you can still track a phone's approximate location as long as it's on. My parents did it to find my nephew with Sprint, they located him to the exact house.

But RIP

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the initial reports state that the police believed it to be an apparent suicide after his body was found? How the hell do they find someone shot 12 times and think it's suicide? At least state that it is being investigated, collecting evidence, inconclusive or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the initial reports state that the police believed it to be an apparent suicide after his body was found? How the hell do they find someone shot 12 times and think it's suicide? At least state that it is being investigated, collecting evidence, inconclusive or something.

Sherra Robinson Wright opened her front door one day in recent weeks to find three men she had never seen before, each with guns tucked in their waistbands.

They looked serious and wanted to know if her ex-husband, former NBA star Lorenzen Wright, 34, happened to be inside the Whisperwood Drive home visiting his six children.

No, she assured them, and they drove away.

The frightened Collierville mom rushed to tell her divorce attorney, Gail Mathes, about the scary ordeal and her fears for herself, her children and the ex-husband she still loved, Mathes said.

Sherra Robinson Wright opened her front door one day in recent weeks to find three men she had never seen before, each with guns tucked in their waistbands.

They looked serious and wanted to know if her ex-husband, former NBA star Lorenzen Wright, 34, happened to be inside the Whisperwood Drive home visiting his six children.

No, she assured them, and they drove away.

The frightened Collierville mom rushed to tell her divorce attorney, Gail Mathes, about the scary ordeal and her fears for herself, her children and the ex-husband she still loved, Mathes said.

I'm not exactly sure how the entire investigation - from the Missing Person's Report being taken to his body being discovered by Memphis PD was handled... but to everyone stating that the Dispatcher, the Police, etc. "dropped the ball" on the 911 call, like another person stated, cell phone calls are nearly impossible to track unless the caller is still on the line.

In California, when a cell phone dials 911 - the call immediately goes to California Highway Patrol, simply because the cell phone, although located in the state, there is no way of determining whether the caller's in Northern Cal or Southern Cal, that is, until the call connects.  Once the call connects, the towers closest to where the cell phone is located will give an estimated address or location.

I'm not sure if Tennessee works that way, but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar.  Now, if the cell phone connection gave a mere estimated location, which could be any set of square mileage, depending on the cell phone carrier's towers, then the best thing that the dispatcher could do was dispatch an unit to the area of the estimated location of the call.  Unless the dispatcher didn't do this - then he/she dropped the ball.  Next, once dispatched, the unit was set to respond and look for evidence of a crime.  Unless PD didn't respond, then they dropped the ball.

I'm not exactly sure when (date/time) he was reported missing, when (time) the 911 call was made, and if Memphis PD unit that responded knew about the possibility of him being in some sort of danger.  It is until now, going back and putting the pieces together, that the entire story is being put together/timeline.  Sadly, that's the way a lot of these situations end up.

Now, if while searching for him, PD knew about the call + the contents of the call's audio and the fact that it was his cell phone..then the smart thing was to immediately designate a search team in that area.  Again, I'm not sure of the exact details of the situation..

Regardless, RIP L.W.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom