US Airways First Class Dresscode

There's a way to dress comfortably and still look presentable to the world. Put a little effort into it and leave the athletic pants for exercising. What do sweatpants even look like these days? We're not talking about those heavy cotton things, are we? :x

man s t f u i see people in sweats every time i'm at the airport

There's a way to dress comfortably and still look presentable to the world. Put a little effort into it and leave the athletic pants for exercising. What do sweatpants even look like these days? We're not talking about those heavy cotton things, are we? :x

This man knows what's up..

Shouldn't the employees have disclosed the reason why they had to change their attire if it's policy to dress in business casual attire?

Man some of y'all legit have ego problems. Y'all care how another man dresses on a damn airplane now? All you do is sit in a damn seat.
Why the hell should I dress like I'm at work while I'm on vacation away from work?

Man some of y'all legit have ego problems. Y'all care how another man dresses on a damn airplane now? All you do is sit in a damn seat.
Why the hell should I dress like I'm at work while I'm on vacation away from work?

I wonder if they put on suits to catch the bus or subway too.

According to them, when I fly out to San Diego to kick it on the beach, I should be dressed like I'm attending a business meeting

Last edited:
I like to be comfortable if I'm restricted in a seat for longer than an hour or 2. I don't see the benefit of dressing up on an airplane. People act like getting up to go to the bathroom is like modeling the runway. Trying way too hard.

flying can be a hassle as is, why make it any more difficult than it has to be? my go-to flight attire (bball shorts, t-shirt, flip flops, cap) is for comfort and to reduce hassle. dont have to take a coat off, my belt off, untie shoes, or anything like that. just breeze right through the security line.

Two misinformed individuals not knowing the policy of said airlines calling discrimination and trying to get some money out of it?

ilZFgsp8g23FV.gif

damn, ppl should be able to wear whatever they feel like wearing. Their money, their decision. 
all this airplane talk got me thinking about the airplane food..:x
For some reason, I've always hated airplane food. It just tastes so different for me :x

It's suppose to.

Your taste buds aren't the same at 35,000 feet.

:rofl: at the thought of ya'll dudes looking like in the dressing better thread for a flight.

I can't do it, seats are too uncomfortable for all that and there's no leg room.

laugh.gif
Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).

You can wear whatever you want, but why be so adamant about wearing bball shorts and sweats to the airport? It's still a public place. You should care a little about how you dress. If I see a chick strutting down the aisle in yoga pants and flip flops, I think that she is selfish because she thinks the plane is her bedroom. But we all riding the plane together. We all owe it to each other to look presentable IMO.

Last edited:
:lol: Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).
You can wear whatever you want, but why be so adamant about wearing bball shorts and sweats to the airport? It's still a public place. You should care a little about how you dress. If I see a chick strutting down the aisle in yoga pants and flip flops, I think that she is selfish because she thinks the plane is her bedroom. But we all riding the plane together. We all owe it to each other to look presentable IMO.

View media item 368679

:rofl: at the thought of ya'll dudes looking like in the dressing better thread for a flight.

I can't do it, seats are too uncomfortable for all that and there's no leg room.
You act like because people "dress better" they're uncomfortable which isn't even close to the truth. It's not any more or less comfortable than what you probably consider everyday clothing...unless you wear sweatpants on a day to day basis.

If I'm going to be sitting/laying on a plane in first class or coach, whether I wear baggy or fitted clothes normally, if I don't have anyone to impress on or after I get off the plane I'm wearing sweatpants, shorts, whatever I'd wear to just lounge around.

There's been some stereotyping going on in this thread with the assumption that if you're wearing that, you're dressed like a thug (weren't raised right).

:lol: Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).

I fly out of the country a lot, and a lot of my flights are over 12 hours long. Hell yea I'm gonna treat my plane seat like a bedroom :lol:
I guess the pillows and blankets the airlines provide you are there for no reason :rolleyes If you enjoy sleeping in chucks and chinos on a plane, that's perfectly fine. No need to look down on people like us who would couldn't care less about impressing strangers on a flying bus.

Last edited:
They were flying on buddy passes (different rules apply)...and now their buddy is prolly fired..good job

cosign. but after watching this vid, i don't think i can say the airline was justified. a policy like that should be made clear imo beforehand. not at the gate. but what really makes this ugly is that 2 non blacks were dressed 100% casual and not called out.

cmon now, fitted or not, that's discrimination. im all for presentable appearance, and loathe..absolutely HATE when dudes rock pants sagging on some chief keef type ****. but if those guys weren't about that life then the airline had no reason to single them out if they were letting on other race passengers dressed casually.

the easiest way to prove racism is simple, do a social experiment. if a white guy
73431_WD6073_m

or flamboyantly gay dude

(no image, but think of the gayest dude you've seen...womens jeans, bag, uggz.)

don't get stopped for going into first class....you already know what it is.

Your missing the part about them flying on an employee buddy pass.

Had they purchased a regular ticket instead there would be no issue about what they were wearing but since their flying on an employee buddy pass different rules apply and they apply for anyone on employee travel regardless of their race.

All that said, the dude that hooked them up should've let them know the dress code before hand for their seats. Hell I wouldn't be suprised if he did but they just choose not to listen to him. My reasoning for that is that when they were asked to change, they had the according clothes to wear.

.....yeaaa i did miss that.

MURICA IS RACIST!

its an odd rule tho for employees, whats the point of that...

.....yeaaa i did miss that.

MURICA IS RACIST!

its an odd rule tho for employees, whats the point of that...

that i got no clue about the rule though, it all depends on the airline though because some are more strict then others on the guidelines of the dresscode. usairways is strict as hell though and that's from past expierence dealing with them.

Back
Top Bottom